Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They need to just get out of the way of private business and quit over regulating every single thing.

I don't want our current govt "investing" our tax $$$ on ANYTHING. They get to pick the winners that way.

This.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Didn't the goobermint "invest" in Solyndra a while back? Remember how well that worked?

Is Solyndra still going strong today ??

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Dumbass, it was Zero and your D buds who sent big tech oversess in the first place with high taxes, piles of red tape including dimocrap hiring and non firing laws.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/23/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I say the more chips, the better! I really like the wavy kind.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by SCRUBS
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They need to just get out of the way of private business and quit over regulating every single thing.

I don't want our current govt "investing" our tax $$$ on ANYTHING. They get to pick the winners that way.

This.

I’ve got no problem with government investing tax$ in infrastructure like transportation, interstates, air ports, other federal highways type things.

I believe that just maybe we’ve realized secure, dependable Chip Production is in fact a part of critical infrastructure for our nation in today’s hi-tech world. It’s a big piece of what moves our nation forward. Consider the necessary chip production for just our military.

Jmo

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to save the 52 billion and simply declare that Taiwan's chip industry is essential to our national interest and any interference with such will bring a US military response?
You know, like the middle eastern oil we've gone to war for numerous times.

$0 spent, problem solved.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to save the 52 billion and simply declare that Taiwan's chip industry is essential to our national interest and any interference with such will bring a US military response?
You know, like the middle eastern oil we've gone to war for numerous times.

$0 spent, problem solved.

With Taiwan producing 66% of the world’s production there’d be little need to declare what’s obvious.

And Taiwan is just a little close to that breakaway republic on the mainland right across the Strait .

Jmo

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We'll be confronting China sooner or later.
Sooner is almost always better.
In another 10 years our entire military will be female, queers and transgenders.

Last edited by NVhntr; 07/23/22.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by NVhntr
We'll be confronting China sooner than later.
Sooner is almost always better.
In another 10 years our entire military will be female, queers and transgenders.

I think you’re exactly right and we’d be dealing with a lot more of their crap right now if it wasn’t for their very large economic and social problems that have them somewhat strapped at the moment and for a while.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Looking like The proposed “Chip Act” now has good bipartisan support and traction for investing 52 billion$ to bring ‘crucial chips manufacturing’ back home to the USA.

Presently the US has 12% of the total world chip production market while Taiwan controls 66% of the world chip production market .

CBS News, Fox, WSJ
You can’t be serious, I mean really.

Nothing that our elected officials in DC does is designed to help America and Americans, NOTHING, especially this Administration.

You get a lot of flack from other members here for being a sock puppet and a dumb ass, but this has got to be the dumbest F*cken, most ignorant and naive post from you yet.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Very stupid idea! What are the chip makers we have left going to do with that money? The Feds will decide who will get the money and will tell them exactly what do do with it. Our chip makers can't compete in the world markets because of the cost of our government (taxes, environmental permits, affirmative action and etc.). If the Feds gave one of their friends several billion dollars to build to a certain chip it would take a year or more to build the facility. I worked at Motorola for a year and it took the whole year to build a new FAB (that's what they called it). They hired hundreds of people to work in it but there was no place for them to park so they had to rent some property and bus the workers to and from the property.

Any new chip making facility will probably have to use green energy. The Motorola plant I worked on was on 250 acres and they used so much electricity that the power company built a transmission line to the property while I was working there and installed a substation just for them. Making chips is not something that can happen overnight. I'm sure there are were bigger chip making plants than this one but it had NINE 500 horsepower air compressors in one building just for all the air tools the FABs used.

This plant had no longer in operation.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The chip manufacturers see the writing on the wall. They know that Taiwan will soon be in the hands of the Chinese and that China will limit sales of Taiwan made chips to western countries.

There's all kinds of opportunities for American manufacturers in the upcoming "new world order".

Because of all the bullshit that the U.S. government has pulled on the world, once the eastern alliance gets established, they're going to exclude the U.S. and Western Europe from much of their trade.

The globalists have made America a pariah in the eyes of much of the world. In the "not so distant" future, if America wants something, it's going to have to make it in America,....just like it used to do before the globalists turned America's manufacturing ability over to China for 30 pieces of silver.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The chip manufacturers see the writing on the wall. They know that Taiwan will soon be in the hands of the Chinese and that China will limit sales of Taiwan made chips to western countries.

There's all kinds of opportunities for American manufacturers in the upcoming "new world order".

Because of all the bullshit that the U.S. government has pulled on the world, once the eastern alliance gets established, they're going to exclude the U.S. and Western Europe from much of their trade.

The globalists have made America a pariah in the eyes of much of the world. In the "not so distant" future, if America wants something, it's going to have to make it in America,....just like it used to do before the globalists turned America's manufacturing ability over to China for 30 pieces of silver.

The fight and struggle for supremacy is eternal and is as old as mankind itself . Just the way it is.

Your warnings are more than relevant by my reckoning but meanwhile the USD$ seems to reign on top. That says something in today’s world and look at gold in these inflationary times for comparison.

None of this would be happening like it now is had the 2020 elections been honest.

Jmo

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think when China takes over Taiwan we are going to wish we in shored chip production. We are at war with China, most of the US hasn't figured it out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Insider trading setup- - - - - -but only if Pelosi lets any of her buddies in on the action!

Question: In a free market capitalist economic structure, why are we as taxpayers repeatedly FORCED to subsidize wealthy American corporations?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Kabuki theater.

It’s worst than That ..
Take the Chips out of Taiwan then what Happens..
A Peaceful Transfer of Power ..
Hahaha Hahaha

They do think your a Bunch of Coconuts ..
Cornpones South of the Line of Northern Aggression..

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by akrange
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Kabuki theater.

It’s worst than That ..
Take the Chips out of Taiwan then what Happens..
A Peaceful Transfer of Power ..
Hahaha Hahaha

They do think your a Bunch of Coconuts ..
Cornpones South of the Line of Northern Aggression..

Ask the good people of Hong Kong about ‘peaceful transfers of power’.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dont believe the ChiComs will ever "go to war" with us. Would not be good for their economy to lose the $ from everything they import here. They will simply OWN us and make us grovel at their feet for necessary goods!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,104
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.