Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
OK guys... point a fella in the direction of a solid and reliable $35k or less 4wd 1/2 ton pick-up that can be bought with cash money this week...

Originally Posted by Teal
1 dealer - down the road from me

Cheby
Dodge
Ford
Top 3 brands - 1 spot.

Another dealer - shows 26 trucks, sub 35k

Different Dealer - 29 trucks.

220 of them at Carvana - they deliver to your house.

Those are within easy driving distance. Not counting private sellers on Craig's or Facebook marketplace.

My bad... I meant to say NEW $35k or less 4wd 1/2 ton pick-up that can be bought with cash money this week...

Last edited by CashisKing; 07/11/22. Reason: My bad... gots the quotes wrong...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by KFWA
Has Toyota started putting turbo's in their Tundras?

Caught a few youtube videos where people are dogging the new Tundras

Appears Toyota ditched their 5.7 V8 for a V6 twin turbo engine in '22. Guess I'll keep my '13.

quite a few people out there saying don't buy them.

the good news is for me when I'm ready to buy one 15 years from now, I'll know what is wrong with them.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They all suck. Especially right now.

Wow! What an observation!

One thing you can count on at the Campfire is lots of opinions with no experience. This observation is as worthless as the guys that think they need to weigh their powder charges, clean primer pockets, seat primers with a hand primer, anneal cases and all the other ridiculous comments that appear here on a regular basis…

The campfire is basically bacon. 70% fat and salty.

OK guys... point a fella in the direction of a solid and reliable $35k or less 4wd 1/2 ton pick-up that can be bought with cash money this week...

What you want and what is available has nothing to do with the quality of a new pickup. Granted, they are not priced as they were 10 years ago, but show me something that is.

Every generation of truck buyers thought the trucks were too expensive even when they were $4,000.00.

If you don’t want to pay for a new truck, you don’t have to. The automotive industry isn’t going out of business soon, so someone is buying new trucks. Someone has to buy a new truck, so you can buy it used later. If it isn’t working out for you, it isn’t the automotive industry’s fault, it is a consequence of the consumer and how he buys a truck.

If it was easy, every toothless redneck would be driving one, but you can be sure, they are getting their share too…

Got it... $100k truck is the new normal.

So be it...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by KFWA
Has Toyota started putting turbo's in their Tundras?

Caught a few youtube videos where people are dogging the new Tundras

Appears Toyota ditched their 5.7 V8 for a V6 twin turbo engine in '22. Guess I'll keep my '13.

good idea

Morning all

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Cheby
Dodge
Ford
Top 3 brands - 1 spot.

Those are within easy driving distance. Not counting private sellers on Craig's or Facebook marketplace.

My bad... I meant to say NEW $35k or less 4wd 1/2 ton pick-up that can be bought with cash money this week...

Lol - all new trucks should be considered "solid and reliable" - adding that modifier made me think you were looking used. As most would be given the other parameters. New - it doesn't exist but it is obvious you CAN get what you want at the price you want. That Chevy has all of 34k miles on it. Hardly used up and fits the bill.

Me

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Cheby
Dodge
Ford
Top 3 brands - 1 spot.

While it isn't a full-size, the Tacoma is technically a 1/2 ton and can be had for that price.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The automotive industry isn’t going out of business soon...

Maybe... maybe not...

Loosing 50% of your Market Cap in 6 month ain't good...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just sold my F150 5.0 and bought a Silverado 1500 with the 2.7 turbo, I drove it home from Michigan (bought it from a family member) and averaged 26 mpg. I don't have anything to tow anymore and the 2.7 has plenty of power for what I need and the improved MPG is much appreciated. I did drive a new 2022 Tundra and would have bought one but they were hard to find in the mid-level packages and if I was going to pay $60k, I would just get another F150. The Tundra was very nice, more car like than a truck, smooth ride and nice interior, the 3.5 turbo had plenty of power but the MPG is ok at best. The only thing I really didn't like was the view of the hood from the drivers seat, it kind of came to a point in the middle and just looked odd to me, I'm sure I would have gotten used to it in time. For a daily commuter and weekend hunting/fishing/project hauling truck, it would be fine but for the same money, I'd take a F150 with a 2.7. I got a great deal on my Silverado but if I were paying $60, I'd still choose the F150. I did actually order (and cancel due to delay) a F150, 4WD Lariat for $56k which was the best deal I could find.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
While it isn't a full-size, the Tacoma is technically a 1/2 ton and can be had for that price.[/quote]

