-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Why does Russia not find this important?

Is either side “ winning?”

If so how?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

GB4

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Both sides are busy killing each other and we get to test some new technology in a hot zone, so not exactly a win, but better than nothing.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
so remember how much bullshit the media told about covid? remember how they said the election didn't have issues. yeah umm how can you believe them on ukraine? you can't Russia is doing what it wants to and intended to do. ukraine is a deep state grift. for the real news there, follow these guys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess who just bought one from the pUkes and gifted it to Uncle Vlad? 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxBeblsak5WvYpRChj2KR4P_pAhzbmsMPT

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seems odd to me.

When the good ol USA ( I know U Putin ball sniffers hate her)

Wants to set things straight in her opinion.……As in Impose her will.

She ( I don’t say we….cuz I question how many true Americans are reading this post) absolutely rules the air before artillery/ cav/ infantry enters the theater.

Will Russia prove more economical/ efficient in not using this tactic?

Last edited by Angus1895; 07/12/22.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Seems odd to me.

When the good ol USA ( I know U Putin ball sniffers hate her)

Wants to set things straight in her opinion.……As in Impose her will.

She ( I don’t say we….cuz I question how many true Americans are reading this post) absolutely rules the air before artillery/ cav/ infantry enters the theater.

The Biden deep throaters sure seem upset Putin is killing Biden, Pelosisi , Kerry , Obama source of grift ( is tax dollars laundered in Ukraine)

Lol

How many choppers, aircraft does Russia put up in the air every day. How about comment on their air defense systems that are destroying the US and Turkey drones now by the dozens

Last edited by ribka; 07/12/22.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Do you think Russia fears NATO if too many aircraft are committed.?

I really ain’t interested in degrading a politician…..heck by definition they are not desirable.

But I was just interested in why the Putin The Great is taking so freaking long to impose his will.

Obviously he should be the Grand Poohbah of the Universe.

Just can’t savy his genius.

I wish he would cuddle me.

Last edited by Angus1895; 07/12/22.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I really ain’t interested in degrading a politician…..heck by definition they are not desirable.

But I was just interested in why the Putin The Great is taking so freaking long to impose his will.

You'd have to spit out Zalensky's penis first. Doubt they'd both fit in your chair with you.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Putin is begging Iran for UAVs.

Russia Air Force is a paper tiger with few teeth.

ISW's assessments have stood the test of time.

ISW Assesssment today

Key Takeaways

The Kremlin is reportedly sourcing Iranian UAVs likely to improve Russian aerial reconnaissance and indirect fire accuracy in Ukraine.

Russian forces conducted limited and unsuccessful ground assaults north of Slovyansk and east of Siversk.

Russian forces continued air and artillery strikes around Bakhmut and Avdiivka.

Russian forces conducted multiple unsuccessful ground assaults north of Kharkiv City.

Russian forces likely conducted a false-flag attack on the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant in occupied Enerhodar, Zaporizhia Oblast.

Russian and Ukrainian sources reported that Ukrainian strikes killed multiple Russian officers in Kherson City on July 10.

Ukrainian forces continued to strike Russian ammunition depots on the Southern Axis.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ukraine is just a huge money laundering operation in the areas that aren't under attack.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reivertom
Ukraine is just a huge money laundering operation in the areas that aren't under attack.

Hola, amigo!!!

(Wait, that's not a slavic language...)

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How i see it:

Seems russia has all it’s eggs in one basket: intimidation. Militarily, via advertising the possession of a handful of (supposedly) indefensible- against nuclear technologies. They’ve been boasting of these in development for years prior to the second ukraine operation.

Meanwhile, their conventional air/sea/ land forces are hollowed-out and second rate by tech, third rate by organization, with air power being perhaps the highest cost to maintain useful numbers at cutting edge of the lot. But all of it is expensive to maintain, particularly the human training element. By comparison, saber rattling a “few” 5th gen nuclear technologies - not so expensive.

Now, are said intimidating technologies REAL, real but over-stated (degree?), or it’s utter bullchit - that is the gambit being leveraged, for lack of a dominant conventional force. Russia gambled that, given finite resources, it didn’t “need” to maintain an expensive competent air force if the opponent/allies believe russia holds an ace in the hole come an existential fight. Trouble is, ukraine isn’t an existential conflict for russia, so they’re reduced to struggling and threatening and slogging on with the shabby force they have, and preciously short on air power.

