Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by kingston
Burnsy's got a hard-on for Physicists. It's hilarious.

Not all of them.

Just the ones that don't know that laminar flow does not happen in terminal bullet performance. EVER.

Turbulent flow does happen in terminal bullet performance every single time.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
In the first case, the mechanism by which FMJ bullets damage tissue is by de-stabilizing and tumbling. I haven't calculated the destabilization of the bullet due to the laminar drag of the tissue, but I suspect chaotic behaviour, so the effect of increased rotational speed isn't clear to me.

He is litterally spouting pure Bull Schitt.

Just sayin.
Wrong again, not that I would expect anything different.

Keep pretending with Wikipedia as your guide, and talking about things you neither know nor understand. Your ankle-biting is becoming extremely predictable.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Not all of them.

Just the ones that don't know that laminar flow does not happen in terminal bullet performance. EVER.

In the first case, the mechanism by which FMJ bullets damage tissue is by de-stabilizing and tumbling. I haven't calculated the destabilization of the bullet due to the laminar drag of the tissue, but I suspect chaotic behaviour, so the effect of increased rotational speed isn't clear to me.

Just sayin.

Whoa, slow down there, I'm still studying your earlier treatise on the economics of nuclear fission.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not all of them.

Just sayin.
Whoa, slow down there, I'm still studying your earlier treatise on the economics of nuclear fission.

Don't forget I included Fusion.

Wrong again, not that I would expect anything different.

Keep pretending with Wikipedia as your guide, and talking about things you neither know nor understand. Your ankle-biting is becoming extremely predictable.

I haven't calculated the destabilization of the bullet due to the laminar drag of the tissue, but I suspect chaotic behaviour, so the effect of increased rotational speed isn't clear to me.

Feel free to explain to the class about laminar drag forces in tissue and how such laminar drag would styme your calculations.

If you have time explain how any laminar flow is "chaotic" when the defintion of laminar flow is a lack of chaos.

As I posted earlier it might be a better if we all kept to real world results and skipped the PHD guessing.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Your be waaaaaay better off taking notes than flipping your lip. ๐Ÿ‘

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, Iโ€™d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ainโ€™t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Great posts Dwayne, I remember reading and rereading that post.

And yeah, my affliction with twist came from Bob as well. It worked for him. Works well for me too.

Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Feel free to explain to the class about laminar drag forces in tissue and how such laminar drag would styme your calculations.

If you have time explain how any laminar flow is "chaotic" when the defintion of laminar flow is a lack of chaos.

As I posted earlier it might be a better if we all kept to real world results and skipped the PHD guessing.
Everything in your post is wrong. I said nothing about "stymying" my calculations, I said I hadn't done any on that particular quantity. I also never said anything about chaotic behaviour of the fluid flow (English is hard. I get it. But the sentence was about the chaotic behaviour of the bullet).

It's your typical MO or gaslighting and twisting the truth to suit your agenda. It's a waste of time to try and teach someone who can't be taught. But I will give you a hint. You might want to re-think this statement:

laminar flow does not happen in terminal bullet performance. EVER.

You're right, it might be better if we all kept to the real world. Perhaps it would be better for you to stick to acting like an ankle-biting troll, instead of acting like a pretend physicist. But as usual, you'll carry on with this instead of doing something useful and meaningful. It's not a good use of my time to continue, so enjoy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Everything in your post is wrong. I said nothing about "stymying" my calculations, I said I hadn't done any on that particular quantity. I also never said anything about chaotic behaviour of the fluid flow (English is hard. I get it. But the sentence was about the chaotic behaviour of the bullet).

It's your typical MO or gaslighting and twisting the truth to suit your agenda. It's a waste of time to try and teach someone who can't be taught. But I will give you a hint. You might want to re-think this statement:

laminar flow does not happen in terminal bullet performance. EVER.

You're right, it might be better if we all kept to the real world. Perhaps it would be better for you to stick to acting like an ankle-biting troll, instead of acting like a pretend physicist. But as usual, you'll carry on with this instead of doing something useful and meaningful. It's not a good use of my time to continue, so enjoy.

LOL.

Word Salad.

I haven't calculated the destabilization of the bullet due to the laminar drag of the tissue, but I suspect chaotic behaviour, so the effect of increased rotational speed isn't clear to me.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Judman

Your be waaaaaay better off taking notes than flipping your lip. ๐Ÿ‘

Setting aside any concerns for sounding too Burnsey, I'm one of those people who didn't have to take notes.

LOL

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 270wsmnutt, 1badf350, 2ndwind, 53 invisible), 1,946 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,029
Posts18,520,914
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.