Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
agazain Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
I’d like to recommend you immediately watch “Eating Our Way to Extinction”, available on Amazon Prime Video, voiced by Kate Winslet. Who is telling us this alarming information? (I’m chiming in, agreeing with notables like Tony Robbins, Sir Richard Branson and the various presenters. See clarifying comments below, please.)

First of all, it’s NOT a hit piece, more like Upton Sinclair’s exposure of the Chicago meat-packing industry pre-USDA, etc. (“The Jungle”). Responsibly raised food differs entirely from how Big Food does it. Water and trees are under threat, but not due to raising animals and crops the old-fashioned way. Rather, the threat of modern animal agriculture arises from growing feed, on formerly forested land, with pesticides and flown-on fertilizer to intensively farm beef/pork/chicken/fish, using corn and soya in place of open range land, releasing huge quantities of methane, carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide. Industrial pollution has far less effect, yet blame focuses there.
Using massive water quantities to grow our desired foods, water tables are being depleted, and run-off winds up in the oceans, leaving dead zones releasing even more of these “greenhouse gases” warming the globe. Rainfall cannot make up freshwater’s deficit. Changing weather patterns demonstrate, nature is no longer in balance.

Concurrently, fishing nets and equipment lost and discarded account for 80% of micro-plastics polluting the entire global fisheries, killing marine animals indiscriminately. Drinking straws and used water bottles form only a small part of this problem! From the tiniest marine organisms, up through the food change, micro-plastics find their way into seafood we put into our own bodies. This can’t be positive.

It hurt my heart to find out Norway and Scotland are farming fish in terrible conditions, requiring the same intense level of chemical and anti-biotic use as animal agriculture on land. Mercury and harmful fish oil/fats, from ocean-sourced feed stripped from nature, accumulates in confined salmon and trout, fed upon intensely by sea lice that have to be chemically cleansed with hydrogen peroxide and formalin before processing. Intensive aquaculture produces more greenhouse gases than similar land-based farming practices! Add toxic pesticides accumulating in fish flesh, and people sicken trying to eat healthy!

Secondly, I hunt, eat meat and fish myself. Vegetables rate high with me as well, though vegetarian/vegan diets seem not to fill me up. Way too much starch!

Finally, the guy asking you to watch “Eating Our Way to Extinction” (me) is –

A Wildlife & Fisheries guy, with a BS Degree in Aquaculture and some practical experience at a Texas fish farm, specializing in multi-species fingerling production for stocking privately held waters, sportfishing and brooding lakes maintenance. We did not focus on food fish production.

A Texas deer hunter, with limited African safari experiences in South Africa.
A tree hugger, but only to determine which way to safely “fall” a tree.

A practicing Christian, viewing Earth as “My Father’s World”, like the hymn says, in a way that is global and not exclusively North American.

I am not a “Save the Whales”, “Meat is Murder”, “COEXIST” type at all. (More likely to have a bumper sticker saying, “Imagine Whirled Peas” than “Ban All Nukes!”) I want to protect wildlife and fisheries, preserving the oceans and forests just like you. As a hunter and fisherperson, I know that habitat loss to the plow and agricultural poisoning of waterways are our mutual enemies. Further loss means nobody survives.

Along with stripped rain forests, habitat loss now includes new, massive hydroelectric dams planned in Africa. The GERD in Ethiopia, just filled, means electric power for much of East Africa. It may actually serve to conserve water. Yay! The Greater Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, though able to hold the entire Blue Nile annual rainfall reaching Lake Tana, will extend the life of downstream dams in Egypt and Sudan by silting in at higher level, reducing evaporation loss. Much of that annual component will continue towards the White Nile as in the past.

And, Tanzania wants to build a dam that will take over half the Selous, the largest game reserve in Africa. Millions more people want what Europe and the Americas already enjoy, using previously deforested land. Ethiopia has approaching 100 million humans within her borders! Guess who wants a steady supply of meat, fish, eggs and dairy, too? China already built their own massive dams years ago.

