Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So my son put some videos of me shooting on his youtube channel, thought I'd share.

Clearly I'm not a youtuber, so cell phone video and a half ass Youtube channel, but we had fun. Oh, and I'm clearly not smart enough to get this video to embed properly.

[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/_lFULCIW3uU?feature=share[/video]

Last edited by GunGeek; 07/14/22.
GB1

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice!

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Pretty cool! If you listen close, you can actually hear a twang when it hits the blade.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Very cool

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So the first video, the 250-300 yard shot was kinda funny. I just wanted to take a video of a long range shot. So we put the target on the next hill. Well when I drove back to where I was going to shoot from, I got out of the truck and said, oh crap, that's a bit far. So I told my son, before we video, let me see if I can figure out the Kentucky Windage. So I held just under the top of the ladder that's holding the steel and fired, but I didn't hear anything and I didn't see anything. So I turned to ask my son and he's just standing there giving me the bird.

"Did I hit it?"

"Uh yeah ya dikk"

"No way"

"Dad, didn't you hear it" (of course I didn't hear it, I'm old and busted)

I refused to believe him that I hit with my first shot, so we actually drove over there so I could lay eyes on the target. Damn near dead center hit...I'll remember that one for a long time.

Went back, rolled video and damned if I didn't do it again.

And then I missed it 5 times in a row:)

Should have quit while I was ahead.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Is that you?

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah that goofy idiot is me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GunGeek
So my son put some videos of me shooting on his youtube channel, thought I'd share.

Clearly I'm not a youtuber, so cell phone video and a half ass Youtube channel, but we had fun. Oh, and I'm clearly not smart enough to get this video to embed properly.

[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/_lFULCIW3uU?feature=share[/video]

Good shootin,' GunGeek! smile

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Fun outing. I wish I could shoot more but don't have space to set up my reloading bench where we are now living.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah that goofy idiot is me.
LOL. It happens to all of us.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Went shooting, myself, today. Shot my Uberti 3-click Cattleman.

I like practicing quick draw and shoot with it, followed by as quick and accurate a follow up shot as I can manage, all using my strong hand only (right hand), i.e., no weak hand support or weak hand thumb cocking. The weak hand stays at my side.

Just a game I play with it. I enjoy it. I pretend I'm an Eastwood type Western gun fighter practicing my gun slinging skills, LOL.

Had the .45 ACP cylinder in it, since I'm low on .45 Colt.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You put those smear marks on the blade before you even set it out there.

LOL. Just kidding. Nice shot. grin

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I like practicing quick draw and shoot with it, followed by as quick and accurate a follow up shot as I can manage, all using my strong hand only (right hand), i.e., no weak hand support or weak hand thumb cocking. The weak hand stays at my side.

Just a game I play with it. I enjoy it. I pretend I'm an Eastwood type Western gun fighter practicing my gun slinging skills, LOL.

[Linked Image]
First, nice revolver.
Second, you're braver than I am.

I'm a total klutz, and I just KNOW that if I really practiced that with live ammo, sooner or later my dumb arse would be in the ER with a custom groove down my leg. I did a little in my youth, got reasonably competent at it, even did some with live ammo, but I'm a man who "knows his limitations".

My son works as a registered gunfighter/reenactor, and he does fast draw with full power blanks 5 days a week, 3 times a day and has never got it wrong. Freaks me out, but the kid is pretty good; guess he got his good looks and his coordination from his mom. Actually his job freaks me out a little, its dangerous as hell, but they do choreograph it all out pretty well and keep things safe.

Back in the day when I shot IPSC, that kind of fast draw didn't bother me at all because it was a very different technique and I was WAY more confident in my ability to always keep it safe (again, I knows my limitations). The older I get, the clumsier I get, so I just stick to more deliberate shooting. Would love to see you do some fast draw though

Now...What I'd give for an ACP cylinder for my Colt SAA. At some point I'm going to address that issue.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Good shooting.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

[Linked Image]
First, nice revolver.
Second, you're braver than I am.

I'm a total klutz, and I just KNOW that if I really practiced that with live ammo, sooner or later my dumb arse would be in the ER with a custom groove down my leg. I did a little in my youth, got reasonably competent at it, even did some with live ammo, but I'm a man who "knows his limitations".

My son works as a registered gunfighter/reenactor, and he does fast draw with full power blanks 5 days a week, 3 times a day and has never got it wrong. Freaks me out, but the kid is pretty good; guess he got his good looks and his coordination from his mom. Actually his job freaks me out a little, its dangerous as hell, but they do choreograph it all out pretty well and keep things safe.

Back in the day when I shot IPSC, that kind of fast draw didn't bother me at all because it was a very different technique and I was WAY more confident in my ability to always keep it safe (again, I knows my limitations). The older I get, the clumsier I get, so I just stick to more deliberate shooting. Would love to see you do some fast draw though

Now...What I'd give for an ACP cylinder for my Colt SAA. At some point I'm going to address that issue.
Yeah, the spare .45 ACP cylinder is awesome.

As for safety, slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. In other words, I don't sacrifice care about when the hammer is cocked. Thumb is not even applying force on the hammer till I've cleared the holster and the muzzle is on its way to the aimed position. That's top priority. Accuracy is second. Speed is third.

Don't want to be the next Tex Grebner.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Nice!

Pretty sure I can't even hold steady enough to do anything like that anymore.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (17Fan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,318
Posts18,487,346
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.