JustinH, I'm sorry but I got some other post mixed up with where you live, Ill. right? e. Yah, about the skin color, when I was young my Mom raised miniture Pooples and the one's that had a pink pigment to thier skin got sunburned even here in Western Wa.! Some of the darker haired dogs had more of a brown hue the thier skin, and it seemed like the darker the hair the darker the skin color was. I also seen some dogs with a mixed color to them, like a pinto effect<BR>Az. is not a place for the weak at heart. I wouldn't even consider hunting there until at least mid November up until Febuary. For 20 years my Aunt & Uncle went down in the winter to Yuma {retirement capitol of the S.W.} and said the weather was every nice and comfortable. Az. has a winter Quail & Dove season and I'd love to someday go camp out for a week and hunt my heart out!<BR>Magnum freak, Thanks for asking. I own a Red Setter! This will be our first year out. I'm very excited to have a dog now. He's a two year old male and birdy as all getout.... About NSTRA I joined a club in my home town and went to 5 different events in 2000 & spring 2001 just to watch and meet others. Not knowing very much about dog training & dog work, I decided to bring my video camera & film some braces. I then took them home and reviewed what I had filmed. I was amazed and in total uutter shock at what I had filmed! <BR> These dogs were not holding there points very long or at all, were chasing and some catching the birds, and being shot at, right over their heads! From slowing down the tape some were even peppered on the back.... I will never have my dog entered in one of these competitons! Some of these were "Fun" trials but I still say a dog is never going to learn to be steady at anything, as long as it runs in one of these competitons. I knowthe rules say that a dog only has to be steady on point after "find" is called and can break on the flush. I can't believe how close most shots are being made to the dog.... To me this is not the thing I want to get involved with,it's crazy and some of the people their were down right stuck-up! <BR> Mine is gonna be trained to be steady to point, wing, and shot. He's half way there allready! I'm a hunter, not a compediter, too much politics. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img]<BR>The only competition I want to see is, my dog & Wild birds!