Whales are great! Do you know sperm whales supplement the open ocean’s iron content? Prior to diving miles down to feed on iron-rich giant squid each night, they evacuate their bowels from the previous day, in spectacular fashion. Gives new meaning to the phrase; “Well that blows!” (Maybe you’ve seen a great white shark do it on YouTube? Imagine what it is like when a blue whale “blows”!!! God is great!) I agree, they do need saving. And, that information is courtesy of Hugh Ross. See pp.66-68 in “Hidden Treasure in the Book of Job” (Baker Books 2011.)

We love good venison/game meat and appreciate responsibly raised food. Nobody knows meat like South Africans. Okay, maybe we better include Argentinians. Blesbok backstrap braai’d by Gerald at Blkz, Mama Trinette’s venison pie, gemsbok stroganoff and eland smothered steak rank with a Killan’s wet-aged New York strip steak. No, better! Cowboys preferred to eat longhorn steers fed on open range grasses and brush. Livestock raised in confined space, often in darkness cannot taste as good!

Fruit likewise tastes better if allowed to ripen in sunlight, instead of being picked green and shipped to storage in containers under nitrogen. Ever eat non-store peaches, hand-picked in Fredericksburg? Awesome! Jaffa oranges from Israel? Oy, vey!

Land requires value to preserve it, which ethical sportsmen and women bring via hunting and fishing dollars/Euros/etc. My spouse, Pamela, is an enthusiastic huntress! Want to save the planet? Get off the back of sportsmen and women paying the way. If the forests, lakes, streams and oceans go due to animal agriculture, the planet dies.

This is new information in “Extinction”, not Greenpeace, PETA or the ASPCA pleading for funds. We’re not talking about the UN taxing cow farts to stop global warming. America isn’t singled out for blame, nor is industrial air pollution assigned the worst role as media often portrays it. Rather, the reason whales, fish and our forests and oceans are doomed is due to the way foods demanded by a growing urban population are being grown globally. Please consider watching the program.
Perhaps a switch to plant-based agriculture solves the problems animal agriculture causes, but I think most people prefer affordable meat, dairy and eggs.

A
agazain Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
The above was excerpted from a document of mine, WONDERFUL WATER, to post at Accuratereloading. 24hourcampfire is a bit more open than AR,to spiritual discussion. I'll cut/paste/add from a second document I wrote, WATER IS WONDERFUL (But the Black Horse Rides) for your further information. Thanks, BARRY!

Last edited by agazain; 07/11/22.
A
agazain Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
THE BLACK HORSE RIDES

Let me start this section by saying; “It’s not the data, but the assigned meaning which affects us.” In other words, we interpret the data of what’s happening around us and decide what must happen, based on what we think it means. This goes to power and who is in control of information. If media centers attention away from the true source of a problem, driven by lobbyists affecting public perspective, their interpretation prevails. The meaning assigned to global warming data feeds their agenda, instead of acting to protect the public. Who or what is driving the people in control of our lives? Answers there occasion the next paragraphs.

A traditional view, under which I was raised, looks to the end of days as described by Billy Graham’s “Approaching Hoofbeats,” or his updated “Storm Warning” edition. The four horsemen of the apocalypse, seen in the Bible book, “The Revelation” (of Jesus Christ, by the way), assigns white, red, black and pale green colors to the horses ridden. Curiously, Revelation 6:1-8 parallels Zechariah 6:1-8 in describing colored chariots with spirits dispatched to do the LORD’s bidding. And, they are oriented, in directions related to Israel, to exert their respective influences. The white chariot/spirit goes West. The red chariot/spirit (by exclusion) goes East. The black chariot/spirit goes to Israel’s North, strangely comforting God for a time. The last chariot/spirit is pale grey or dappled, but heads South towards Arabia. Hmmmm.

What we often see in scripture are repeated patterns. Paul the Apostle, writing the first New Covenant book to the church at Thessaloniki in Greece (1 Thessalonians) addresses a fear they had that the return of Jesus had already occurred. His response said, basically, “It doesn’t fit the pattern.” It was seen before with Antiochus Epiphanes IV, before Jesus’ time – Hanukkah and the Maccabees, etc. Another Roman emperor (Vespasian or his son Titus) likely also sacrificed a pig on the Temple’s altar (70 AD) without causing Messiah’s return. Therefore, Jesus’ return couldn’t have happened without another Mr. Big Mouth showing up and claiming to be God, according to the pattern given to Daniel in long ago Babylon.

