R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by smokepole
But seriously, if you can't see that using Uvalde to promote yourself is a chump move, you're as big a douche as Burns.

Congrats.

I completely agree, but he didn’t use Uvalde to promote himself like you say.

Go ahead and quote him doing that.

But you can’t and won’t.

You’ll just deflect with a reply that sounds like this: “If you can’t see it, you’re a (insert insulting name here) and I can’t help you”

Starting a thread showing pride in a friend who provided training to law enforcement that ended a mass shooter isn’t “promoting” yourself or your business. It’s promoting the guy who did the training and the good it did to help end the ordeal.

That’s how I read it, but then again, I’m not crotchety old bag looking for any minuscule inference to blow out of proportion to manufacture a schittstorm to make me feel better about myself by gaslighting the board.

I’m sure I can find some psychobabble that diagnoses the behavior perfectly

You think LEO succeeded in ending a mass shooting in Uvalde??? It would be like saying the crew of the Titanic successfully dealt with a sinking ship.

Oh, did the janitor go in and shoot the the whack job?

Go ask the families of the 20+ dead whether LEO was successful. ICEBERG, DEAD AHEAD!

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
But seriously, if you can't see that using Uvalde to promote yourself is a chump move, you're as big a douche as Burns.

Congrats.

But you can’t and won’t.

You’ll just deflect with a reply that sounds like this: “If you can’t see it, you’re a (insert insulting name here) and I can’t help you”

Starting a thread showing pride in a friend who provided training to law enforcement that ended a mass shooter isn’t “promoting” yourself or your business. It’s promoting the guy who did the training and the good it did to help end the ordeal.

That’s how I read it, but then again, I’m not crotchety old bag looking for any minuscule inference to blow out of proportion to manufacture a schittstorm to make me feel better about myself by gaslighting the board.

You think LEO succeeded in ending a mass shooting in Uvalde??? It would be like saying the crew of the Titanic successfully dealt with a sinking ship.

There is absolutely nothing about the actions of LEO’s on site that day to defend. Nothing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Congrats.

But you can’t and won’t.

Read the OP of this thread. Maybe you don’t see it? The majority of people saw it as a “hey, this is the guy who did it, he was trained by my best friend “A” and was using my best friend “B”’s sling.
Look here’s a pic of me with them, they just happen to be holding my proprietary rifle offering.

You got to admit it’s a little odd at the very least to try to somehow associate yourself with the supposed hero, then it turns out it’s mostly bad info and he doubles down.
He’s your buddy, and that’s your choice, but see it through the lens of someone that doesn’t know him other than the persona he projects on here.

☝🏽 Word ☝🏽

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Congrats.

But you can’t and won’t.

Janitor probably has bigger balls and would have gone in.

Clyde

P.S. If you meant that…..what a “dosh”

Last edited by BLG; 07/20/22.

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Burns, after waking and reading his posts...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

I don’t think there is that level of introspection.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He’s your buddy, and that’s your choice, but see it through the lens of someone that doesn’t know him other than the persona he projects on here.

I’ve never met John and I don’t know him any better than you do. My judgement of his character is through interaction with him here as well

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Link?

Love to see it

Go ahead and post it up again, with context.

Originally Posted by kingston
Link!!!

Yep

I hadn't known anything about it. I've wondered what all the hullaballooo was about around here.

And that's just what it looks like; exaggerated, blown out of proportion, hullaballoo.

LOL

Just laughing at molehills turned into the Andes by a bunch of persnickity old ladies. Typical internet cesspool stuff

And now you know, what battered spouse syndrome looks like.

clamuglia:

"It didn't happen!"

"It didn't happen!"

"It didn't happen the way you say!"

"OK, it happened, but it's no big deal."

"Well, it won't happen again."

Not on ar15.com, it won't, LOL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Springcove
Anyone with half a brain that has read this thread can see Burns was promoting himself and his products. You have to be completely myopic or blatantly ignorant to say otherwise.

