Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Might be a State by State thing. The major bike cities being Oregon, Washington, Colorado and CA, to name a few, always do a deep dive into legislation that gives bicyclists special treatment ~ almost like they do for retards.

Bonds get passed to build bike and ped only bridges. Bike lanes only in cities that reduce vehicle access, yet bikes still ride into traffic, as if their bike lane isn’t enough.

When Liberal States push the ‘Green’ they immediately give funding to alternative, non fuel transportation. Even if it’s at the expense of vehicles, traffic congestion, and safety.

Empowering liberal minds, creates an attitude that they are better than the rest of the fuel burners. Why be respectful and share a road, when we as drivers are causing the world to circle the drain?

I like Paul. I’m sure he and others who ride like him, aren’t the problem we encounter on a daily basis with bicyclists.

But a self entitled liberal on a bike, is a different story, different animal. IMO.

🦫

FWIW, some bike lanes are built entirely within the door zone of cars parked to the right of the lane. I DO NOT ride in door zones. There can be other issues with bike lanes that would find a reasonable rider eschewing them. Entitled athhole riders will use those excuses to eschew perfectly good bike lanes. Most motorists are too ignorant to discern the difference.

The rain has passed, I am going to saddle up. I wonder if I'll encounter a dick in a full-sized Chevy/GMC today. Only 6 of my 30 miles will be on roads.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I don't really think of it as appeasing drivers it's more of a politeness thing. I generally try to be polite in public. I say please, thank you Sir, Ma'am, hold open doors etc.

I'm not actually a nice person, but I do try not to be a dick even if it's a struggle sometimes.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Haters usually hate what they can’t do. Bike haters are to obese and out of shape to ride.

Hence the reason DJT and the fire faithful say they would never ride a bike.

You should of seen the belly on the recumbent rider I saw the other day. Looked like he swallowed a beer keg.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Might be a State by State thing. The major bike cities being Oregon, Washington, Colorado and CA, to name a few, always do a deep dive into legislation that gives bicyclists special treatment ~ almost like they do for retards.

Bonds get passed to build bike and ped only bridges. Bike lanes only in cities that reduce vehicle access, yet bikes still ride into traffic, as if their bike lane isn’t enough.

When Liberal States push the ‘Green’ they immediately give funding to alternative, non fuel transportation. Even if it’s at the expense of vehicles, traffic congestion, and safety.

Empowering liberal minds, creates an attitude that they are better than the rest of the fuel burners. Why be respectful and share a road, when we as drivers are causing the world to circle the drain?

I like Paul. I’m sure he and others who ride like him, aren’t the problem we encounter on a daily basis with bicyclists.

But a self entitled liberal on a bike, is a different story, different animal. IMO.

🦫

FWIW, some bike lanes are built entirely within the door zone of cars parked to the right of the lane. I DO NOT ride in door zones. There can be other issues with bike lanes that would find a reasonable rider eschewing them. Entitled athhole riders will use those excuses to eschew perfectly good bike lanes. Most motorists are too ignorant to discern the difference.

The rain has passed, I am going to saddle up. I wonder if I'll encounter a dick in a full-sized Chevy/GMC today. Only 6 of my 30 miles will be on roads.

I’ve zero doubt you’ll encounter a full sized dick.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Barnard is a self righteous bitch.

Poor Sam has to suffer all of those cyclists causing traffic jams in Cousinfugk Montana.

I don't know if you're aware or not but bicyclists are quite the problem in that AOR in the summers.

The route is some sort of retard mecca or something. They're a massive pain in the ass.

Yes, of course. They are a pain in the ass everywhere. Everywhere but the places I have driven from coast to coast. You'd think with my luck that I'd be a magnet for lane hogging bicyclists.

Rt 2 east -west along the Hi Line across Montana, it’s part of the Northern Tier Trans-America bicycle route (or whatever the name is). I rode part of it from Havre over towards Jim’s place.

A major transportation artery in that part of the world, heavy vehicle traffic, semis, farm machinery. Absolutely horrible bicycle road for long stretches; bad pavement, no shoulder. I’m recalling just two lanes in places. Crossing bridges over streams and low spots was even worse, metal crash barriers over these spots actually force you into the lane.

I’ve ridden highways rather a lot, this was among the worst I’ve seen. I’m surprised it weren’t littered with dead cyclists.

MDTs website shows traffic counts for Montana highways.

From random samples average traffic counts on US HWY 2 east of Glasgow are 50-100 vehicles per hour. 10-15 large trucks per hour.

Random street view samples show road design similar to this.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That road design is fine with me, as there is plenty of room to the right of the rumble strips. While traffic isn't heavy by my standards, there would be constant road noise that takes away from the peace I seek when I ride.