Tacoma went to crap after those turds put V-6's auto trannies in them to make yuppy a-holes happy. With a 2.7 l 4cyl and a 5 spd you have a neat little truck that goes anywhere dirt cheap on gas and a engine drive train that outlasts the body. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Lol - all new trucks should be considered "solid and reliable" - adding that modifier made me think you were looking used.

NEW Ford 6.0s and 6.4s leaving the lot were "solid and reliable"?

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tylerw02
While it isn't a full-size, the Tacoma is technically a 1/2 ton and can be had for that price.

Yes... but they are damn rare as base models... damn rare...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lol - all new trucks should be considered "solid and reliable" - adding that modifier made me think you were looking used.

NEW Ford 6.0s and 6.4s leaving the lot were "solid and reliable"?

For quite a few people - yes they were. For quite a few people - they weren't but only an intellectually dishonest person would equate issues with a 3/4 ton diesel when talking about the ability to get a 1/2 ton at a cheap price.

Me

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Have you guys talked to the warranty department?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Here's 2 - 30 miles down the road.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
I never owned one, but my buddies Tundra falls on it's face when pulling an ATV trailer. My wife's Jeep will out run it with the same weight and a V6.
I call bullshit. I have a 2015 Tundra that has been from Wisconsin to Texas twice hauling a Polaris Ranger and another quad. Also all around the state and hauling a camper. No issues at all and plenty of power to spare. Yeah my buddies Jeep Cherokee is such a beast...lol when its not in the shop..lmao

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They all suck. Especially right now.

That is actually a pretty fugging good recap of new trucks in 2022.

"Solid and reliable" came from the exchange above...

Shrapnel commented regarding big $$$ diesels (he has a beautiful new rig per previously posted pics).

... only an intellectually dishonest person would equate issues with a 3/4 ton diesel when talking about the ability to get a 1/2 ton at a cheap price.

My point is... and remains... 2022 trucks in the "affordable range" suck...

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Have you guys talked to the warranty department?

Yepp... 2022 Tundra specifically...

Be careful... even Toyota

I don't trust anything new (truck wise) at this time...

Last edited by CashisKing; 07/11/22. Reason: Truck Wise added...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Here's 2 - 30 miles down the road.

You posted 300+ used trucks under $35k... and two new Tacos...

Base model Tacos are DAMN RARE...

The new truck world of 2022 and 2023 sucks... per the OP.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings
I own a Toyota Tundra and a GMC Sierra, both with small V8 engines. Get the GMC/Chevrolet. My GMC gets twice the gas mileage the Tundra does and is a better truck for towing. The newer Tundra has that awful cannister oil filter instead of the spin on.
My 15 Tundra has the canister as well and it is a bit of a PITA but not horrible.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
may i add this about brand of trucks 3/4 and 1 tons and yes i know they are not 1/2 ton trucks but i wanted to mention this because of brand reliability . i have worked in the past on fires out in forests ,swamps where ever we were needed when we are on fire call. we use heavy J8 Bombadiers that carry 500 gallons of water and we keep them full of water thru both fire seasons spring and fall. we have 3 - J8 Bombadiers ready to go on 5th wheel trailers hook up to heavyy 3/4 or 1 ton trucks. to be honest the Chevrolet dura-max diesels with the Allison transmission have been the most trouble free compared to Ford and Dodge always . yes the Chevrolet may not look as tough as the other two brands but it is a heck of alot more reliable season after season on fire calls. we go to areas that most people have never seen or been in we sometimes work all night long and we need a truck that has no problems to get back home.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 with 103,000 and it’s had zero issues. Gas mileage went down when I leveled the truck and put bigger tires on it.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 34 invisible), 3,029 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,619
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.