Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Tikka, I am talking about my brother, he grew up out here in Montana and isn't a commie.

C'mon man.

He and his wife and her family are very conservative. I guess the OC is surprisingly conservative.

They left California to escape the commies and find a more tax friendly environment.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by deflave
Moves with moving companies are not moves.

You "all expenses paid" types have no business here.

LOL

The pain and misery that is U-haul, is real.

Last week my brother and his family moved from Orange county CA(not sure the town San something...).

Anyway they moved from the OC to Sioux Falls, SD.

Their new employer paid the $8500 moving company bill.

They cheated!

Their previous move was from AK to CA and I guess that was fun...

Nice, San Clemente or San Juan Capistrano. Both REALLY nice cities. Well for Kommiefornia anyway.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by deflave
Moves with moving companies are not moves.

You "all expenses paid" types have no business here.

LOL

The pain and misery that is U-haul, is real.

Last week my brother and his family moved from Orange county CA(not sure the town San something...).

Anyway they moved from the OC to Sioux Falls, SD.

Their new employer paid the $8500 moving company bill.

They cheated!

Their previous move was from AK to CA and I guess that was fun...

more Commiefornia transplants

Leave their political BS there

Somebody hit the wine coolers early on a Sunday. #rager

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Tikka, I am talking about my brother, he grew up out here in Montana and isn't a commie.

C'mon man.

He and his wife and her family are very conservative. I guess the OC is surprisingly conservative.

They left California to escape the commies and find a more tax friendly environment.

sorry Sam

re read the post.......

no offense

'member I'm stopping in MT to buy you a beer sumday

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

C'mon man.

L I K E

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread invokes pain - physical and emotional in the final run.

Moved the family a few times - three times all the way across the US, then once from top to bottom, and others just the two of us within the SW. The older we got - the more the stuff - the worse it was. Did it every which way - including the all expenses paid, get a commercial mover and a temp apt,. etc. That way was the worst.

The last one was from a place we never expected to sell or leave - a slice of paradise in a national forest - but had to be done. And - EGAD - had we made accumulation mistakes. Talk about too much stuff, even after we gave away a bunch and I sold some bigger vehicles, firearms, and other stuff.

3 garages worth, big shop and contents of a 5k sq. ft. home. We did leave everything that was stuffed into the guest house.

I am old but decided to do a self-move. It was 250 miles from 8k feet down to high desert, half of it 2 lane mountain driving. Big Dodge Cummins with either a stuffed toy hauler, or a loaded 25 ft gooseneck, or an 18ft. vehicle hauler behind. Twice my wife drove a 50 year old truck pulling the 18 footer. Don't remember how many trips up and down from one place to the other - many.

17 vehicles, 1 tractor (left one there), grand piano, safes, 4 post lift, and just gobs of stuff - some of it heavy. On all of those trips only one blown tire and one blown pan gasket, on a 1971 V8.

Once or twice had great help by a friend(s) loading/hauling something or driving one of ours with some trailer behind. Blessed they are. Once or twice hired 2 or 3 strong folks to unload and spot stuff at the destination.

And, had a bad health issue in the middle of it all. Worked out fine in the end, but still am sorting and storing stuff. Emotionally, it was a sad sequence - but we do love our new location. Indeed we are very fortunate.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My personal fav.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have not found it, but there is a picture of Iowa farmers meeting on a mud road, 1 March.

Horse drawn wagons, milk cow tied, walking behind.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

C'mon man.

Standby while tikka posts a picture of his Lexus..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I have not found it, but there is a picture of Iowa farmers meeting on a mud road, 1 March.

Horse drawn wagons, milk cow tied, walking behind.

Were they moving?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S

C'mon man.

Standby while tikka posts a picture of his Lexus..

chortle

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We just moved from 10 acres, 4800 ft^2 to 1 acre 2800 ft^2. The move was only about 4 miles, but after living in the last place for 24 years, we definitely had accumulated a bunch of crap. The worst part was the 30X50 barn being replaced by a 14X16 shed. It was 8 weekends of hellish death march. I had a bunch of help one weekend from church members for the heavy stuff, which we couldn't have done it without them. It was time to downsize and I feel very blessed we were able to find some suckers to buy our old place for top $. Haha. And found a nice place we could pay cash for in a very tight market. The worst part was having to sell the horses. That hurt.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been moving for two and a half years. So far I've made 17 trips back and forth (2,000 miles round trip).

I'm so over it.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Dislike the thought of moving. I haven't moved in years.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
At least a dozen moves in 20 years with 7 countries included. Happy to be retired...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by Lonny
Where you moving MM?

Last move for me was 11 years ago and it sucked even with my 2 teenage boys to help out.

Hi Lonny- We are going to be in South Carolina, just south of Charlotte. Sally is going on a road trip!

She’s getting pretty old and loves to lay in the sun. I think she’ll like it just fine👍

Timber- A big yes to the rollback.
I never knew I was a hoarder! Sheesh!

Good luck on the move!

It sounds like Sally is going to do just fine. Charlie is smiling down on you for taking her into your home! I can't thank you enough for taking her in! You're as good a guy as they make! Many, many, thanks.

Yeah, ditto on helping out ol' Sally.

Good luck with the move, that's a big one for sure.

Between the wife's jobs and mine, I think between 1996 and 2016 when we got here we had something along the lines of 17 moves, sometimes just across "town", sometimes across the country or to another State "Out West".

Pears sent Mooner, for a safe and enjoyable journey and success in the new place.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Geno!

Loading up the Wagon Queen Family Truckster over the next few days. Any luck we’ll be Griswalding x country by the end of the week!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
I've been moving for two and a half years. So far I've made 17 trips back and forth (2,000 miles round trip).

I'm so over it.

Your still not done yet?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 1234, 1badf350, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 75 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,650
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.