Lets do this one now.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.982421,-91.0971107,3a,75y,208.28h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s-I3bgOtMJo_HQFvNnWYGgw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3D-I3bgOtMJo_HQFvNnWYGgw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D90.986465%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Street view on up through the Cut and let me know if its a minor annoyance getting caught behind Schwinn Armstrong feygits 'taking the lane' and I'm the c.unt

...To their credit the pavement is pristine, so I understand why they like it as opposed to say, the the miles of bike trail in this county and adjoining counties. Sparta-Elroy trail is only 32 continuous miles or so. Probably scared they'll run out I guess. Great River trail only connects 100+ miles of trails, probably get boring knocking that one down in a couple hours and being ready for more.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Was dodging pedal bikers today. 70 mph 2 lane road. No shoulders. Pulling a trailer with equipment, not exactly a zippy little sports car to cater to the asshôles that won’t ride in the thousands of miles of side roads. One of my biggest fears is me or worse one of my kids tagging one by accident.

How long did it take you to get around them?

Although they do clog things up, my post wasn’t about that. It was about the guilt and liability assigned to a motorist if the worst case scenario happens. I try my damndest to avoid them, but there are times it’s a close run thing.

What is the longest you have ever been held up by a bicyclist?

How could a worse case scenario happen to you or yours, if you/yours and the cyclists were operating safely and legally?

Can you give me an example of a close run you have had? As a driver, I have only had 2 somewhat close calls in my life and in both cases the cyclists were operating illegally. One was riding on the wrong side of the road, and the other was on the sidewalk.

I'll give you one example. 2 lane road, middle of summer so heavy traffic. There is a bridge over a small river, there's hardly any room outside the fog line. I'm driving my pickup pulling a flatbed tandem axle trailer loaded with small square bales of hay. As I approach the bridge I could not see the pedal bikers on my side of the road because of the vehicles in front of me. I'm on the bridge, pedal biker now beside me and a semi with a belly dump or a dump truck (I can't remember but it was a big heavy truck) is coming the other way. Everyone in this situation is legally allowed to be where they are. I try like hell to avoid hurting anybody if I can help it, but I'm not going to turn into a semi and wreck my vehicle, and myself to preserve the life of a dumbass arrogant fûcking pedal biker. Even had I wanted to and I stomped on the brakes I'd have never stopped in time. That pedal biker was within an inch of my trailer fender as I went by. I had a knot in my stomach that took a bit to go away, as I really thought I was going to hit them.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's comical to listen to people like PaulFugktard advocate for stupidity because they simply will not acknowledge reality.

Remove the laws that give them protection on those roadways. See how quickly they get right the fugk off of them. They know full and well the dangers they are imposing on everybody else, they simply don't give a fugk.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Poor Sam has to suffer all of those cyclists causing traffic jams in Cousinfugk Montana.

I don't know if you're aware or not but bicyclists are quite the problem in that AOR in the summers.

The route is some sort of retard mecca or something. They're a massive pain in the ass.

Yes, of course. They are a pain in the ass everywhere. Everywhere but the places I have driven from coast to coast. You'd think with my luck that I'd be a magnet for lane hogging bicyclists.

Rt 2 east -west along the Hi Line across Montana, it’s part of the Northern Tier Trans-America bicycle route (or whatever the name is). I rode part of it from Havre over towards Jim’s place.

A major transportation artery in that part of the world, heavy vehicle traffic, semis, farm machinery. Absolutely horrible bicycle road for long stretches; bad pavement, no shoulder. I’m recalling just two lanes in places. Crossing bridges over streams and low spots was even worse, metal crash barriers over these spots actually force you into the lane.

I’ve ridden highways rather a lot, this was among the worst I’ve seen. I’m surprised it weren’t littered with dead cyclists.

From random samples average traffic counts on US HWY 2 east of Glasgow are 50-100 vehicles per hour. 10-15 large trucks per hour.

That road design is fine with me, as there is plenty of room to the right of the rumble strips. While traffic isn't heavy by my standards, there would be constant road noise that takes away from the peace I seek when I ride.

Lets do this one now.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.982421,-91.0971107,3a,75y,208.28h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s-I3bgOtMJo_HQFvNnWYGgw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3D-I3bgOtMJo_HQFvNnWYGgw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D90.986465%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Street view on up through the Cut and let me know if its a minor annoyance getting caught behind Schwinn Armstrong feygits 'taking the lane' and I'm the c.unt

...To their credit the pavement is pristine, so I understand why they like it as opposed to say, the the miles of bike trail in this county and adjoining counties. Sparta-Elroy trail is only 32 continuous miles or so. Probably scared they'll run out I guess. Great River trail only connects 100+ miles of trails, probably get boring knocking that one down in a couple hours and being ready for more.

My first thought is how far away are those trails? My second thought is what if they are using the pictured road as part of a route that includes those trails? My third thought is if this is a recurring "problem" for you, why don't you take a different route?

Oh, and I suppose, in the interest of balance, that there is no reason to take the pictured road other than to piss you off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They know full and well the dangers they are imposing on everybody else, they simply don't give a fugk.

