Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is no marijuana with 98% THC, not even refined oils have that percentage. 98% would be a distillate.

Beer has around 5% alcohol; wine about 13-14%, liquor 40% and up. Or cask strength, 151 Rum etc is up around 75%.

Do you want someone telling you that you can't have cask strength liquor because it's too strong?

Or that you really don't need a 30-round magazine?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I will not argue that alcohol is fine while marijuana is not. But the fact is that alcohol has been legal for a very long time, and marijuana has not. There is no need to legalize something else that causes so many societal problems.

According to the article I read, "normal" marijuana contains something like 2% THC. The stuff that growers have now developed can have as much as 98%. I'll have to find that article to be sure of those numbers, but they're close.

I don't know what THC levels were back before states started legalizing but I'd bet it was more than 2%. I have not seen or heard of any 98%THC mj (flower) or even concentrate for that matter.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As I said, I may have to find that article to verify the numbers, but what they're selling in Colorado now is incredibly potent.

If we say that "this" is okay, so why not that, then if "that" is okay, why not the other, and then if "the other" is okay... A line does have to be drawn somewhere. I'm fine with it being drawn between medicinal use of marijuana and recreational use.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You guys say you have never seen an ambitious or hard working pot smoker?

You also believe that churchy folks, sportsmen and all campfire people are Republicans.

It's the demographics....they don't lie.

Better than half the people you know are drinkers or pot smokers.

Some are both.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You can google "906 fire" and choose a location. All the products and their potency are listed.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by Mike_S
In places where it is legal, they are already seeing marijuana getting stronger and stronger, as people get desensitized and need ever stronger hits. Some of it is now so concentrated that if a first-timer tried it, he could die. Hospitals are reporting a sharp rise in MJ overdoses. People who now smoke it every day have brain damage. Also, just as predicted, highway accidents and death rates are soaring in those states.

That whole "it's harmless and non-addicting" line is crap.

Lot of not so in that. Not trying to glorify weed but issues with potency are usually because someone added a little something (they called it Illy here adding formaldehyde or even fentanyl). And those adding it are selling to the black community. Also seen some fake weed being sold that has god knows what in it. I put 30 years in a career fire department and my son is a paramedic and no one here in Connecticut are seeing that. Flame on.

Colorado is seeing it. That is increased THC not the things you mentioned and young people are dying.

Got a link? Could the deaths be vax related?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
As I said, I may have to find that article to verify the numbers, but what they're selling in Colorado now is incredibly potent.

If we say that "this" is okay, so why not that, then if "that" is okay, why not the other, and then if "the other" is okay... A line does have to be drawn somewhere. I'm fine with it being drawn between medicinal use of marijuana and recreational use.

The pot itself is potent but he really strong stuff is the concentrates. 26% is really high THC percentage in pot itself but concentrates can be way up there near 90% I have heard.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh no, strong pot, society is doomed......Laffin

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
https://www.kxii.com/2022/07/22/attempted-robbery-turns-deadly-thackerville/

Published: Jul. 22, 2022 at 12:05 PM CDT

THACKERVILLE, Okla. (KXII) - An attempted robbery turned fatal at Border Buds dispensary in Thackerville Thursday evening.

Deputies said they got a 911 call about shots fired around 9 p.m.

While in route, deputies said they were notified there was an attempted robbery of the dispensary. The report claimed 2 suspects and an employee exchanged gunfire.

Deputies said one of the suspects was found dead at the scene with multiple shot wounds from the employee.

Deputies cleared the building and canvased the area around the scene, but were unable to locate the second suspect.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation was later called to conduct an investigation.

According to the Love County Sheriff Office, the incident is an active ongoing investigation and not all facts are known or presented at this time.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
You stoners crack me up. People should be able to do whatever they want as long as they don't screw over other people doing it. Personally I can't take the skunk's azz smell LOL. To each his own.

Don't partake myself nowadays either. But, I'm a child of the sixties and seventies and know plenty of Boomers who are democrat single agenda voters because of all the laws against marijuana. Other than this, they would vote Republican probably.

IMHO.
This post is very disturbing.

It may endorse legalization.
But it kinda hints at the cost.

If the desire to make something legal, that can be easily bought illegally,
is so strong they vote that one issue.

While knowingly vote against everything that our country has stood for,
And in turn destroy it?

Just to be able to get high with stuff they bought at the corner store?

