Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I received my signed photo of Anne Sophie Mutter this day from Germany. The finest violinist in the world.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Synoptic; 07/19/22.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Very nice!! And a damn good violinist!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I would have loved to see her play with Jeff Lynn's Electric Light orchestra, he has had almost every other famous Violinest perform
in concert with him.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A wonderful violinist - always appreciate her playing and have a couple of important CDs of that. She became an excellent violinist while very young.

Actually enjoy her performances of sonata/chamber type compositions (more intimate/sensitive) and several works by contemporary composers more that than the larger scale older compositions.

What would be the factual basis for your assessment: "The finest violinist in the world."?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
FACT: Anne plays the stradivarius

Last edited by Synoptic; 07/19/22.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Synoptic,

The pic below your screen name stand for redstone arsenal?

If so I hear they're good people

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
What would be the factual basis for your assessment: "The finest violinist in the world."?

Maybe 2nd, The "best there's ever been" has a golden fiddle that he won in Georgia.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
But does she have a Guaneri? Josh Bell is pretty good and Ray Chen isn't bad either. She has both of them for looks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ms. Mutter owns more than one Strad, and another centuries-old old model, and a very recently built violin of very high quality. I very much appreciate her attitudes about live performances.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
This CD is amazing and a tribute to her talent. Track # 2 “Legende” is inspiration from God.

Attached Images
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lovely playing - virtuosity. Some beautiful works there.

The "Legende" you mention may have been inspired by God - the composer Wieniawski wrote it as a young man (a virtuoso himself) in an effort to impress the family of his girlfriend so they would give permission for marriage. I don't know whether that worked or not - but that piece is very standard repertoire for budding violinists as they move up through the literature.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
This is beauty, refined to the finest.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Excellent comments by Mutter regarding the fine points of rehearsing/conducting an ensemble to achieve unity in sound and effect. H. von Karajan was an absolute master of such work.

I believe it was he who first brought Mutter to the grand stage when she was still quite young. She said there that "girls were still girls" back then. Lovely.

As aside, felt that Bognar's piano rendition of the opening piece was rather stiff/square.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
@CCCC

She is truly a gem, with a heart of beauty. Her knowledge and vision are unequaled by any I have seen in this generation. I did not believe that she would garner any interest on this forum, nor would any have interest. However, you're quite knowledgeable about her. Yes, when women were women and Anne is surely a woman. Her heart is a testament unto her soul. You know, she does an abundance of charity work and has established a foundation; one that is real, unlike others seeking to gain recognition. There are others who play the violin, yet her accomplishments have surpassed the mainstream, even those prodigies of music.

Last edited by Synoptic; 07/20/22.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Look and See!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Synoptic
@CCCC

She is truly a gem, with a heart of beauty. Her knowledge and vision are unequaled by any I have seen in this generation. I did not believe that she would garner any interest on this forum, nor would any have interest. However, you're quite knowledgeable about her. Yes, when women were women and Anne is surely a woman. Her heart is a testament unto her soul. You know, she does an abundance of charity work and has established a foundation; one that is real, unlike others seeking to gain recognition. There are others who play the violin, yet her accomplishments have surpassed the mainstream, even those prodigies of music.

You might be surprised ( in a good way!), those who follow and are students of classical music on this forum! Looking forward to your future posts!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Wieniawski, What a genius! He died way way too soon as a young man.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by CCCC
Lovely playing - virtuosity. Some beautiful works there.

The "Legende" you mention may have been inspired by God - the composer Wieniawski wrote it as a young man (a virtuoso himself) in an effort to impress the family of his girlfriend so they would give permission for marriage. I don';t know whether that worked or not - but that piece is very standard repertoire for budding violinists as they move up through the literature.
Wieniawski, What a genius! He died way way too soon as a young man.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Go on YouTube and do a search for Rebecca Thumber, if you want to see a good looking German woman violinist. I can't get the videos to post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought that the only good looking female German musicians were tuba players.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,059
Posts18,501,193
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.