Print Thread
Hop To
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Are there any good "pure" Gun Stores near Lake Hood, in Spenard, Alaska....??

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell of a lotta folks been shot in Spenard but I don't know of a gun store there.

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by VernAK
Hell of a lotta folks been shot in Spenard but I don't know of a gun store there.

Seems to me a lot of people are getting shot all over Alaska, and yes especially Anchorage.

Speaking of gun stores, I was in Great Northern Guns a few months ago and was very disappointed with what the new owner has done with the shop. I worked there for nine years and shopped there for 53 years, but I'll not likely go back there. Looks and feels like an overstuffed Pawn Shop..........SAD.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Not so long ago there was one on Spenard Ave., don’t know if I would classify it as “good “ never stopped in there. Don’t even know if it is still open. I imagine more gun transactions occurred in the parking lots of PJs and Chilkoot Charlie’s than in any licensed dealers.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!

Isaiah 6:8
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Many years ago there was a gunstore/pawn shop, on Spenard. I only went in there once and wasn't impressed but they did have some guns. Don't remember the name of the store, it was on the south side of the street as I recall.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I recall the use of the term "Spenard Divorce" when I lived there. Term is pretty self explanatory.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Many years ago there was a gunstore/pawn shop, on Spenard. I only went in there once and wasn't impressed but they did have some guns. Don't remember the name of the store, it was on the south side of the street as I recall.

You talking about gunrunners in the late 90's

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Protec was on the far side of Spenard near International back in the early 1990s. They sold a lot of tacticool stuff. There was an Army Navy Store on Spenard near PJs that had the best German and Swedish Military sweaters. Those suckers were the ultimate mid layer. It is sad to hear about GNGs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never saw a gun store on Spenard but there was a gun and pawn shop along C street I wanted to get into. Never made it. The wife wasn't interested. It was on C street not too far from Tudor Rd. Really nothing is too far from the airport or lake Hood. The town is not that big.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,860
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.