Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
All-

It has been brought to my attention, by a man I've come to respect in a short time, that my post about the German's being "a better people" than the eastern-europeans is interpreted quite badly. I now see how it can be after re-reading it. What I meant is that in my eyes, the Germans have given the world more & to this day are more prosperous than the eastern-europeans. I am in no way in line with the thoughts of the Nazi party or any other white supremacist. I stand by my thoughts about the German military. Do not misconstru that with falling in line witht the SS or Nazi party's ideals. Most of the German military were not even associated with those groups. Militarily they were very good. Hell, we've copied their tactics. See Iraq, 2003. The deaths & atrocities committed by the regular German army in WWII are not a result of trying to advance the master race in my opinion. Rather, it was what happens when Soldiers are not in fear of being prosecuted by their own for fighting a war the way it is suppossed to be fought. It's a horrible thing when civilians & POWs die, but were I in charge of our military that's how we'd fight. Be brutal & get it over with. If yall think our military men wouldn't do that to the jihadist if no reprocussions existed then you are misinformed. There have been cases of it inspite of the UCMJ. Armies exist to destroy the enemy & win wars, not reduce collateral damage & be peacekeepers. In my mind our world & the American society has become "soft" to that idea. That is the advantage our jihadist counterparts have over us.

Wrapping it up I would like to say I enjoy the campfire & hope this clears things up. It's not an apology for my statements, just trying to clarify because I AM NOT a racist, Nazi or white supremacist. Do I have prejudices, ABSOLUTELY, but so do everyone of you. With that being said, I'm done with this topic.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Non-appology accepted wink Perhaps my grandfather being gassed by the Germans during the Great War, and dying shortly after my fathers birth due to his weekened lungs has me slightly testy against the German military.

The German's definately know how to build cars and tools, but don't dismiss Eastern European's out of hand as not having contributed much to the world. When you look at art, culture, food and other contributions, the eastern europeans have added more than there share to the world.

And yes, I wholeheartedly agree that our military should be allowed to be a military, ie kill people and break stuff, kick their azz and then they'll respect us.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the clarification. Good point about the fact that the Wehrmacht, despite its reputation for discipline in other matters, gave carte blanche to the troops fighting on the Eastern Front. It really was open season on civilians. Conduct that would have led to a firing squad in France was ignored or actively condoned in Poland, the Ukraine and Russia.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
...It really was open season on civilians. Conduct that would have led to a firing squad in France was ignored or actively condoned in Poland, the Ukraine and Russia.

And I think the German civilians paid for that when the Red Army moved into Germany.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
in spades

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Eastern Europeans are also to be creditted with surviving and making substantial contibutions in the arts and sciences although wedged between between exansionist giants like Germany and Russia and earlier, Turkey. You are talking about monumental struggles for existence with stronger invaders, the like of which the US has never had to face. Think what being overrrun multiple times would have done for the US's ability to recover and excel in any field.

I laugh at a good Polish joke but not as hard after spending 30 years or so watching tose small nations fight to sustain their culture and idnetity under the USSR, KGB and Red Army fist.

Svaki chast!

1B

Last edited by 1B; 10/18/07.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1minute, 1234, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 13,775 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,276
Posts18,545,048
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.