Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by strikeu
what an absolute load of complete Sc Hit..

One day you’ll know for sure.

I truly wish that what I was told in sunday school was true. I honestly, with all my being, wish that there was some magical fairy that I could just dump my problems on and not worry about anything, always be happy. then when Chit goes to hell in a handbasket I could just say "well, that's just the way god wanted it". what a cop out.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

I truly wish that what I was told in sunday school was true. I honestly, with all my being, wish that there was some magical fairy

Not a magical fairy, any more than magnetism and fire were considered witchcraft once.

...that I could just dump my problems on and not worry about anything, always be happy.

You can dump your problems on God.

If you are looking for somebody else to solve your worldly problems, maybe that's not what you really need. Just like when we were children and really really really thought "X" would be the solution to our problems, but our parents did not give us "X" because they knew, even if we did not, that "X" was not the solution.

...then when Chit goes to hell in a handbasket I could just say "well, that's just the way god wanted it". what a cop out.

Maybe it's not the way God wanted it, but the result of your (and others') free will. God wanted us to have free will, for better or for worse. But it comes at a steep cost - consequences. And if there were no consequences, we would not value free will.

God is not a genie in a bottle, a parlor trick, or a jukebox. The point is not short-term material or even emotional relief. The point is everlasting life with God.

Last edited by plumbum; 07/15/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by plumbum
[quote=strikeu]what an absolute load of complete Sc Hit..

I truly wish that what I was told in sunday school was true. I honestly, with all my being, wish that there was some magical fairy ]/QUOTE]

Not a magical fairy, any more than magnetism and fire were considered witchcraft once.

...that I could just dump my problems on and not worry about anything, always be happy.

If you are looking for somebody else to solve your worldly problems, maybe that's not what you really need. Just like when we were children and really really really thought "X" would be the solution to our problems, but our parents did not give us "X" because they knew, even if we did not, that "X" was not the solution.

...then when Chit goes to hell in a handbasket I could just say "well, that's just the way god wanted it". what a cop out.

Maybe it's not the way God wanted it, but the result of your (and others') free will. God wanted us to have free will, for better or for worse. But it comes at a steep cost - consequences. And if there were no consequences, we would not value free will.

God is not a genie in a bottle, a parlor trick, or a jukebox. The point is not short-term material or even emotional relief. The point is everlasting life with God.

hey, pssst (there's no santa clause or easter bunny either)

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I truly wish that what I was told in sunday school was true. I honestly, with all my being, wish that there was some magical fairy that I could just dump my problems on and not worry about anything, always be happy. then when Chit goes to hell in a handbasket I could just say "well, that's just the way god wanted it". what a cop out.

I know of some people that think that way but they are a vast minority or should be and are totally ignorant of the Gospel. I think it’s truly sad that Sunday School F’d you up. It did me too along with all of the moralistic BS that passes for Christianity.

I’ve had about 18 years of digging trying to get to the bottom of it. I’m a lot closer than I was and I am a Christian. Bristoe talked about the Lutheran Church MissourSynod. That’s where I’ve ended up. Not because they are perfect but because the emphasis is on Christ.
I’m more convinced of truth today than ever but I would never recommend anyone go to any of the main denominations to find it.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

I truly wish that what I was told in sunday school was true. I honestly, with all my being, wish that there was some magical fairy ]/QUOTE]

If that's what you are looking for, God is not the answer. 😉

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

So, you wanted a god that would submit to your will and desires….right?

Kinda like that which has been created telling the Creator what to do….

Does not work that way….

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by slumlord
But don’t a cheesy cut n paste lazy phûck. Give us a testimony. YOUR testimony.
My uncle broke his back in a jeep accident in the Army and was made paraplegic. He was hospitalized over this where they discovered he also had cancer. It progressed until he was given 2 months to live. Many prayers were said for him, masses offered up in his name. He ended up living over 30 more years and fathered a son.

My father in law's aorta split lengthwise for about 6" when he got up one morning (like John Ritter). He was rushed to the correct hospital by shear grace, where he died on the operating table for 20 minutes. We prayed continuously while he was in the operating room. He was revived and lived about 7 more years.