Nothing wrong with promoting your business and products.... but, this was not the time or place to do that... I think John needs to rethink his promotion strategy

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Just laughing at molehills turned into the Andes by a bunch of persnickity old ladies. Typical internet cesspool stuff
No, you want to know what internet cesspool stuff is, it's a guy trying to use a tragedy like Uvalde to promote himself. and say "look at me."

We get it, he's your friend and you're defending him. But you'd do well to stop short of trying to minimize what he did.

Because when a shameless self-promoting trash talker like Burns tries to capitalize on something like Uvalde, and not only gets his facts wrong but doubles down, he's going to hear about it.

He's earned it.
Truth right there.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Link?

Love to see it

Go ahead and post it up again, with context.

Originally Posted by kingston
Link!!!

Yep

I hadn't known anything about it. I've wondered what all the hullaballooo was about around here.

And that's just what it looks like; exaggerated, blown out of proportion, hullaballoo.

LOL

And now you know, what battered spouse syndrome looks like.

clamuglia:

"It didn't happen!"

"It didn't happen!"

Yeah, he screams cuck.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I’ve never met John and I don’t know him any better than you do. My judgement of his character is through interaction with him here as well

I’ve never seen him show any character at all in his postings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"It didn't happen!"

"It didn't happen!"

Wow. The legalized weed is kicking in

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
"It didn't happen!"

"It didn't happen!"

Wow. The legalized weed is kicking in

Battered women find an excuse for everthing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You wanna be my friend?

I promise, if I dig a hole as deep as John has, I’d only ask that you come along and fill the hole in on my head.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am always on the side of the small business man.... but good grief.
I can't imagine this is a good marketing strategy...

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by irfubar
Anyone with half a brain that has read this thread can see Burns was promoting himself and his products. You have to be completely myopic or blatantly ignorant to say otherwise.

Nothing wrong with promoting your business and products.... but, this was not the time or place to do that... I think John needs to rethink his promotion strategy

Agreed. Wrong time and place.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by irfubar

It’s more character flaw than business problem.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It’s hard to not view the people he claims as friends in a new light. .

If I understand him correctly, which is hard to do with all of his creative writing, he said he's been texting back and forth Mike Glover. Mike Glover pointed out the folly of the officer that asked whether or not he was allowed to shoot. I wonder if Mike knows that John thinks he's an idiot.

Mike Glover likely had the wrong information when he opined. It’s obvious he did, because the man the cop had lined up wasn’t the shooter as new info emerged

I can assure you that Mike still thinks it's fugked up that the cop asked for permission to shoot from is supervisor. That's not the way shoot/don't shoot decisions are made and it's not how officers train.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by shootem
Hate to break up the fight, but it’s good to see there was at least one man there. He was fired on but didn’t retreat. He was wounded but didn’t withdraw and call for backup. He just killed the bastard.

I don’t give a damn whose feelings are getting hurt here, it’s irrelevant. This is about a man who answered the call no matter who brought attention to him. Thanks for posting. We need more heroes and fewer whiners.

Amen buddy. Thank god he went in when no one else there had the balls to. The other POS cops were handcuffing parents and doing other downright revolting schidt. Then you guys want to attack John Burns here on this thread. WTF? All I can say is I thought guys from Texas had some cajones. Obviously not..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by shootem
Hate to break up the fight, but it’s good to see there was at least one man there. He was fired on but didn’t retreat. He was wounded but didn’t withdraw and call for backup. He just killed the bastard.

I don’t give a damn whose feelings are getting hurt here, it’s irrelevant. This is about a man who answered the call no matter who brought attention to him. Thanks for posting. We need more heroes and fewer whiners.

Amen buddy. Thank god he went in when no one else there had the balls to. The other POS cops were handcuffing parents and doing other downright revolting schidt. Then you guys want to attack John Burns here on this thread. WTF? All I can say is I thought guys from Texas had some cajones. Obviously not..

Page 52 of 68 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1_deuce, 260madman, 1minute, 160user, 21, 222Sako, 56 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,514
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.