Says something about Weed Burners.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Winchester21
It's ALWAYS about money (taxes). ALWAYS.
They're going to do what they will. But I've never seen a doper that was a contributor to the world. Quite the opposite.
I dont use myself, but this isnt true anymore. Many kinds of pot out there these days that do not negatively affect your drive

Bullshit.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Winchester21
It's ALWAYS about money (taxes). ALWAYS.
They're going to do what they will. But I've never seen a doper that was a contributor to the world. Quite the opposite.
I dont use myself, but this isnt true anymore. Many kinds of pot out there these days that do not negatively affect your drive

Bullshit.

Joe Rogan is a regular user of marijuana and seems to be unusually productive for what he does. Rush Limbaugh was also using it for therapeutic purposes and while still cranking out content.

Recreational drug use is degenerate, but the affect on a person's productivity really depends on the person.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
You stoners crack me up. People should be able to do whatever they want as long as they don't screw over other people doing it. Personally I can't take the skunk's azz smell LOL. To each his own.

Don't partake myself nowadays either. But, I'm a child of the sixties and seventies and know plenty of Boomers who are democrat single agenda voters because of all the laws against marijuana. Other than this, they would vote Republican probably.

IMHO.
This post is very disturbing.

It may endorse legalization.
But it kinda hints at the cost.

If the desire to make something legal, that can be easily bought illegally,
is so strong they vote that one issue.

While knowingly vote against everything that our country has stood for,
And in turn destroy it?

Just to be able to get high with stuff they bought at the corner store?

Says something about Weed Burners.

Don't disagree with a single word you said. It's disgusting. And not patriotic at all.

In contrast to that, there are many that do partake and are quite patriotic. That includes probably hundreds here on this board. They have to acquire their stash illegally because if they bought at the pot stores, or had a medical marijuana card, it would ruin their ability to buy firearms legally when they have to answer questions on a 4473.

I, myself, have no issue with someone smoking marijuana in the privacy of their own home. I have seen both ends of the spectrum as far as work when it comes to marijuana users. Some will work like animals (eg: my ex Russian paratrooper neighbor and his girlfriend), and some are lazy fugks that won't get off the couch. I see no difference from this group and the normal spectrum of the American populace

Last edited by local_dirt; 07/23/22.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Supporting prohibition and organized crime is patriotic?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Supporting prohibition and organized crime is patriotic?

I can't Define people's ethics for them. I just want to know where they stand with totalitarians. Are they with me or against me when the rubber finally meets the road..

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The biden admin. are probably all stoned as spotted-ass-apes.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Noteworthy that the US Government was under the impression they couldn't outlaw the sale of alcohol without amending the Constitution, and did so. They did so because the power to outlaw a recreational drug didn't reside the Constitution. That makes it strictly a state affair. Yet, somehow, years later, the US Government decided to outlaw pot, and the fact that said authority didn't reside in the US Constitution didn't stop them. They felt no need to amend the Constitution to permit them to outlaw it.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Noteworthy that the US Government was under the impression they couldn't outlaw the sale of alcohol without amending the Constitution, and did so. They did so because the power to outlaw a recreational drug didn't reside the Constitution. That makes it strictly a state affair. Yet, somehow, years later, the US Government decided to outlaw pot, and the fact that said authority didn't reside in the US Constitution didn't stop them. They felt no need to amend the Constitution to permit them to outlaw it.
That’s an excellent point when put it those terms.

I’ve always believed that it should be a states rights issue but when put in the context of alcohol requiring an amendment to the constitution but other drugs especially marijuana being banned at the federal level without a constitutional amendment it really illustrates the hypocrisy of our government.

I haven’t smoked pot in 20 years and it was never really my thing but I don’t believe that it’s anymore harmful or problematic than alcohol. There’s a world of difference between hard drugs and a few tokes of pot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Fast forward to what the empty suit stool sample in the White House is doing with EO's to circumvent The Law. That geriatric pig and his court have no shame, or respect for the Constitution.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Online Mad
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by Raeford
"However, not every provision in this bill is so rosy. On top of the already hefty state taxes imposed on the industry, the bill would also institute a federal excise tax of 5 to 25% on cannabis. Obviously, this would be problematic for small cannabis businesses."

The 'why'

Hello black market.

We already have a black market as it is with turf wars.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 3,407 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.