Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Paul, if more bicyclists rode the way you do, maybe there wouldn’t be as much friction between drivers and people on bikes.

Unfortunately, while bike riders have a legal right to share a road with a vehicle. Their ignorance, lack of awareness, and attitude that it’s someone else’s responsibility to keep them safe has put a lot of cyclists on the pavement or worse, turned them into a stain on the ground.

Being dead right, ain’t much of a win.

🦫

I understand that Beave. I do encounter the occasional inconsiderate ass on a bicycle. The reality is though that they are but a blip on the radar of inconveniences that I face as a motorist. They are not a threat to my safety as a motorist. I guess that's why my indignation meter scarcely registers them. The thing that so perplexing to me in these bicycling discussions is why the level of indignation over bicyclists far exceeds any relative inconvenience that they pose. I almost NEVER drive anywhere without some idiot motorist inconveniencing me or endangering me. What do you think it is about cyclists, other than the spandex of course, that causes people to lose their schidt over them.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Paul, if more bicyclists rode the way you do, maybe there wouldn’t be as much friction between drivers and people on bikes.

Unfortunately, while bike riders have a legal right to share a road with a vehicle. Their ignorance, lack of awareness, and attitude that it’s someone else’s responsibility to keep them safe has put a lot of cyclists on the pavement or worse, turned them into a stain on the ground.

🦫

I understand that Beave. I do encounter the occasional inconsiderate ass on a bicycle. The reality is though that they are but a blip on the radar of inconveniences that I face as a motorist. They are not a threat to my safety as a motorist. I guess that's why my indignation meter scarcely registers them. The thing that so perplexing to me in these bicycling discussions is why the level of indignation over bicyclists far exceeds any relative inconvenience that they pose. I almost NEVER drive anywhere without some idiot motorist inconveniencing me or endangering me. What do you think it is about cyclists, other than the spandex of course, that causes people to lose their schidt over them.

If you want to have a real discussion about safety and American roadways you’re going to have to stop lying.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Unfortunately, while bike riders have a legal right to share a road with a vehicle. Their ignorance, lack of awareness, and attitude that it’s someone else’s responsibility to keep them safe has put a lot of cyclists on the pavement, or worse, turned them into a stain on the ground.

🦫

It’s actually far worse than that but I don’t expect somebody like you or Paul to realize it.

Like most things it will have to be explained.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

🦫

I’ve had to deal ~ navigate, almost daily, with all types and skill levels of bicyclists where I live. Country roads that meander through farm country, to coastal roads that overlook the Pacific Ocean.

Most cyclists don’t want to get hurt or die, and ride with a heightened level of self awareness…The cyclists ass-holes that I’ve had the most trouble with is the small group of 5-6 riders, all wearing their sponsors spandex, cool Oakley glasses and tear shaped and vented helmets.

These road warriors typically won’t have a ‘mirror’ attached to their helmet ~ that would take away their cool factor.

It’s almost like these type of riders believe they should cover both lanes on a straight away, and me, in a truck, can pass them on the shoulder of the road, because for them to ride single file is unacceptable.

Ass-hole, douchbaggery on two wheels is mind boggling.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

🦫

If you want to have a real discussion about safety and American roadways you’re going to have to stop lying.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Unfortunately, while bike riders have a legal right to share a road with a vehicle. Their ignorance, lack of awareness, and attitude that it’s someone else’s responsibility to keep them safe has put a lot of cyclists on the pavement, or worse, turned them into a stain on the ground.

🦫

It’s actually far worse than that but I don’t expect somebody like you or Paul to realize it.

I’d run you over on your Ruckus, take your beer, and laugh.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
out here in Alasker, some of us use mt bikes to roll our shot dead creatures out of the trees... I've done blk bear, moose, elk & deer..... on Afognak Island (Kodiak) a good many miles of logging roads exist.... where a bike is an indispensible tool of transportation .. & dead stuff extraction .... also, for some reason the roosie elk & blktl deer don't fear the reaper on a bike rolling through vs a fat fk waddling his fat gut around.....

I'm going on a mt gote hunt on a bike in Aug

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

🦫

🦫

Sure you would.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swamplord
out here in Alasker, some of us use mt bikes to roll our shot dead creatures out of the trees... I've done blk bear, moose, elk & deer..... on Afognak Island (Kodiak) a good many miles of logging roads exist.... where a bike is an indispensible tool of transportation .. & dead stuff extraction .... also, for some reason the roosie elk & blktl deer don't fear the reaper on a bike rolling through vs a fat fk waddling his fat gut around.....

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

🦫

🦫

Sure you would.

LOL

Okay, I wouldn’t run you over. Just push you down, take your beer and laugh, then.

Better?

Lol

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve had to deal ~ navigate, almost daily, with all types and skill levels of bicyclists where I live. Country roads that meander through farm country, to coastal roads that overlook the Pacific Ocean.

Most cyclists don’t want to get hurt or die, and ride with a heightened level of self awareness…The cyclists ass-holes that I’ve had the most trouble with is the small group of 5-6 riders, all wearing their sponsors spandex, cool Oakley glasses and tear shaped and vented helmets.

These road warriors typically won’t have a ‘mirror’ attached to their helmet ~ that would take away their cool factor.

It’s almost like these type of riders believe they should cover both lanes on a straight away, and me, in a truck, can pass them on the shoulder of the road, because for them to ride single file is unacceptable.

🦫

Are you saying that cyclists are taking up both travel lanes that go in the same direction? I have never seen or heard of that. I'd take issue with that kind of crap.

Cyclists not going single file when a motorist will have to enter the oncoming lane to effect a safe pass on a 2 lane road with narrow lanes actually makes it faster for the motorist to pass.

