Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Chevy 1500’s are for gays.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Until Toyota can offer a Tundra with a turbo charged diesel engine in it, then Chevy wins hands-down IMHO.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They all suck. Especially right now.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by viking
Chevy 1500’s are for gays.
They are both an order of magnitude better than they were 20 years ago.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
This wouldn't be a good thread if someone didn't completely change the subject or give you an answer to question you didn't ask lol.

I absolutely can't complain about the f150's that my work buys for me.... I used to get diesel 3/4 tons but when I promoted I started getting half tons... first was a 16 with the eco boost v6.... had that one for about 5 years and 130k miles.... about 50% on very rough dirt grading jobs.... lots of 4x4 time. Only issue that truck had was the ac crapped out around 100,000 but to be fair my truck runs about 12 hours a day regardless if I'm driving or not.... it's basically my office and I'm 100% in the field all day every day..... so bad our mechanics had me start getting my oil changes based on hours instead of miles.

New one is a 21 4 door 4x4 with the same v6 eco boost.... only about 15k on this one but so far so good. Only thing I don't like which probably goes for all new cars is the extra collision avoidance crap.... when you're off road all the time it's always trying to do the thinking for you..... this one, if you are backing up in tall grass it thinks you are going to back into something and locks up the brakes.... will definitely spill your coffee if you aren't ready for it.

The other thing you can't help but notice , at least around here is that almost every big fleet of work trucks is almost always Ford.... you'll here all kinds of reasons why but companies are in business to make money.... we have something like 400 trucks in our fleet and they are all Fords. Good luck.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That is actually a pretty fugging good recap of new trucks in 2022.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Tundra Payload is greater than the Silverado. It is closer to 3/4 ton than 1/2 ton. The Tundra is simple and reliable.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Here's my '03 Lexus LX 470 computer reading..not towing

AC on........86*....heavy SUV pushing 7K#

Driving like I didn't steal it

4.7L Toyota was prior to to the newer 5.7L

Both good engines

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Jesus gramps 44 mph.. I hope you would get better that 17 mpg driving that slow..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bought a Tundra crewmax in 2008.

Wanted a new truck in 2017 after 200,000 miles.

Test drove a Chevy 1500 crew cab. It drove like a big fat car. And the rear headrest would not stay up if you pushed back with your head at all letting your head hit the rear glass. I haul people back there.

Bought a 2017 Tundra Crewmax. Happy with it. It feels like a truck. Not a big fat car.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wow! What an observation!

One thing you can count on at the Campfire is lots of opinions with no experience. This observation is as worthless as the guys that think they need to weigh their powder charges, clean primer pockets, seat primers with a hand primer, anneal cases and all the other ridiculous comments that appear here on a regular basis…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I like the Tundras, on my third ('05 with 4.7L, '13 with 4.6L, now a '20 with 5.7L). Have towed up to about 8000 lbs with the new truck (2100lb dump trailer with 3 tons crushed stone), handled it fine. Gas mileage not great, newest with the 5.7 worst of the bunch.

BUT, no way I'd buy a 2022 with the new engine. Let somebody else work the bugs out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not related to the OP but....

I expected schit gas mileage with my 2000 Tundra I bought last year.

If I drive like an old man, keeping it at 70 on the interstate, I get 18.4 mpg consistently.

My MDX gets 17.9 regardless of whether I'm doing 70 or 85 but it also takes premium gas

So I drive the Tundra now and park that MDX.

If the car market wasn't so messed up I'd sell that MDX and get a 4 cyl Camry.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel

One thing you can count on at the Campfire is lots of opinions with no experience. This observation is as worthless as the guys that think they need to weigh their powder charges, clean primer pockets, seat primers with a hand primer, anneal cases and all the other ridiculous comments that appear here on a regular basis…

The campfire is basically bacon. 70% fat and salty.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Teal

OK guys... point a fella in the direction of a solid and reliable $35k or less 4wd 1/2 ton pick-up that can be bought with cash money this week...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing

OK guys... point a fella in the direction of a solid and reliable $35k or less 4wd 1/2 ton pick-up that can be bought with cash money this week...

1 dealer - down the road from me

Cheby
Dodge
Ford
Top 3 brands - 1 spot.

Another dealer - shows 26 trucks, sub 35k

Different Dealer - 29 trucks.

220 of them at Carvana - they deliver to your house.

Those are within easy driving distance. Not counting private sellers on Craig's or Facebook marketplace.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That is actually a pretty fugging good recap of new trucks in 2022.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA
Has Toyota started putting turbo's in their Tundras?

Caught a few youtube videos where people are dogging the new Tundras

Appears Toyota ditched their 5.7 V8 for a V6 twin turbo engine in '22. Guess I'll keep my '13.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My last 5 trucks have been Chevys

Can't get a 1500 THAT i WANT but can get a Dodge Ram 1500

Haven't driven one yet but any opinions on Silverado vs Ram?

"an armed society is a polite society"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
My last 5 trucks have been Chevys

Can't get a 1500 THAT i WANT but can get a Dodge Ram 1500

Haven't driven one yet but any opinions on Silverado vs Ram?

Brother had a Chev, father currently has a Ram - no major differences. They both go down the road, haul dead critters etc. I will say that the Chev seemed to have an interior I prefer over the Dodge - I just don't like the dial transmission selector, tho I have one myself.

Full disclosure - I'm not uber picky about "options" - all I really want and need is 4wd, a color other than black, blutooth connectivity and the usual AC/cruise control. That's it. If I can't get it done with that - it's not getting done.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What you want and what is available has nothing to do with the quality of a new pickup. Granted, they are not priced as they were 10 years ago, but show me something that is.

Every generation of truck buyers thought the trucks were too expensive even when they were $4,000.00.

If you don’t want to pay for a new truck, you don’t have to. The automotive industry isn’t going out of business soon, so someone is buying new trucks. Someone has to buy a new truck, so you can buy it used later. If it isn’t working out for you, it isn’t the automotive industry’s fault, it is a consequence of the consumer and how he buys a truck.

If it was easy, every toothless redneck would be driving one, but you can be sure, they are getting their share too…

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1Longbow, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,155
Posts18,502,930
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.