Russian leadership does not place value on human life the same as the west. Never has. Makes conflict an interesting calculus, even with no legitimate air force in play.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

ISW Assesssment today

Key Takeaways

The Kremlin is reportedly sourcing Iranian UAVs likely to improve Russian aerial reconnaissance and indirect fire accuracy in Ukraine.

Russian forces conducted limited and unsuccessful ground assaults north of Slovyansk and east of Siversk.

Russian forces conducted multiple unsuccessful ground assaults north of Kharkiv City.

Russian forces likely conducted a false-flag attack on the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant in occupied Enerhodar, Zaporizhia Oblast.

Russian and Ukrainian sources reported that Ukrainian strikes killed multiple Russian officers in Kherson City on July 10.

Ukrainian forces continued to strike Russian ammunition depots on the Southern Axis.
Reading that you'd think Russia was losing. But every time I check out the status, it shows Russia gaining more ground.

From what I understand, neither side has real air superiority due to the AA defense systems that both sides possess. These systems have limited the usefulness of drones.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tyrone

ISW Assesssment today

Key Takeaways

Reading that you'd think Russia was losing. But every time I check out the status, it shows Russia gaining more ground.

From what I understand, neither side has real air superiority due to the AA defense systems that both sides possess. These systems have limited the usefulness of drones.

They're gaining ground - just I've been surprised at how long its taking them to do so. I'd think, to be considered a peer of the US (militarily) they'd be damn near done a while ago already. It's not that they're losing, it's how long they're taking that is curious and says quite a bit, IMO.

Me

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Teal

ISW Assesssment today

Key Takeaways

They're gaining ground - just I've been surprised at how long its taking them to do so. I'd think, to be considered a peer of the US (militarily) they'd be damn near done a while ago already. It's not that they're losing, it's how long they're taking that is curious and says quite a bit, IMO.

Well, what are they trying to do? If you don’t know, you can’t really evaluate them. If the object is, instead of gaining ground, to draw in your enemy’s combat power in men and material and grind it into the dust so that it cannot be reconstituted, then they are doing a damned good job. When this thing wraps up, the Ukrainians will be utterly defeated and they will know it.

Is it as impressive as our initial lightning campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq? No, but they aren’t going to let Saddam’s military put on civilian clothes and rejoin the fight in a few months either.

Very similar to WW II. It took the Russians three years to regain the territory the Germans took in a few months. But they were killing 10,000 Germans a day, primarily with artillery. When it was done, there was no doubt who won.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Is it as impressive as our initial lightning campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq? No, but they aren’t going to let Saddam’s military put on civilian clothes and rejoin the fight in a few months either.

Very similar to WW II. It took the Russians three years to regain the territory the Germans took in a few months. But they were killing 10,000 Germans a day, primarily with artillery. When it was done, there was no doubt who won.
Can't really compare this to AF or IQ because they didn't have the air defense systems that UK has. And I do not believe Russia has the stealth planes that the US had.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I can't understand why everyone would opine about Russia's tactics. Whatever they are they do seem to be working well. Ukraine is still busy murdering it's own citizens and Russia is still taking ground and grinding the Ukrainian army into mush. The EU has invested heavily in Ukraine's defense and we're going broke both financially and militarily supporting them to no avail.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So the longer the “ Special Operation “ lasts:

Russia gets stronger

NATO gets weaker?

Last edited by Angus1895; 07/13/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It is not looking good for Ukraine. This guy trained Ukrainian troops. He ties the tactical, strategic, geographic and economic pictures together.

Last edited by Tyrone; 07/13/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So the longer the “ Special Operation “ lasts:

Russia gets stronger

NATO gets weaker?
It is not looking good for Ukraine. This guy trained Ukrainian troops. He ties the tactical, strategic, geographic and economic pictures together.

Finnland and Sweden are fast tracked for NATO so it's very far from getting weaker.

Here is that same bald dipschitt expaining why Ukraine would not be getting the HIMARS systems that are currently in Ukraine and devastating Orc logistics and Command and Control.

Is he the dummy that told you Ukraine was about to get "routed"?? crazy

Open source intel sources have track records and sheep that just use their confirmation bias deserve to be fleeced.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1Longbow, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,235 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,926
Posts18,479,807
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.