I rarely ride in groups, but when I do, even taking the above into consideration, I'll single up. It tends to make ignorant (and i don't mean that as a perjorative) motorists feel better.

I don't ride with a mirror. Even with my bad hearing, I don't get caught by surprise. I keep my head on a swivel. I believe there is value in looking over my shoulder to let motorists know that I know that they are there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Swamplord

🦫

Oh now we’re gonna change the definition of a bicycle.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

🦫

Are you saying that cyclists are taking up both travel lanes that go in the same direction? I have never seen or heard of that. I'd take issue with that kind of crap.

Cyclists not going single file when a motorist will have to enter the oncoming lane to effect a safe pass on a 2 lane road with narrow lanes actually makes it faster for the motorist to pass.

I rarely ride in groups, but when I do, even taking the above into consideration, I'll single up. It tends to make ignorant (and i don't mean that as a perjorative) motorists feel better.

I don't ride with a mirror. Even with my bad hearing, I don't get caught by surprise. I keep my head on a swivel. I believe there is value in looking over my shoulder to let motorists know that I know that they are there.

Yes, riding abreast, 4-5 riders spanned across both lanes of a 2 lane country road. And not competition riding. Just working out, I assume.

So, that would piss you off? Oregon riders are some of the most self entitlement fûcks you could come across.

🦫

PS

Flavor, stfu 🤬

Lol

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, riding abreast, 4-5 riders spanned across both lanes of a 2 lane country road. And not competition riding. Just working out, I assume.

So, that would piss you off? Oregon riders are some of the most self entitlement fûcks you could come across.

🦫

Lol

You goddam right it would. I'd treat them with all the courtesy they treated me too.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

🦫

I personally think a lot of cyclists act like entitled dicks myself. It may be that they appear to act like entitled dicks.

When I'm riding on the road I make a noticeable move to the right when a vehicle comes up behind me. Practically speaking this accomplishes nothing as the driver still basically has to go into the other lane, but it does show that I'm trying to cooperate with the vehicle. If I stay in the center of the lane like so many riders do the vehicle driver still has to go into the other lane, but to their eyes I look like an A-hole.

Generally speaking the roads I ride on are very straight with long sight lines and no trees blocking the view with low traffic. If I saw 50 cars in an hour I'd be wondering what the hell was going on.

I did see group of entitled dicks the day before yesterday. At a 4 way intersection with a large flat gravel area on the NW side they decide to take a break in the middle of East bound lane and South bound lane right at and just past the stop sign. A truck heading South had to go into the North bound lane to get around the ride leaders who were blocking the South bound lane. I'm pretty sure he was cussing cyclists.

The route they were riding heads East and turns South at the intersection and admittedly is fairly low traffic. I have seen a Southbound pickup towing a toy hauler, blow that intersection at 40+ MPH before though. I ride bikes and I thought what they did was a dick move as well as being stupid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might be a State by State thing. The major bike cities being Oregon, Washington, Colorado and CA, to name a few, always do a deep dive into legislation that gives bicyclists special treatment ~ almost like they do for retards.

Bonds get passed to build bike and ped only bridges. Bike lanes only in cities that reduce vehicle access, yet bikes still ride into traffic, as if their bike lane isn’t enough.

When Liberal States push the ‘Green’ they immediately give funding to alternative, non fuel transportation. Even if it’s at the expense of vehicles, traffic congestion, and safety.

Empowering liberal minds, creates an attitude that they are better than the rest of the fuel burners. Why be respectful and share a road, when we as drivers are causing the world to circle the drain?

I like Paul. I’m sure he and others who ride like him, aren’t the problem we encounter on a daily basis with bicyclists.

But a self entitled liberal on a bike, is a different story, different animal. IMO.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Haters usually hate what they can’t do. Bike haters are to obese and out of shape to ride.

Hence the reason DJT and the fire faithful say they would never ride a bike.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Biden sure showed him!
Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan

🦫

I personally think a lot of cyclists act like entitled dicks myself. It may be that they appear to act like entitled dicks.

When I'm riding on the road I make a noticeable move to the right when a vehicle comes up behind me. Practically speaking this accomplishes nothing as the driver still basically has to go into the other lane, but it does show that I'm trying to cooperate with the vehicle. If I stay in the center of the lane like so many riders do the vehicle driver still has to go into the other lane, but to their eyes I look like an A-hole.

Generally speaking the roads I ride on are very straight with long sight lines and no trees blocking the view with low traffic. If I saw 50 cars in an hour I'd be wondering what the hell was going on.

I did see group of entitled dicks the day before yesterday. At a 4 way intersection with a large flat gravel area on the NW side they decide to take a break in the middle of East bound lane and South bound lane right at and just past the stop sign. A truck heading South had to go into the North bound lane to get around the ride leaders who were blocking the South bound lane. I'm pretty sure he was cussing cyclists.

The route they were riding heads East and turns South at the intersection and admittedly is fairly low traffic. I have seen a Southbound pickup towing a toy hauler, blow that intersection at 40+ MPH before though. I ride bikes and I thought what they did was a dick move as well as being stupid.

Your thought processes are entirely too reasonable.

"When I'm riding on the road I make a noticeable move to the right when a vehicle comes up behind me. Practically speaking this accomplishes nothing as the driver still basically has to go into the other lane, but it does show that I'm trying to cooperate with the vehicle. If I stay in the center of the lane like so many riders do the vehicle driver still has to go into the other lane, but to their eyes I look like an A-hole."

I do the exact same thing to appease motorists. It's no skin off of my back to do it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Haters usually hate what they can’t do. Bike haters are to obese and out of shape to ride.

Hence the reason DJT said he would never ride a bike.

For fûck sakes!...Go blow a cat and prove your worthiness to PETA.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1badf350, 1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 70 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,704
Posts18,513,823
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.