I am well aware of the horrible dangers that cyclists pose to motorists. Hell, every time I catch breaking news it's another account of a drunk cyclist killing someone in a GMC pickup truck. lololol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Lets do this one now.

My first thought is how far away are those trails? My second thought is what if they are using the pictured road as part of a route that includes those trails? My third thought is if this is a recurring "problem" for you, why don't you take a different route?

Oh, and I suppose, in the interest of balance, that there is no reason to take the pictured road other than to piss you off.

LOL, I gifted you the Google map...you tell me.

Why don't I take a different road to avoid the bicyclists? Had not considered that...got me there!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was dodging pedal bikers today. 70 mph 2 lane road. No shoulders. Pulling a trailer with equipment, not exactly a zippy little sports car to cater to the asshôles that won’t ride in the thousands of miles of side roads. One of my biggest fears is me or worse one of my kids tagging one by accident.

Although they do clog things up, my post wasn’t about that. It was about the guilt and liability assigned to a motorist if the worst case scenario happens. I try my damndest to avoid them, but there are times it’s a close run thing.

How could a worse case scenario happen to you or yours, if you/yours and the cyclists were operating safely and legally?

Can you give me an example of a close run you have had? As a driver, I have only had 2 somewhat close calls in my life and in both cases the cyclists were operating illegally. One was riding on the wrong side of the road, and the other was on the sidewalk.

I'll give you one example. 2 lane road, middle of summer so heavy traffic. There is a bridge over a small river, there's hardly any room outside the fog line. I'm driving my pickup pulling a flatbed tandem axle trailer loaded with small square bales of hay. As I approach the bridge I could not see the pedal bikers on my side of the road because of the vehicles in front of me. I'm on the bridge, pedal biker now beside me and a semi with a belly dump or a dump truck (I can't remember but it was a big heavy truck) is coming the other way. Everyone in this situation is legally allowed to be where they are. I try like hell to avoid hurting anybody if I can help it, but I'm not going to turn into a semi and wreck my vehicle, and myself to preserve the life of a dumbass arrogant fûcking pedal biker. Even had I wanted to and I stomped on the brakes I'd have never stopped in time. That pedal biker was within an inch of my trailer fender as I went by. I had a knot in my stomach that took a bit to go away, as I really thought I was going to hit them.

What's the speed limit on that road?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan
I don't really think of it as appeasing drivers it's more of a politeness thing. I generally try to be polite in public. I say please, thank you Sir, Ma'am, hold open doors etc.

I'm not actually a nice person, but I do try not to be a dick even if it's a struggle sometimes.

I am a very nice person. I'll give you an example from today's ride.

I'll start by saying that I carry spare tubes and some tools in my pouch. I offer to help anyone I see stopped on the path. Today, up ahead on the right hand side of the path, I see what looks like a bike laying down. On the left hand side of the path looks like a large person. I slow and prepare to offer to help. As I close in, I can see that it's a roided up looking older guy and a fitness model looking younger woman trying to suck each other's tonsils out. They broke their embrace as I got close. They turned to me and looked. I said "I was going to offer you help, but it looks like you have things well under control." They both laughed out loud.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

60. And I was doing 5-10 under

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

60. And I was doing 5-10 under

That sounds like the kind of road I'd try to avoid. I have found myself in an uncomfortable squeeze like that on an unfamiliar road. Scared the hell out of me. I would have dismounted and walked on the outside of the guard rail, but it was a sheer drop off.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Damn funny listening to the old guys that are not capable enough drivers to avoid guys on bikes. Maybe you all shouldn’t even be driving.

I will take guys on bikes over the blue hairs, immigrants and tourons doing 55 in the left lane, hands at 10 and 2 in the 75 Oldsmobile.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn funny listening to the old guys that are not capable enough drivers to avoid guys on bikes. Maybe you all shouldn’t even be driving.

I will take guys on bikes over the blue hairs, immigrants and tourons doing 55 in the left lane, hands at 10 and 2 in the 75 Oldsmobile.

You will also take it up the pooper, so there's that.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They know full and well the dangers they are imposing on everybody else, they simply don't give a fugk.

I am well aware of the horrible dangers that cyclists pose to motorists. Hell, every time I catch breaking news it's another account of a drunk cyclist killing someone in a GMC pickup truck. lololol

You and your ilk think that because you have chosen to accept the higher risk of death or personal injury that nobody else has any skin in the game.

You don't consider that reasonable people are going to do everything in their power to keep from hurting you or killing you. And that the actions they take to prevent that may hurt themselves or others. Intentional or not.

Not to mention that if something horrific does happen to you or one of the other dumb fugks that engages in such activity that you leave an undue emotional (and often times financial) toll on the motorist and their family that you played fugk-fugk with.

And for what? Because you're too fugking lazy to do real exercise.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Maybe you two can compare boosters after a few drinks.

LOL

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That sounds like the kind of road I'd try to avoid.

That's another lie.

Evidenced by your own posts.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Says the guy in spandex

LOL

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,706
Posts18,513,867
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.