-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad I'm not needing a vehicle at this time.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn’t there a thread floating around from a few yrs back. Guy try ordering a Toyota with what he wanted and it kept getting kicked back. Basically Toyota was going to build it their way.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Me being a 'Yota guy.....

Wouldn't dream of replacing my ole Silverado with a new Tundra

The '02 pampered garage queen...2500 HD crew now with 137K miles

Considered the Duramax/Allison when I ordered it...was $7K more at the time

So I stuck with the 6.0L gasser...had no real reason to have the Duramax

Been a good dependable truck...Never pulled anything really heavy

4 place loaded horse trailer....this Lexus from PHX AZ last year......all uphill ):

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If I could have bought a new '02 2500 HD instead of my current truck, I sure would have. Wore out an '03. My dad still has an '01 and an '05. No mechanical issues between them, just maintenance for over 500k miles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a 2017 Silverado. 70k on it now. The only issues I had was a leaky Front strut and the washer pump went out. Both early, under 10k miles. I like it enough I am about a year late trading it in. Probably go with a GMC next.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Me being a 'Yota guy.....

Wouldn't dream of replacing my ole Silverado with a new Tundra

The '02 pampered garage queen...2500 HD crew now with 137K miles

Considered the Duramax/Allison when I ordered it...was $7K more at the time

So I stuck with the 6.0L gasser...had no real reason to have the Duramax

Been a good dependable truck...Never pulled anything really heavy

4 place loaded horse trailer....this Lexus from PHX AZ last year......all uphill ):

If I could have bought a new '02 2500 HD instead of my current truck, I sure would have. Wore out an '03. My dad still has an '01 and an '05. No mechanical issues between them, just maintenance for over 500k miles.

Mine.....biggest maintenance has been

last year all new rotors & pads

this year...belts/hoses/water pump/fresh coolant(2nd time)/thermostat/temp sending unit etc

Otherwise oil & filters......trans flush....twice

Have a talented mechanic buddy that likes cash & beer......

Never realized how uphill it was from AZ to Podunk till I pulled Bubba home

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty sure I would not be in line for a Tundra right now. They are having a lot of turbo problems. I know the parts manager at the local Toyota dealer and though he’s a gung-ho Toyota guy, he admits they are not the success they should be. Toyota is working on fixes, but as of 2 weeks ago, he’s heard nothing.

Last edited by badger; 07/10/22.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by badger
Pretty sure I would not be in line for a Tundra right now. They are having a lot of turbo problems. I know the parts manager at the local Toyota dealer and though he’s a gung-ho Toyota guy, he admits they are not the success they should be. Toyota is working on fixes, but as of 2 weeks ago, he’s heard nothing.

My bud is a mechanic at a big Toyota dealership and said beware of the new tundras. If dead set on a tundra find 21 or older with 5.7 and live with the bad fuel mileage

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had a Toyota salesman tell me to wait until they get the bugs out of the new V-6 Turbos they're putting in the new Tundras. That wasn't the service manager, it was a SALESMAN. We'd just bought the wife a new RAV4, and I was looking for a new vehicle for me. When I mentioned that I might look at the Tundras, he told me to wait.

I've been looking around, and still haven't found anything I like enough to trade my current pickup towards. Nothing at all. Ford is having all kinds of issues with their vehicles catching fire, GM is having issues with engines dropping lifters, Ram is getting rid of the Hemi for a V-6 Turbo, and I don't like the local Nissan dealer, that doesn't leave much.

I do really like the wife's RAV4, but I think I have one more pickup left in me.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Just purchased a $70,000 pickup. Do some Internet searching. Motor Trend. Car and Driver. etc. read their reviews. Clear winners out there. Neither of which you have mentioned. Good luck. My mechanic a Chevy guy all his life strong recommendation don't buy another GMC.

Adams

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bruinruin
If you want baboon ass ugly, Tundra is your Huckleberry.

Bingo. Life is too short to drive ugly ass pickups.

IC B3

D
dale06 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks guys.
I’m not liking what you are telling me about the new turbo motored in the Toyota.
I’ll re think and maybe ride out another year with my current truck.

NRA Patron
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Government Motor Car? Heard they are building them with 3 left tires nowadays. Old man has a 21 3/4 duramax. Underpowered and anything hitched to it with any kind of weight puts it on the overloads not to mention the price…. I’d save my money. Only thing worth a [bleep] is the brucejenner.

Last edited by WhiteTrash; 07/10/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WhiteTrash
Only thing worth a [bleep] is the brucejenner.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an 07 Tundra. 180,000 miles on it now. 15 years old, and I’ve had very little done to it. So far, the damage has been a replacement starter and a right rear taillight bulb. No problem towing my travel trailer or my flat trailer with the tractor on it. Fifteen years and nothing else has needed work. Never burned a drop of oil yet. An amazing truck. What an engine. Yes, I will buy another one., but I sure don’t need one.

Guy I know is ex-Toyota, and he says to wait till 2023.

My Tundra mileage does suck, at 15 mpg average. Gets 10 mpg towing my TT. They say the new ones only get 17 average, if they get that much. I’m waiting to see if the Hybrid version has significantly better mileage, and who knows what it’ll cost. I may wind up just keeping the 07 till it dies, but the problem with that is that it may never die before I do.

It’s true that I can’t drive past a gas station, but I sure can drive past the Toyota dealer service entrance, and I like that.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here's my '03 Lexus LX 470 computer reading..not towing

AC on........86*....heavy SUV pushing 7K#

Driving like I didn't steal it

4.7L Toyota was prior to to the newer 5.7L

Both good engines

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I own a Toyota Tundra and a GMC Sierra, both with small V8 engines. Get the GMC/Chevrolet. My GMC gets twice the gas mileage the Tundra does and is a better truck for towing. The newer Tundra has that awful cannister oil filter instead of the spin on.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I put a $1k deposit on a 2022 Tundra back in November...

Since then I have been getting real time intel from guys that bought them early (i.e. they work at the dealership and have an inside track).

That intel is NOT good... as in they will probably be selling their trucks/have already sold them... stuff failing/cracking/leaking... kinda nuts for Toyota.

When mine comes in... I will decide yes or no at that time.

------------------------------

GMC/Chevy... I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by badger

Don’t forget that the G44 blows up and can’t cycle.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think if the Toyota full size truck wasn't so ugly they would be more desirable.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
I own a Toyota Tundra and a GMC Sierra, both with small V8 engines. Get the GMC/Chevrolet. My GMC gets twice the gas mileage the Tundra does and is a better truck for towing. The newer Tundra has that awful cannister oil filter instead of the spin on.

And they are a PIA to change...not just Tundra

especially when you have to remove steel bumper trim plates

Then the skid plates....wife's Lexus GX 460

Holds 8 qts of oil though

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1_deuce, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 1minute, 16penny, 65 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,538
Posts18,472,802
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.