Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by moosemike
Well I know I won't buy a Chevy next time. The 110 outlets can hardly run anything at all. The Ford has a more powerful inverter and can be used as a generator which would be nice to have at hunting camp

seems like a relatively easy thing to address ?

A larger inverter? Wouldn't that also require heavier gauge wire? Not so easy then

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Toyota
Rounding out the recall list is certain Toyota 2022 Tundra and Tundra Hybrid vehicles. Toyota is recalling these vehicles as flange nuts on the rear axle assembly can loosen and sometimes fall off. When that happens, it can cause a separation from the axle housing.

For questions about the recall, contact customer support at the Toyota Brand Engagement Center (1-800-331-4331) for Toyota vehicles.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Toyota
Rounding out the recall list is certain Toyota 2022 Tundra and Tundra Hybrid vehicles. Toyota is recalling these vehicles as flange nuts on the rear axle assembly can loosen and sometimes fall off. When that happens, it can cause a separation from the axle housing.

For questions about the recall, contact customer support at the Toyota Brand Engagement Center (1-800-331-4331) for Toyota vehicles.

Oops...

NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V986000

Manufacturer Ford Motor Company

Components POWER TRAIN, STRUCTURE

Summary

Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2021-2022 F-150 vehicles. Underbody heat and noise insulators may loosen and contact the aluminum driveshaft, which could damage the driveshaft and cause it to fracture.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V037000

Manufacturer Chrysler (FCA US, LLC)

Components SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC

Summary

Chrysler (FCA US, LLC) is recalling certain 2020-2021 Ram 1500 Classic SLT trucks. Certain vehicles were built without the retaining clip that secures the master cylinder push rod to the brake pedal, which can cause the brake pedal to separate from the brake system.

Last edited by hillestadj; 07/13/22.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by moosemike
Well I know I won't buy a Chevy next time. The 110 outlets can hardly run anything at all. The Ford has a more powerful inverter and can be used as a generator which would be nice to have at hunting camp

That reminds me of one of the things I would never ask the dealer about. That would be filed under, "Who Cares?"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a 22 Duramax from the end of last year.

I won’t be keeping it. They are average at best. Once the right tundra shows up I will be going back.

GM just isn’t keeping up.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
These are some interesting mpg reports. My Dodge 1500 company truck gets 20 to 22+ mpg, with lots of power to spare. I do a lot of interstate driving though. With a straight up gas engine getting that kind of fuel mileage and performance, why would anyone want a turbo that offers no real improvement?

The Tundra twin turbo was a double effort as I see it...

1) Comply with .GOV CID reduction "mandates" or whatever...

2) Keep the maximum HP/Torque in the "light duty" class of trucks (the hybrid Tundra is rated at 437 hp and 583 lb-ft of torque). These are $78k trucks however.

The problem is... Toyota may not have gotten all the bugs out (rare for Toyota)... I know this because I know people at McGeorge Toyota of Richmond quite well... and the new Tundras are being called "Problematic"... not Lemons just yet, but enough drama for me to have heard "watch your ass" more than once.

Ford and Chevy... and even the new 1500 Rams... zero chance I would go there on a long term truck... too many Rona parts... by too many woke Rona employees.

I am glad your work truck is solid... for how long... and how much $$$ all those computers/components will last/cost is my only caution.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by losttrail60

I won’t be keeping it. They are average at best. Once the right tundra shows up I will be going back.

I concur...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Shrapnal...

I have always given you the road...

Mostly because you are very old and respecting seniors is proper...

Also because you are from Montana (nice sub-division BTW)... and thirdly because you shoot chipmunks with pistols (very cool skill/pics).

Trading a like new pre-DEF 2012 6.7l Cummins (probably the most sought after truck in America) PLUS adding cash for a 2022 DEF DuraTurd... left me wondering... but alas every man must do what he thinks is best.

What I do not abide is the twisting (lying) of the statements I made.

Burns challenged you on some elk or moose picture... with a different hat or shirt or rifle... I didn't really pay much attention.

Burns is Burns... he does that chit.

Same kinda thing here though... the twisting and all...

I GET that you are trying to remain relevant...

I respect that...

But you know dick about trucks and availability.

The current market for new trucks at reasonable prices SUCKS... to disagree with that statement is prima-facie demonstrative ignorance.

I speculate I have bought and sold more trucks/trailers/equipment in the past 6 months than you have in your lifetime.

The market is simply terrible.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Teal...

