Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
99.9% of the time my dad was the most easy going, understanding man I ever knew. But, IF he ever called you "MISTER", it wasn't going to be a fun day for you!

He was an electrician for almost 40 years and had fingers the size of sausages. He had "the look" and would poke us in the chest. You'd swear he was gonna break a few ribs.

Luckily that only happened a couple times while growing up and I'm sure I deserved it.

This January will be 10 years since his passing from Alzheimer's. I wouldn't wish that disease on anybody!

Elk Country

Last edited by elkcountry; 07/13/22.

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have a very close friend that is in her late 70s. She is a hoot and a true southern lady. Her mother used to tell her “I’m gonna whip your ass till your nose bleeds!”

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by hanco
Step corksucker didn’t say anything before he beat you with his fists, jerked your arm out of socket, broke your arm, broke your jaw with a thrown hammer. Didn’t say cshit after either, just screamed at my mother what a bunch of sorry pieces of cshit we all were. You never knew what would set him off.
What a peach.

You seem well adjusted in spite of that. 👍

I didn’t want to see the fear in my family’s eyes like saw in siblings and mother. I’m sure it was in mine also. My little brother turned out to be like him, worthless piece of cshit, sister drawn to that type of man. That crap goes for generations. My mother had a college education, maybe she liked that kind of man. She was dead from ulcers at 37 from his bitching, beatings, etc. Us three kids had lots of accidents

Last edited by hanco; 07/13/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by worriedman
Originally Posted by RiverRider
"How many more times am I going to have to whip you for that?"

The worst part of that was, he fully expected an answer and would not accept "never again!" That left me with no answer at all and that would piss him off even more.
I can promise it was never for the same thing twice. Your head would go "Hell no" when you hinney started to do something that had resulted in said whipping for some prior similar action at some previous time...

I was a headstrong lil schitt.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whenever my Dad got really frustrated with me and was about to lose it, he would call me a Bolshevick and/or start yelling in Italian. That was my clue to abscond to a distant locale. Pretty amusing thinking about it now, at the time very much less so.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
“You’re not going to sit for a week.”

This applied to us and the neighbor kids. Different times back then.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If them far ants tear you up Im whoppin yor ace

If you fall into them hot coals and get burned, Im whoopin yor ace

If you break your arm again on that skateboard, you gonna gitchor ass whooped

Boy if you make fun of my emergency landing again in a hog lot, I’m whoopin yor ass

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Well little bird, you really [bleep] in your nest this time".

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Didn't say much before the whooping, but a bamboo stick was used. It's name was Mr. Smiley, and had a smiley face drawn on the end of it. And after said whooping, I was always told to "apologize to Mr. Smiley for what you did".

That’s AWESOME! Wish I had thought of that 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
My pops was a good man. He passed when I was 13 and a day doesn’t go by I don’t miss him. His favorite saying was your a$$ is grass and I’m the lawnmower. I never got a whippin I didn’t deserve and I know I deserved more than I got.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never said much - all you heard was leather clearing the loops of his Levi's.

Me

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"Gonna tan yer hide" although he rarely did. I deserved em all and more.

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Caplock
"Gonna tan yer hide" although he rarely did. I deserved em all and more.
That was another favorite

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Momma whupped our asses. Dad left us to go live with his other family when I was like 11 or 12. He was way too busy with Winston Reds, fluzy waitresses in greasy spoon cafes, and doing really poor Jim Reeves (his hero) imitations for whomever would listen.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just knowing that you disappointed and let him down hurt worse than any whipping ever could.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Boy, when I get my hands on you you're gunna wish you could crawl back in that hole you came from.

LOL
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
My dad was easy going, not much bothered him. Tell him a lie and he would go hulk on you! Always saying, remember this, because if you don't,, it's the buggy whip. Only got the buggy whip once, mom put a stop to it, she knocked him in the head, with a cast iron skillet. When my uncle found out he nick named dad, Skillet Head. Half the family called dad, Skillet, until he passed away.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My Dad never gave a warning when he put the belt across my rear end. Some times Mom informed him that was enough.

The only so called warnings I got was a fist just hard enough to get my attention upside my head or his foot socker style against my rear end followed by " don't let me catch you doing that again". I knew it was time to do something else that was more acceptable.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"You ever do that again, I'll hit you so hard your clothes will be out of style when you wake up".........Never wanted to see if he really meant it or not.... wink

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (29aholic, 204guy, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 44 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,215
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.