Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Squidge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...assive-wind-turbine-fire-in-north-texas/

CROWELL, Texas – A lightning storm caused quite a shocking scene after it zapped a massive wind turbine in North Texas, setting it ablaze before it came tumbling down.

Shortly after being struck, the wind turbine continued to spin, sending the flames in a loop and leaving rings of smoke behind.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Well now, that’s hot.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have always wondered are these things Insured, or do they have a note on them. nevermind it's probably the taxpayer that foots the bill.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That was awesome.

History repeats it's self.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There goes about 3.5 million!

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Clean energy.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hmmmmm- - - - -windmills can't stand heat, cold, or thunderstorms- - - - -gotta be dummycraps, right?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How did the lightning hit it if it was spinning? /s

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by granitestate1
I have always wondered are these things Insured, or do they have a note on them. nevermind it's probably the taxpayer that foots the bill.

Yeppers! You got THAT right!
If "Black Jesus" hadn't mandated that power companies purchase wind/solar, there would be a few million less of the damned things screwing up the landscape! 🤬

Point # 1
The (d)'s want to cry that the Gov't should not subsidize fossil fuels.... but it's okay that the Gov't subsidizes wind and solar! 🐎💩!
At least the Gov't gets something back out of fossil fuels in the form of road and highway taxes.
Wind and solar provide no revenue back into the economy and are unreliable as hell!

Point #2
Those wind turbine blades are made of fiberglass due to weight restrictions.
Guess what?
The resins in fiberglass are petroleum based..... as are probably 99.5% of all wind turbine/solar panel components!
No "petro"?
No "Green Nude Eel"!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Far as I’m concerned, that could happen to every one of those ugly ass mofos. They phuque up the scenery worst that any messkin subdivision

Last edited by kaywoodie; 07/23/22.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Squidge
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...assive-wind-turbine-fire-in-north-texas/

CROWELL, Texas – A lightning storm caused quite a shocking scene after it zapped a massive wind turbine in North Texas, setting it ablaze before it came tumbling down.

Shortly after being struck, the wind turbine continued to spin, sending the flames in a loop and leaving rings of smoke behind.

That's pretty cool to watch. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
On a wind farm how many acres does each wind generator require? I assume no food production can take place on the land designated as a wind farm?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
On a wind farm how many acres does each wind generator require? I assume no food production can take place on the land designated as a wind farm?

I hunt a number of farms with windmills in the middle of the crop fields. They sure seem a lot bigger (and noisier) when you're standing under one than they look from the expressway.

They are a blight on the landscape and I hate seeing 'em go up in the Kansas Flint Hills.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Hmmmmm- - - - -windmills can't stand heat, cold, or thunderstorms- - - - -gotta be dummycraps, right?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is this one of those "too big to fail" thingys?

G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Very little land is taken out of production on a wind farm. About the only thing lost is the tower site, and road to it. Plus there is a few acres for an electric substation for the wind farm to interconnect to a transmission line. You can farm, and cattle can graze right up to the base of tower. My son is a sky cowboy (works for a wind farm). What most people don't know is the amount of dino oil a tower requires. The hydraulic system alone holds about 80 gal. But the greenies think wind power is the answer for everything.

G23

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by G23

Very little land is taken out of production on a wind farm. About the only thing lost is the tower site, and road to it. Plus there is a few acres for an electric substation for the wind farm to interconnect to a transmission line. You can farm, and cattle can graze right up to the base of tower. My son is a sky cowboy (works for a wind farm). What most people don't know is the amount of dino oil a tower requires. The hydraulic system alone holds about 80 gal. But the greenies think wind power is the answer for everything.

G23
OK, I'm glad at least food production can continue.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Carbon footprint in that smoke?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That thing was making some pretty cool smoke rings before it all fell apart. What I don't understand is with so many windmills around now that they must have to some type of lightning protection system engineered in from the start. Anything that tall made mostly of metal that stands out in an open area is gonna get struck by lightning sooner or later. But then; I once thought all windmills could survive cold temperatures and ice storms, too. Until they had a rough winter in Texas.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That SOB went all Tesla and chit!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (10ring1, 16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,552 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,504
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.