Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
California won't be around much longer. They're going to run out of water and they're going to run out of energy because of their their stupid "green" laws. All the the people that work and pay taxes will leave because of the high taxes. All that will be left are Communist government leaches and illegal aliens that don't work.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by victoro
California won't be around much longer. They're going to run out of water and they're going to run out of energy because of their their stupid "green" laws. All the the people that work and pay taxes will leave because of the high taxes. All that will be left are Communist government leaches and illegal aliens that don't work.

There will be - 100% guaranteed - a California Bail Out Bill and BOTH sides will agree to it. Billions of everyone else's money spent to prop up the state - pretty much forever.

Me

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by victoro

We have plenty of water here for Dust Control and the Golf courses.

We just do not have water to water our personal plants and to drink.

The Illegals get all the water they want and live here Tax Free they also get Free Food , Free housing and Free Utility's.

I should have been an Illegal where can I sign up.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I know... let's take them to court! That'll fix it!

D
dpd Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Seems like the majority of people in California want this type of tyranny. They had their chance to start making a change by recalling their governor and they chose not to.

Last edited by dpd; 07/12/22.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by dpd
Seems like the majority of people in California want this type of tyranny. They had their chance to start making a change by recalling their governor and they chose not too .

We can not fix things when they are rigged never to be fixed.

We in this Country need to fix the rigged elections or we are doomed.
It may already be to late to be fixed.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Shocked, I say.

The day after the Bruen ruling, California Attorney General Rob Bonta, a Democrat, sent a “legal alert” (pdf) to law enforcement officials, advising them that the state was dropping the requirement for gun license applicants to provide a “good cause” because the requirement is now “unconstitutional and unenforceable.”

I was shocked that he admitted that California's standard was unconstitutional.

But “the requirement that a public-carry license applicant provide proof of ‘good moral character’ remains constitutional” and should continue to be enforced.

A “good moral character” investigation “requires an independent determination,” Bonta wrote.

He pointed to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department policy:

“Legal judgments of good moral character can include consideration of honesty, trustworthiness, diligence, reliability, respect for the law, integrity, candor, discretion, observance of fiduciary duty, respect for the rights of others, absence of hatred and racism, fiscal stability, profession-specific criteria such as pledging to honor the Constitution and uphold the law, and the absence of criminal conviction.”

The paragraph appears as part of Policy 218 of the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Standards Manual (pdf). The sheriff’s department didn’t respond by press time to a request by The Epoch Times for comment on the policy.

Bonta also wrote that authorities “may search publicly available information, including social media accounts, in assessing the applicant’s character.”

Riverside County is supportive of CCW.

Besides, think about those criteria. "honesty, trustworthiness, diligence, reliability, respect for the law, integrity, candor, discretion, observance of fiduciary duty, respect for the rights of others, absence of hatred and racism, fiscal stability, profession-specific criteria such as pledging to honor the Constitution and uphold the law, and the absence of criminal conviction" means no CCW for ANTIFA and the like.

Riverside County is good to go, but the state of California can screw anything up.

Last edited by plumbum; 07/12/22.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
The below is directly from the Court's opinion.
The part in bold trashes the "good moral character" argument.

To be clear, nothing in our analysis should be interpreted to suggest
the unconstitutionality of the 43 States’ “shall-issue” licensing regimes,
under which “a general desire for self-defense is sufficient to obtain a
[permit].” Drake v. Filko, 724 F. 3d 426, 442 (CA3 2013) (Hardiman, J.,
dissenting). Because these licensing regimes do not require applicants
to show an atypical need for armed self-defense, they do not necessarily
prevent “law-abiding, responsible citizens” from exercising their Second
Amendment right to public carry. District of Columbia v. Heller, 554
U. S. 570, 635 (2008). Rather, it appears that these shall-issue regimes,
which often require applicants to undergo a background check or pass a
firearms safety course, are designed to ensure only that those bearing
arms in the jurisdiction are, in fact, “law-abiding, responsible citizens.”
Ibid. And they likewise appear to contain only “narrow, objective, and
definite standards” guiding licensing officials, Shuttlesworth v. Birmingham, 394 U. S. 147, 151 (1969), rather than requiring the “appraisal of
facts, the exercise of judgment, and the formation of an opinion,”
Cantwell v. Connecticut, 310 U. S. 296, 305 (1940)—features that typify
proper-cause standards like New York’s. That said, because any permitting scheme can be put toward abusive ends, we do not rule out constitutional challenges to shall-issue regimes where, for example, lengthy wait
times in processing license applications or exorbitant fees deny ordinary
citizens their right to public carry.[/b][b]

Oh, am I supposed to have some pithy saying here? Sorry, not today.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
That's illegal as hell.

Those are suggestions…local county sheriff gives approval.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by plumbum
“Legal judgments of good moral character can include consideration of honesty, trustworthiness, diligence, reliability, respect for the law, integrity, candor, discretion, observance of fiduciary duty, respect for the rights of others, absence of hatred and racism, fiscal stability, profession-specific criteria such as pledging to honor the Constitution and uphold the law, and the absence of criminal conviction.”

Man, they'd never let me have a gun there!

"good moral character"... pretty subjective.
"honesty"... Ok, I am pretty honest. It's my greatest weakness.
"trustworthiness"... sometimes I am, sometimes I ain't.
"diligence".... diligence in what? How diligent do I have to be???
"reliability".... see "trustworthiness" above.
"respect for the law"... sometimes (increasingly often) the "law" is not worthy of respect.
"integrity"... yeah, I guess.
"candor"... seriously? Nobody likes my candor....
"discretion"... isn't that kind of the opposite of candor?
"observance of fiduciary duty"... I don't even know what the hell that's supposed to mean.
"respect for the rights of others".... well now, that's the real trick there, isn't it. Just exactly what "rights" do I have to respect????
"absence of hatred..." ... I hate an awful lot of things and an awful lot of people.
"..and racism"..... OH NO!!!!! RACISM!!!! The most heinous crime imaginable!!!!!!! Racist people should not be allowed to defend themselves!!
"fiscal stability".... that means poor people do not have the right to defend themselves either.

And if we all pledged to honor the Constitution, we wouldn't have to screw with any of the rest of this crap.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
That's illegal as hell.

Yeah, I guess they're willing to risk a true civil rights violation.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by plumbum

Man, they'd never let me have a gun there!

"good moral character"... pretty subjective.
"honesty"... Ok, I am pretty honest. It's my greatest weakness.
"trustworthiness"... sometimes I am, sometimes I ain't.
"diligence".... diligence in what? How diligent do I have to be???
"reliability".... see "trustworthiness" above.
"respect for the law"... sometimes (increasingly often) the "law" is not worthy of respect.
"integrity"... yeah, I guess.
"candor"... seriously? Nobody likes my candor....
"discretion"... isn't that kind of the opposite of candor?
"observance of fiduciary duty"... I don't even know what the hell that's supposed to mean.
"respect for the rights of others".... well now, that's the real trick there, isn't it. Just exactly what "rights" do I have to respect????
"absence of hatred..." ... I hate an awful lot of things and an awful lot of people.
"..and racism"..... OH NO!!!!! RACISM!!!! The most heinous crime imaginable!!!!!!! Racist people should not be allowed to defend themselves!!
"fiscal stability".... that means poor people do not have the right to defend themselves either.

And if we all pledged to honor the Constitution, we wouldn't have to screw with any of the rest of this crap.

All arbitrary.. for some communist to decide.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (2500HD, 219DW, 1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,796
Posts18,496,236
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.