I asked for a real world finds on New 1/2 ton gassers under $35k...

Like popping a cockroach scurrying on the the kitchen counter with a 3.5" 12 gauge turkey load... you gave me a "Shotgun Blast" of 300+

This came up on YOUR SEARCH... when I selected "Immediately Available/Days to Delivery"

I looked at the diesels you posted also... and pinged them by Chat (after hours)... that Chat involved "none available, but we will help you find one".

In fairness to you (and in honesty) I will actually call them when I get the chance and chase down the real story.

-------------------------------------------

Bottomline... the OP asked about a New Chevy or a New Tundra.

He went on to say availability was less than ideal...

I have done nothing other than concur and support that opinion with my real world knowledge/experience.

Instead of "Shotgun Blasting" bullchit... why not help the man find a truck to his liking?

P.S. It may be a few weeks before I get back to you... busy time at the moment... flipping real estate and construction. Sorry about that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Shrapnal...

I have always given you the road...

Mostly because you are very old and respecting seniors is proper...

Also because you are from Montana (nice sub-division BTW)... and thirdly because you shoot chipmunks with pistols (very cool skill/pics).

Trading a like new pre-DEF 2012 6.7l Cummins (probably the most sought after truck in America) PLUS adding cash for a 2022 DEF DuraTurd... left me wondering... but alas every man must do what he thinks is best.

What I do not abide is the twisting (lying) of the statements I made.

Burns challenged you on some elk or moose picture... with a different hat or shirt or rifle... I didn't really pay much attention.

Burns is Burns... he does that chit.

Same kinda thing here though... the twisting and all...

I GET that you are trying to remain relevant...

I respect that...

But you know dick about trucks and availability.

The current market for new trucks at reasonable prices SUCKS... to disagree with that statement is prima-facie demonstrative ignorance.

I speculate I have bought and sold more trucks/trailers/equipment in the past 6 months than you have in your lifetime.

The market is simply terrible.

Because you are young and dumb, (which I have given you a pass on many times) I highlighted for better understanding how you have jumped to sophomoric conclusions with juvenile enthusiasm.

First is trading in the 2012 Ram was not without much consideration. In 10 years I would have a 20 year old truck with 180-200,000 miles on it. It may not be worn out by then, but it would still have 20 years and many miles in it. If I bought a brand new 2022 truck now, in 10 years it would only be 10 years old with half the miles on it that I would have in the Ram.

In case you hadn’t noticed, I will remind you that there are more Chevy trucks in the road of all ages than there are Ram pickups. This should be an indicator of preference and dependability. I chose the Chevy because the GMC dealer was not interested in selling a truck. (This is also an indication of hard times in buying a truck as you have pointed out)

I will also add, I did my homework and looked as far away as 1000 miles, considering Dave Smith and many other high powered dealers.

As far as knowing dick about trucks and availability, you are wrong again, but your youthful exuberance gets the best of you as you try to make a case for your vast experience.

Speculating about how much you have sold and how much I have owned and sold, leaves you wide open to another miscalculation. I doubt that in 6 months of the worst economic times and market availability (which is your biggest beef presently) that you have come anywhere near such an improbable feat.

Your last comment, you did get right, but you fail to see that in a time of your incompetence, others (including myself) have and continue to find what a immensity successful guy like you hasn’t.

You may want to try finding a job at McDonalds, they are paying nearly $20.00/hour to start…

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I still cant believe you got it for that price.

Thats wild.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Seems like it would be a perfect fit then

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Raeford

Dumschit is probably driving a 1998 Caravan.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Thats wild.

Cash has a hard time with that too. I doubt he will make it trick or treating before he explodes...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Thats wild.

Cash has a hard time with that too. I doubt he will make it trick or treating before he explodes...

Its interesting because we have a Dodge dealer in town.

The used ones....say 2019's and 2020's were for sale on his lot for 60 or so.

New ones were 70.

Dodge is typically less than Chevrolet....so I say you did really well.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

I could buy you for what I paid for my Duramax.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Have a 99' Frontier I'd be willing to let go reasonable......$12,500
Low Miles 229K
4wd
Flatbed[good PT wood, aprox $1K worth in todays market laugh ]
Only 5 owners of record
Air blows COLD

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

I could buy you for what I paid for my Duramax.

You cant even afford female prostitutes.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Whatever you get, don't ding it....Been over a month waiting for parts....Fender and bumper finally arrived with no estimate on when the lights will show up.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (673, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1minute, 29aholic, 16 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,939
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.