Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Lay-offs, around here? Not likely. The crews are averaging 60 hr weeks with 72 hrs a common occurrence.

We have been trying for several years to find personnel to fill out a third shift and make thos 72 hr weeks into 48s. But available workers, simply are not.

We asked the employment service to find us six people two weeks ago, four showed up for orientation. two weeks later one is left. We asked for six more last week. We got zero.

Other employers in this area pay comparable wages, but nobody matches our benefits.
15 days sick/year with accrual. 20% matching on 401K, good pension, sliding rate for vacation up to 200 hrs/yr @ 20 years service, wholly paid Blue Cross with $450 deductible and $1900 max out of pocket/year.

I am retiring in a few months with about 2080 hrs of accrued vacation which will be paid out as one year's wages on the day of retirement.

Fugging lazy asses coming out of school would rather live in Momma's basement and suck tiity than get out and become someone. All they seem to need is an allowance sufficient to keep them in video games and maybe pot or booze.

Has anyone said lately, this nation is well and truly fugged?

I know we are looking to invest heavily in automation and reduce manpower to a minimum. Then people cry, "Why can't I find a job?"

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I know we are looking to invest heavily in automation and reduce manpower to a minimum. Then people cry, "Why can't I find a job?"

what kind of automations ?

Last edited by persiandog; 07/14/22.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Packaging, casing, and palatalizing of 2# through 50# food items.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The market whether it’s the job market or the housing market is driven by money. From the owner or shareholders all the way down to the “lowliest” worker the driving motivation is money. Companies that can’t find workers are simply not paying enough. I don’t care what anyone thinks the particular job classification is “worth” on an hourly basis, if you can’t attract employees it’s because you ain’t paying enough! Simple economics that post-scamdemic companies have forgotten.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Corporate, out of the blue, of the goodness of their heart, handed out bonus checks to each of us.

Based on years of sevice, my bonus was just a bit better than three weeks wages.

This ungrateful bunch will probably consider it a precedent, and expect the same every year.

You work for a smart employer. Wish I did.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My employer is awesome. We get two bonuses a year and mine typically adds up to about 12% of my base income. To top it off they dumped about eight grand into my 401k a couple of weeks ago as an additional bonus. They'll have to drag me outa there with a team of stout mules!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RiverRider
My employer is awesome. We get two bonuses a year and mine typically adds up to about 12% of my base income. To top it off they dumped about eight grand into my 401k a couple of weeks ago as an additional bonus. They'll have to drag me outa there with a team of stout mules!

Get me an application? Lol

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Some commie will be along shortly to tell you that you shouldn't be bragging about making money.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 69sportfury, 01Foreman400, 300s, 14 invisible), 1,755 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,108
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.