This white, red, black then pale green horse pattern, along with the actions of each successive rider described in Revelation 6, can be shown, in that order, to have occurred in Islam’s spread. Following “the Prophet”/Muhammed, three caliphs [Abu Bakr was caliph from 632 to 634 AD, Umar from 634 to 644 AD, and Uthman from 644 to 656 AD] inherited leadership and expanded influence in the new religion, until Islam became finally established under Ubd al-Malik [who built the Dome of the Rock where it sits in Jerusalem/al Kuds next to the al-Aqsa Mosque.] Each lead in ways consistent with the behavior and effects of the horse-rider pairs in chapter 6. And, Islamic national flags feature all four colors. Double hmmmm…

I’m keying on people who either act like, or are doing the bidding of the respective colored horse/spirit/rulers in the pattern. Who might “the black horse people” be? Well, who has financed an unending progression of wars affecting Israel and the world around her? Include Stalin, Hitler, Napoleon, Swedish aggressors and other Viking types. (You’re getting the picture.) Who cares nothing for people, but wants commerce protected? Are those people in nations North of Israel, and did some of them, for a time, take the Reformation seriously? Are they right now deciding who gets Ukraine’s wheat and who can go ahead and die? Do they have an agenda that treats people as their cash cow? And, are those billions being controlled via Big Everything [Food/Pharma/Insurance/Banks] right now? Yes, right through history to the present.

I started to perceive this pattern at the onset of CV-19, where I began talking about “The Black Horse.” The documentary confirms it for me. Why are so many of us overweight, diabetic, mentally ill, violent and angry in extreme ways? Is it only sin? Ten or so trans-national corporations control how food is grown and supplied to an increasingly urban population, in ways toxic to the planet. We eat their food, get sick and need their medicine, work for companies that have “health insurance”/benefits, earning “money” that is in all practicality an electronic number.

Sound over-played to you? Guys my age, think about who we considered “stacked” in the 80’s. Compare their photo to what’s flashing on Tic Toc nowadays and tell me transitioning to franchised food had only slight effect. Ladies, check Hank Williams Sr photos and tell me he’s not skeletal. He died at 26! James Dean at 24 looked like a young Hank. On today’s food, wouldn’t the two of them more resemble Hank Williams Jr instead?

As long as we don’t cost them too much money, like people with “prior conditions” a good pandemic can weed out, all is well? Until the planet dies. They join with organized crime in controlling good sand for concrete buildings and all those glass windows, along with good water already captured to bottle drinks containing high fructose corn syrup.

Cultural Marxism has almost completed the job set out by failed Communists, in 1938, to subvert traditional American and Judeo-Christian family values, paving the way for “the new man” to evolve politically. “Red horse people” surround America, with Brazil the only hold-out. Do we believe the Biden administration and Democrats/Progressives are stupid people doing stupid things? I believe their actions are intentional, to lock in what Communists believe must happen in order to bring world peace by economic equity. (Add achieving racial equity to that explosive mix!) In the East, China with Russia, joins India in wanting greater world power.

A re-established Muslim Brotherhood has similarly succeeded in reviving caliphate dreams thwarted by two world wars. That’s the “green horse people” with power over one-quarter Earth’s population, in a culture honoring death.

Church-state European colonizers of the non-Western nations still hold power over billions of souls. “White horse people” have power that is non-military based, over those loyal to popes. (Hey, what if there’s three alive at once? Might happen.)

Which leaves only “the black horse people” to kill their way to position in Revelation 6:5-6. Could they be those who “Eating Our Way to Extinction” exposes? When the four horses finally run together, the end of the world as we know it arrives.

[Comment: after recovering from the CV-19 pandemic, won’t people world-wide either comply with any demands on their financial actions, to never lose what’s been regained, or maybe openly rebel against being locked down again and economically destroyed? What might happen that one last “Mr. Big Mouth”, with a working solution, be gladly granted absolute power?]