He was healed from being a paraplegic? That would be fascinating. Any details on how it happened?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If that's what you are looking for, God is not the answer. 😉

I'm not looking for anything, certainly not "answers"...I'm simply telling you that some etheric being, along the same lines as santa and the easter bunny, are products of years, actual centuries of fabricated drivel supported by nothing but passed down lore and myths. some fictitious being that will save you...now pay me money to tell you some good news. Pay me money to make you feel good about dying. Pay me money to make you feel good about living.

it's money friend, it has always been money. the entire basis for organized religion is money. that's it. bunch of people sat around and came up with a story to prey on human instinct. and the more money you give the fools spreading this crap the better you will feel, and the more the etheric being will adorn you. remember you owe this etherical being minimum 10 percent of your being..but in reality the more the better.

Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xxclaro
He was healed from being a paraplegic? That would be fascinating. Any details on how it happened?
No. He lived. The paralysis was an aggravating factor.

Last edited by Tyrone; 07/15/22.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TF49

Does not work that way….

Not right. I said I wish I could just dump my problems on this mythical "god" they taught me about in church, and then be happy. That's it. Still looking for that "peace" and "love" and "joy" all these people spouted about.

IC B3

Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Not right. I said I wish I could just dump my problems on this mythical "god" they taught me about in church, and then be happy. That's it. Still looking for that "peace" and "love" and "joy" all these people spouted about.
Well, you can. Just don't expect them to go away. smile

God wants us to be heroes. Heroes are made, not born. Heroes are made through suffering and sacrifice, not by living easy.

We wouldn't be discussing this if Christ took the easy route.

Politics is War by Other Means
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

There are two parts to what you say. 1) Wanting to dump your problems on God; and 2) being happy.

You can absolutely dump your problems on God. Or even anything else, even a grilled cheese sandwich. I don't see that you are disagreeing with that.

It's the second element where I suspect you find dissatisfaction. Apparently, you do not feel happy as a result. But what is the peace, love, and joy that you seek, and have not found? If God were to answer your prayers, what would that answer look like? What in particular could He have done, but did not?

For example, if you just need your millions of dollars in gambling debts to the Russian Mafia to disappear, don't expect God to help with that, He never said He would. He helps with what matters to Him, not to the world.

Last edited by plumbum; 07/15/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

There are two parts to what you say. 1) Wanting to dump your problems on God; and 2) being happy.

You can absolutely dump your problems on God. Or even anything else, even a grilled cheese sandwich. I don't see that you are disagreeing with that.

It's the second element where I suspect you find dissatisfaction. Apparently, you do not feel happy as a result. But what is the peace, love, and joy that you seek, and have not found? If God were to answer your prayers, what would that answer look like? What in particular could He have done, but did not?

For example, if you just need your millions of dollars in gambling debts to the Russian Mafia to disappear, don't expect God to help with that, He never said He would. He helps with what matters to Him, not to the world.

I think I summed it up pretty good in my original reply: what an absolute load of complete Sc Hit..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not looking for anything,…
Still looking for that "peace" and "love" and "joy" all these people spout about.
Those recent posts of yours are pretty much the polar opposite of each other. Are you lookin’ for somethin’ or not…? Or are you just voicin’ your opinion…? Any of which I have no problem with, as it ‘is’ a discussion forum. I’m just curious about the motive of your contributions to these type of threads…? No offence, but you do kinda come across as someone carryin’ some anger pertaining to this subject matter, not only on this thread but also on other similar threads.

Much of what you said earlier about organized religion and money are true.

But, the original version of Christianity…the one modeled by Jesus and His Apostle’s and His earliest followers…was an event-based movement that wasn’t based on money or theology or power or doctrine or ancient texts.

It was based on a single event, and *that’s* whatcha gotta wrestle to the ground. If it didn’t happen, then NOTHING ELSE regarding Christianity matters at all.

But if it did in fact happen, then “GAME ON”…!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by TF49

Does not work that way….

Your definitely getting that feedback here. And it’s bad information. Sounds like we share the common observation that we were taught a lot of moralism growing up. Your getting that sauce thrown at you here but not by me. I hate the crap too.

WWJD. Jesus came to be the example that you’ve gotta be to measure up. We saw the same thing. People parroting stupid doctrine that wasn’t the Gospel nor is it the message of Christianity. That’s base moralism and had nothing to do with the Gospel and Christ.

It seems like we both saw through the inconsistency of the lie but went different directions based on what we saw. All I can say is that there is a lot abject crap that has to be weeded through to get to the reality.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.