Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Y’all are wise men. 👍 People who don’t live it just don’t understand it even though it’s simple. Congrats

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dale06
I’m not a dietitian, but I believe all these diets are not sustainable and likely not healthy.
In my “opinion” a balanced diet of vegetables, fruits, grains, and meats are the way to go.
It’s not so much what you eat, but how much you eat, relative to your physical activity, exercise.

I agree with this

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pullit
Originally Posted by dale06
I’m not a dietitian, but I believe all these diets are not sustainable and likely not healthy.
In my “opinion” a balanced diet of vegetables, fruits, grains, and meats are the way to go.
It’s not so much what you eat, but how much you eat, relative to your physical activity, exercise.

I agree with this

It’s what was the government line for decades, and what caused the massive weight and health crisis we have today.

The food pyramid was perfect…… had it been turned upside down.

The government diet recommendations were never based in science. The recommendations to reduce fat intake were never based in science. The recommendations to increase grain consumption were never based in science.

It was all a perfect demonstration project for group-think.

The science we’re seeing now clearly demonstrates that the “hunter / gatherer” type diets lead to lower bod weights, lower “life style diseases” such as heart ailments, vascular problems, strokes, diabetes, arthritis, acid reflux, blood pressure, the list goes on and on and on and on.

The science is simple. Make sure you get your monounsaturated fats (EPA, DHA, omega3, MCT’s, etc), usually from free range beef, pigs or chickens, from wild game and salt water fish and from nuts and olive oil. Get lots off anti-oxidants from large quantities of colorful vegetables and berries (many fruits are bred to be extremely high in sugars, which should be limited).

Diets are easy if you focus on what foods to increase, rather than what to cut out. But jut turn that food pyramid upside down, and you’ll be pretty close.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anything but Heinz???

And Dutch has a pretty good solution.

I just wish I could follow it better.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I believe the best long term diet is the Mediterranean diet.

Those people are seldom sick and live longer than most folks.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 13 invisible), 1,380 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.