-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What does a used scuba tank run, and where can a person find them for sale?

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by worriedman
What does a used scuba tank run, and where can a person find them for sale?
Ebay, craigslist, dive shops.............price depends on age and condition. Make sure it can be recertified.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Bought a 22 caliber Marauder to shoot prairie dogs at close range with a few years back. It worked great, killed those sucker out to 60 yards and a little more. But they got wish to my tricks and every time I drove by them they would head for their holes and stayed down until I left. I finally had to have them poisoned off before the town got too big. My rifle blow a seal a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found parts to rebuild it yet. I ordered the pistol version of it last week and I have to say, what a nice gun it is. Light, points quick, and it hits pretty hard with a 14.3 grain pellet. Very accurate at 100 ft. which is as far as I need to shoot in this yard.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by MickinColo; 06/13/22.
J
J
the marauders are pretty awesome. I have 2 of the 22 rifles, one 25 rifle, and one 22 pistol/carbine version. they just flat out work, right out of the box. the rifles, I recieved them from crosman, opened the box, mounted scopes, aired them up did some shot strings across the chrony to find out where they liked to be run, tried out half a dozen pellets to see what they preferred, and then just ran with them. no tuning, no dinking with triggers, no need for aftermarket parts, just get to work. the pistol needed the ar15 style stock to get my cheek high enough for a scope, but other than that it was the same way.

they are kind of pricey, but when you figure that you shoot an air rifle much more than a big game rifle, then that helps ease the mind a bit :}

i just use a handpump. sure, when you are doing shot strings over the chrony and trying out different pellets you go through alot of air, but once you have it where you want it, you just dont need to pump it that much. my 22 rifle gets about 40 good shots on one 2800psi fill. that is at least 30 ground squirrels, prarie dogs, cottontails, jack rabbits, ect... then its only 5-10 minutes to break out the handpump and fill it back up.

i have parts from crosman 1-{800}-724-7486 coming to rebuild my favorite 22 rifle. they are pretty reasonable as far as cost, and usually get to my house in 7-10 days or so. this one still shoots great, but it has a slow leak, and will lose about 200psi a week just sitting. its probably an exhaust valve, but ive had it for 6-7 years now and its earned a rebuild :}

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So my 6 month review is - Still liking the Marauder a bunch. In fact, I am not shooting my suppressed 10/22 any longer for varmint control. The Marauder in .22 hits hard and passes through anything from squirrel and rabbit size down. Haven't had an opportunity on anything larger.

After sighting it in, I have resorted to the hand pump as I only shoot one or two shots at a time. Pulling out the SCUBA tank is a PIA when 10 to 20 pumps keeps it at 2,800-3,000 psi.

psycodog, sorry for the delay in responding to your question. I do not have anything to compare to but with the Lothar Walther barrel, it is accurate enough to 80 - 100 yards to kill most anything I have encountered. So I suppose the $100 was worth it.

I am enjoying the quiet in the backyard and the rabbits and squirrels aren't destroying the flower beds any longer - rest in pieces bitches.

So that's it - does everything I wanted it to do.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B2

J
J
one of my 22 marauder rifles has the crosman barrel and likes h&n 14.66's

the other 22 marauder rifle has the walther barrel and isnt near as pellet fussy as the crosman barrel, but seems to like the jsb 18.3's the best.

with the pellets that they prefer, i would have to be really shooting good that day to tell a difference. but over all the walther barrel is easier to find a couple pellets that it likes.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've grouped a lot of pellets off a mechanical rest. And my Marauder loves the JSB Match Exact Jumbo Heavy - 18.13 gr. In addition to being accurate, it hits plenty hard.

But it is always a good idea to try different weights and different manufacturers to find the best match for your PCP. Pretty much like working up a load for a centerfire.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
18.13 JSBs are probably the best first option in a 22. I sold my 22 cals, but the 18.13 shot well in all of them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.