Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a good time to grow a beard cool

Please don't feed the trolls!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Now would be a good time for anyone to donate some blood. Supplies of it are low.

Donated the other night and their was just one other person donating. Wish more people would give.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sorry to hear you’re under the weather. Prayer sent for a rapid recovery.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m guessing “Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura”. Yeah, I had to get them to say it 3 times when I was diagnosed with it in 1996. Mine was caused by the flu.

The platelets are just to get you back level. For me, the tx was gammaglobulin to try to reboot my immune system. IV. Takes about 8 hours. I had it 5 times. Didn’t work.

Someone else I know had it and it was managed with steroids, Prednisone, I think, with the usual side-effects of steroids. I didn’t get that treatment.

Eventually, the only option was to take out my spleen, which was what was in overdrive (spleen is 1/3 of your immune system). Worked like a charm and honestly, have never looked back. In fact, my WBC is still higher than normal and I either don’t get sick or shake it off fast. Never even had a cold the first 7 years after.

Good luck with it. It’s rare but they know how to treat it. Just might take time to figure what works for you.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Hang tough, MJB.

IC B2

M
mjbgalt Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Sounds like a good time to grow a beard cool

Dude, no schit...I am not allowed to shave. Or floss. Or eat anything sharp like chips. Because they may not be able to stop the bleeding.

So I can lay around and be hairy and have dirty teef. Lol

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Good luck and get well soon!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I’m due to give a pint. O+. But send me name etc and I’ll do it in your honor. You’ll be getting some damn good blood. Probably still has a little Jack Daniels in it too! Take care!

Mackey.

Mackey
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
God's speed sir and thank you for posting. I understand the "Covid is a scam don't get suckered into complying" anger that is so common. I can also tell you that my wife's medical practice this past Friday and again last Tuesday couldn't open because they did not have enough Covid free staff to function. First time in over 2 1/2 years of this outbreak that has happened.

This latest variant is really contagious.

"They are currently trying to find platelets because there is a shortage."

Very frustrating times to be a patient or provider. Personally I'm going to start wearing an N 95 again when I have close contact.

Prayers offered for a full and speedy recovery.

I fully believe it's real. But the government reaction to it is a scam. It's all a mechanism to remove trump and lock the economy and sell vaccines to children.

However, if you're sick, you're sick. And I am. Can't complain. These medical people have been working their ass off.

My view as well.
Hope they patch ya up quick so you can get back at it 👍

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Praying for you, get well soon.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Praying for you, get well soon.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Thanks guys. Have had several people offer to donate platelets. My support system is strong. And other than being tired I feel ok. I feel like I should be visiting some other people in here and trying to help. Can't believe how short staffed they are and how many people are sleeping on the floor waiting for rooms. Crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had hepatitis in College and have not been able to donate blood since then. I always hated needles so in a way that was almost a relief, "Yeah I'd really like to help out with this blood drive but but sorry not safe...".

For anyone that isn't restricted from doing so it's a really good karma civic minded thing to do. Plus there is free juice and cookies.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hookeye
God's speed sir and thank you for posting. I understand the "Covid is a scam don't get suckered into complying" anger that is so common. I can also tell you that my wife's medical practice this past Friday and again last Tuesday couldn't open because they did not have enough Covid free staff to function. First time in over 2 1/2 years of this outbreak that has happened.

Very frustrating times to be a patient or provider. Personally I'm going to start wearing an N 95 again when I have close contact.

I fully believe it's real. But the government reaction to it is a scam. It's all a mechanism to remove trump and lock the economy and sell vaccines to children.

However, if you're sick, you're sick. And I am. Can't complain. These medical people have been working their ass off.

My view as well.

COVID-19 is a man made virus developed illegally as a weapon of war by Zero, Gates, Fauki and the NWO cabal to kill the elderly. It was released to cause total lockdowns for years and starvation and anarchy to allow the typical communist plan of stepping in and offering an end to starvation if their plan was accepted, a chicken in every pot, just as was done in Hungary and Cuba, to put the Proletariat in power.

This time they planned on putting the WEF Cabal in power where they would own all and the folks would have food and like it or else.

Trump was the monkey wrench that derailed the plan. Now they are trying to resurrect their Agenda 2030 plan.

Its not going to fly. Trump, by GOD, and the Patriots are why.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/08/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Apparently giving platelets is a pain in the ass and takes a while. Not like giving blood. I dunno the details but that's what I was told

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by hookeye

My view as well.

COVID-19 is a man made virus developed illegally as a weapon of war by Zero, Gates, Fauki and the NWO cabal to kill the elderly. It was released to cause total lockdowns for years and starvation and anarchy to allow the typical communist plan of stepping in and offering an end to starvation if their plan was accepted, a chicken in every pot, just as was done in Hungary and Cuba, to put the Proletariat in power.

This time they planned on putting the WEF Cabal in power where they would own all and the folks would have food and like it or else.

Trump was the monkey wrench that derailed the plan. Now they are trying to resurrect their Agenda 2030 plan.

Its not going to fly. Trump and the Patriots are why.

That explanation works too.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I had hepatitis in College and have not been able to donate blood since then. I always hated needles so in a way that was almost a relief, "Yeah I'd really like to help out with this blood drive but but sorry not safe...".

For anyone that isn't restricted from doing so it's a really good karma civic minded thing to do. Plus there is free juice and cookies.

Yeah I hate needles too and I got to make friends with a whole bunch of them in here.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Apparently giving platelets is a pain in the ass and takes a while. Not like giving blood. I dunno the details but that's what I was told

That’s true.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah I hate needles too and I got to make friends with a whole bunch of them in here.

My wife walked past a room where I was having blood drawn. She stopped pointed and asked, "Why are you using that pediatric size needle?". The lab tech who was a friend said, "for the patient's comfort now go away!".

Word spread though, the next time I had blood drawn one of the medical assistants chased out into the parking lot after me loudly saying, "Wait we found the Snoopy Band-Aids and you didn't get your lolly pop!".

Just like Rodney Dangerfield, "I get no respect!".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Good luck and get well soon!!!
Ditto MJB

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,449 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.