Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 47 of 68 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 67 68
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Understanding Jealousy Around Others’ Success

It’s possible that people around you are doing amazing things, and even if you are too, you might still feel that jealousy running through your veins.

“At times, we can experience this tendency to compare ourselves to others, which can result in a sense of ‘I’m not enough’,” explains Rachel O’Neill, Ph.D. “To some extent, that tendency to both self-compare, as well as to feel inadequate, is natural. It becomes complicated when individuals start to feel bad about feeling inadequate or jealous.”

People with low self esteem are more likely to take offense to others’ accomplishments. However, with practice, you can get better at comparing yourself to others less often and build higher confidence. Additionally, you can learn to better understand and recognize your emotions. Plus, you have to remember that it’s totally okay to feel!

“Instead of focusing on stopping the emotion, focus instead on identifying what you’re feeling and giving yourself some space to simply feel it. It’s okay to experience feelings of jealousy or inadequacy in the face of other’s success,”

Lastly, to the extent possible, try to limit your social media use, especially during times when you find yourself especially vulnerable to self-comparison.”

I believe John can shoot, hunt, and probably build a decent rifle. This isn’t about jealousy or the low self esteem of me or others.

It’s about John attaching himself to individuals and a community of warriors who weren’t at Uvalde and acting like he was in an inner circle of knowledge about what took place before, and during the breaching of the school door.

Then beating down on anyone who had a question or voiced an opinion on the ‘static’ role most officers played while the shooter was still ‘hot’ inside the classroom.

Nothing more.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Looks real ?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

It’s possible that people around you are doing amazing things, and even if you are too, you might still feel that jealousy running through your veins.

“At times, we can experience this tendency to compare ourselves to others, which can result in a sense of ‘I’m not enough’,” explains Rachel O’Neill, Ph.D. “To some extent, that tendency to both self-compare, as well as to feel inadequate, is natural. It becomes complicated when individuals start to feel bad about feeling inadequate or jealous.”

People with low self esteem are more likely to take offense to others’ accomplishments. However, with practice, you can get better at comparing yourself to others less often and build higher confidence. Additionally, you can learn to better understand and recognize your emotions. Plus, you have to remember that it’s totally okay to feel!

“Instead of focusing on stopping the emotion, focus instead on identifying what you’re feeling and giving yourself some space to simply feel it. It’s okay to experience feelings of jealousy or inadequacy in the face of other’s success,”

Lastly, to the extent possible, try to limit your social media use, especially during times when you find yourself especially vulnerable to self-comparison.”

Is this a joke?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

That’s pretty phugin funny,... show us on the doll where the cool folks hurt you...
laffin’

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Damn, thanks for setting us all straight.

And all this time I was thinking Burns was just a blowhard, shameless self-promoter. You know, the kind of guy who'd use something like Uvalde to promote himself.

Don't I feel silly now.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Looks real ?

Looks kind of gay when you put it that way

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by smokepole

Damn, thanks for setting us all straight.

And all this time I was thinking Burns was just a blowhard, shameless self-promoter. You know, the kind of guy who'd use something like Uvalde to promote himself.

Don't I feel silly now.

Long winded way of saying kghunt

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Careful. Burns is going to log your IP address. For later. Ask you about your home. For a friend.

He threatened ta kill members of another forum, during a Nyquil-fueled bender.

From a distance, acourse, not face ta face.
No schit. Dude threatens to shoot people, then wonders why people don't use their real names on the internet.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Long winded way of saying kghunt

Kghunt???

That's just a long-winded way of saying cùnt.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dassa
Careful. Burns is going to log your IP address. For later. Ask you about your home. For a friend.

No schit. Dude threatens to shoot people, then wonders why people don't use their real names on the internet.

Ninety-nine percent of people who post here don't use their real names. Mainly because they're not pimping themselves so they don't have to.

Burns disses the 99%, but where does he run to when he has a "scoop" with "insider information" to show how bad-ass he is?

Right here, where according to him, 99% of posters are pussies. So he knocks himself out trying to impress a bunch of pussies. Makes sense to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
“Sometimes, people attack the successful because it’s the only way they know how to make themselves look better. I know this sounds weird, but it works in a messed-up way.

Attacking the accomplished is easier than working on making your own life better. And so, these individuals use successful people as stepping stones.

Believe it or not, some people put you down just to put the spotlight on themselves“

Why does someone denigrate the successful to feel better? Here are some reasons:

Low Self Esteem
Feel Threatened
An Objective
Want Others To Like Them
Desire To Feel Superior”

It’s ok. If you can’t work through it, there is help available

🙏🙏🙏

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

Ninety-nine percent of people who post here don't use their real names. Mainly because they're not pimping themselves so they don't have to.

Burns disses the 99%, but where does he run to when he has a "scoop" with "insider information" to show how bad-ass he is?

Right here, where according to him, 99% of posters are pussies. So he knocks himself out trying to impress a bunch of pussies. Makes sense to me.

LOL

So true!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“Sometimes, people attack the successful because it’s the only way they know how to make themselves look better. I know this sounds weird, but it works in a messed-up way.

Attacking the accomplished is easier than working on making your own life better. And so, these individuals use successful people as stepping stones.

Believe it or not, some people put you down just to put the spotlight on themselves“

Why does someone denigrate the successful to feel better? Here are some reasons:

Low Self Esteem
Feel Threatened
An Objective
Want Others To Like Them
Desire To Feel Superior”

It’s ok. If you can’t work through it, there is help available

🙏🙏🙏

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Link?

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Link?

Love to see it

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Wow, isn't GBB up yet? He had a rough night last night but damn. I miss him

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Link?

Already been posted.

No need for link.

Tater head won't deny it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Link?

Already been posted.

No need for link.

Tater head won't deny it.

Go ahead and post it up again, with context.

Page 47 of 68 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

696 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,839
Posts18,478,119
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.