Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You've never even fhuqking SEEN one. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
That’s certainly what I’ll do. Didn’t have my heart set on the 175, but they were available so I thought I’d give them a try.

I have a few boxes of 140 Accubonds, but will be keeping an eye out for some 160s.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The nuances of CRF and it's geometry,don't play NEARLY as nice as PF do,when skirting the mainstream. 284 Win Dummies felt like a HotDog "sliding" past a 40-grit sleeping bag,only to hit a wall dead headed. Hint.(grin)

It's ALL about connecting mechanical dots,less getting greedy in ANY direction. Hint.

Though I'm guilty of multiple 6-284's,25-284's and Vanilla 284's on PF Big Green's. Hint..............(grin)

Dammit. Just ordered a Bart 1:8 to screw on an old 700 LA for a 3.7 COAL 280AI...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rather nice melding,but make mine 280 SALAMI. Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Why 280 Rem over the Improved version? Easier start with no Fireforming?

Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
EVERY round shot in a rifle,gets fireformed and many are quick to overlook same. For me,I'll happily take Lapooey Twat-Six Virgin's,wearing a positive headspaced false shoulder in said chambering and only trim cases once,in their life cycle. The "difference" in "load data"/velocity betwixt that forming operation and the second poke,is dick nothing and I'm quick to holster Sametitude. Kiss,find pressure and rock on. Hint.

You gotsta' make a pretty big case capacity increase,to whistle 180/90's to a very different velocity threshold and I'd rather have the extra round in the belly and don't fret a coupla extra "clicks" on an erector,dabbling in distant zipcodes. The wind makes zero fhuqks too,as I'm happy to simply let the projectile do the "work". Hint.

Going 7mm RemMag of course changes things and they roll off Big Green's shelf Race Ready,in regards to throat/COAL/RPM. They mate .796 BC 180's exceptionally,at Low Tide in all atmospheres. Hint.

I kept a 6x MQ on that one for Dissenters and often drove it to 1600yds+. Hell,that rifle alone sold alotta scopes. Hint.(grin)

Actually just peeled said glass last week,because a Sheep Hunting pard got in a bad way with Reupold(again),so I emergency Mailed it to him with the rings,a coupla zero-stops and turret covers. So I reckon I'll likely '16x Barkin' Arken said platform,because I don't have any 6x MQ's laying loose(never do). Hint.

It'll kinda/sorta match this 8" RPM 280 SALAMI,sipping from AICS DBM,beings I tossed it in of Ryan's Faux Five's and it being Bushy DMR'd. It is one of few,in which I never taped the fore 'cap,so Dissenters could see "6x" staring at them. Hint. LAUGHING!

Tough to beat Big Green L/A COAL. Hint....................

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Rather nice melding,but make mine 280 SALAMI. Hint..................

Whelp...that makes it even easier as I have lots of 280 brass. I'll whip up some dummies and send to Shaen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He's built me a couple 280 SALAMI's,that are simply fhuqking SENSATIONAL. Hint.

The little fhuqker KNOWS what's up and more importantly WHY. Hint.................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by beretzs
I dont get why people get hung up on " fireforming " if a AI cartridge is set up properly theres a .004 crush fit, and for giggles i put them into the lands anyway.
Do load development when you want to " fireform" just like any other case and its quite accurate.
I have " fireform" loads thst are .25 m.o.a.

Last edited by sherm_61; 07/25/22.
J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Originally Posted by beretzs
I dont get why people get hung up on " fireforming " if a AI cartridge is set up properly theres a .004 crush fit, and for giggles i put them into the lands anyway.
Do load development when you want to " fireform" just like any other case and its quite accurate.
I have " fireform" loads thst are .25 m.o.a.

This rifle fire-formed sub MOA right off the bat with the 150 Sierras and h4895. Brass was Norma 280 Rem. Loaded up h4350 with the same bullet and got good results. Could probably go faster, but getting 2900 and good groups holding out to 600 yards.

I may give the 160 Speer Spitzer a try. They are available and I have to think that weight bullet at 2800-2900 fps will work well if I can get them to shoot.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 907brass, 13 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,526
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.