Whatever you think is going on, doesn’t there have to be enough left over for the LORD Jesus to fix? I hear those “approaching hoofbeats”, and think they’ve been riding separately, but successively for a long time. Surely full repentance would bring a delay in God’s actions against evil. Big Everything controls good water, good sand, good land and all in the name of total control of their cattle, us. Aren’t they starting to cull the herd? The Georgia Guidelines monument/ ”American Stonehenge” said only 500,000,000 humans are needed to have a good planet. Triple hmmmm…

Looks to me like the events of Revelation 6 are now scheduled. Revelation chapters 8 (and 15? 16?) make me doubt the “black horse people” relent. Maybe repentance on a massive scale will delay what scripture says is inevitable. Could plant-based agriculture and traditional animal agriculture save the planet? Will Earth’s population change their food choices? You know, the ones so heavily advertised to, by trans-national companies subsidized through controlled government and the UN?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Seek professional advice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"not a hit piece"

Nothing like starting out with a big, fat, blatant lie.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You’re admitting to writing this??? Quote “Whales are great! Do you know sperm whales supplement the open ocean’s iron content? “
Along with the rest of it???

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
What's all this shīt?

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bizarre schitt…In your first paragraph you give props to Tony Robbins and Richard Branson….

Two of the best used car/snake oil salesmen in the world…

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, I was wondering how this would go over.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What's all this shīt?

Globalist propaganda…

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, I was wondering how this would go over.......

No you weren't. smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Agazain,

Were you born on the west coast ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Fisherperson? Dead give away!

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Carpal tunnel yet....?? GEEZUS!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
your words:

"Responsibly raised food differs entirely from how Big Food does it. Water and trees are under threat, but not due to raising animals and crops the old-fashioned way. Rather, the threat of modern animal agriculture arises from growing feed, on formerly forested land, with pesticides and flown-on fertilizer to intensively farm beef/pork/chicken/fish, using corn and soya in place of open range land, releasing huge quantities of methane, carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide."

My questions:

So who is "Big Food"?
Incorporated Farms?
A farm growing 200,000 chickens per year?
A farm with 200 head of cattle per year?

My observation:
First, anytime you come out of the chute with "it is not a hit piece" - well, you know it is a hit piece.
America feeds the world. Fine with me if proposed changes stop that practice. However, do not say it is for the good of civilization to do so.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Lost me at Kate Winslet.

Sorry.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's pretty clear, Burn the cities!!! grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Netherlands (Holland) is the 3rd largest exporter of food in the world. They raise vegetables in greenhouses all over their country now. They export to the rest of Europe. If America did the same it would take up far less space for the same annual production.

I read where a farmer in the midwest built a 10 acre greenhouse and produced the same amount of a certain vegetable he was raising on 100 acres. He converted the remaining 90 acres to pasture and raised cattle. He made more money than before. Instead of producing all at once and having to hire 20 migrants to harvest his crop, his greenhouse only required 3 people to operate it annually producing a harvest daily, which was sold to local grocery stores.

Greenhouses are the answer for vegetables, taking up less farmland, and virtually no pesticides in the enclosed greenhouse. The farmer above had a tradeoff. He used more power with LED growlights, and a continuous slow moving conveyor belt. The cost of the power was offset by not using pesticides, or fertilizers. He used cow manure from his cattle raising for the natural fertilizer. He didn't need his tractor nor the fuel it burned. He fed his cattle in one place during the winter so he could scoop up the cow manure and pile it up to go through a heat cycle before mixing it into his plant pallets he used for growing vegetables.

Greenhouses could be used for almost every vegetable we grow, except corn, wheat, and rice.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Bizarre schitt…In your first paragraph you give props to Tony Robbins and Richard Branson….

Two of the best used car/snake oil salesmen in the world…

Anyone who gives Tony Robbins props is a first class idiot and sheep!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Lost me at Kate Winslet.

Sorry.

I was just going to say that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 1941USMC, 50 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,647
Posts18,493,344
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.