Print Thread
Hop To
N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Had to report a pistol stolen just now. Looks like someone may have taken it out of my van. I just found out my power door locks arn't working right and checked for the pistol that was there, and it wasn't. Called the wife and kids just in case, but no. Double checked mt gun area's and tore the van apart, no good. Was told if it turns up here somewhere they can undo the lost / stolen report.

Last edited by corelokt; 10/18/07.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bad deal, personally I never leave a handgun loaded where it is out of my control. Unloaded ones are kept in a safe.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Happened to me too quite a few years ago. May all gun thieves die painful lingering deaths just before going to hell.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Sorry to hear.....big bummer.

I had my G23 on me while visiting a buddy and some azzhole broke into my '67 Barracuda and trashed it. He got my loaded spare G23 mag, that was it. My badge w/picture was left open on the seat.....I expect he recognized me and decided against spending any further time in my rig.,,,,,wise choice.

Feels bad, pizzes you off....I know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my university "friends" stole my Iver Henriksen custom Mauser .458 Winchester shortly after I got it. Fortunately, the campus cop � veteran LEO � knew some likely hiding places to look for it and found it that same evening. Never did learn who'd stolen it.

I'll never forget the feeling from opening the closet and noticing that it wasn't there. Rape � much, much worse, of course � must stimulate kindred feelings.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sorry to hear of your loss.. Just a thought but there's a locking gun case for handguns that has a steel cable tether you can wrap around the seat anchors. I THINK it's a special steel cable that defeats most normal efforts at removal/cutting but I'm not sure..

I'd have to find the link.. It may be on packing.org's website..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Sportsmans Guide usually has those cases.

Acts 10:9-13
My hunting journal:
pete.scpredatorcontrol.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I lost a ruger 22/45 from my truck years ago.

After a couple months, I finally reported it stolen to insurance company. They called and were ready to send me a check, a couple more weeks after that.

Then I get a phone call from a sheriff down in Missouri. Seems one of his deputy's found what turned out to be my Ruger, laying on the yellow line along some hiway in Missouri. They ran a check and found out it was mine. I stopped the check and got my pistol back.

I wish you the same luck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have two security doodads for carrying a handgun in a vehicle �

One � bolted to the floor or fire wall � runs a short, heavy rod through the trigger guard and has a hole for a padlock in the end of the rod.

The other is a small safe (about 4 x 8 x 12 inches) that bolts to the floor or fire wall from the inside of the safe.

Neither is for use while you're in the vehicle, but they're great for when you're away from it.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
One of my university "friends" stole my Iver Henriksen custom Mauser .458 Winchester shortly after I got it. Fortunately, the campus cop � veteran LEO � knew some likely hiding places to look for it and found it that same evening. Never did learn who'd stolen it.

I'll never forget the feeling from opening the closet and noticing that it wasn't there. Rape � much, much worse, of course � must stimulate kindred feelings.

Well said.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
If it was the back door lock that doesn't work, you have to clean the electrical contacts beside the door hinges. I have to check my suburban back door electric locks quite frequently. Hope this helps. I HATE THIEVES!

N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
The back locks, don't unlock. I can live with that. Drivers has become manual only... Well, O.K. Now passager looks like it's working, but not fully actuating, that got me a stolen gun apparently, unless it turns out I put it away somewhere safe, then well, DUH!

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
bummer! aren't you having 308 troubles too ??

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A few years back, I was working out of town and apparently the word got out to the local slimeballs, and someone got up the nerve to pick the lock on my storage. Property stolen included an outboard motor, a wolfskin parka, lots of quality fishing gear, some furniture and three handguns - a Smitty M629 and M17, and an old nickeled Colt Detective Special .38 snubby.

I filed a report with all serial numbers, but nothing ever happened. After a while the Juneau police department let me know they had stopped investigating the case -- at the time they had a fancy new police station to pay for, and were apparently far more interested in collecting speeding fines and arresting drunk drivers than investigating felony thefts that didn't bring in any revenue.

A few years later on, I got in touch with the JPD and inquired as to where the case had gone - I spoke with a detective who had indeed located the Colt, and his first question was had I ever altered the pistol. Turns out it had been seized from a drug dealer and had been threaded, presumably for a silencer!! Another nail in that prick's coffin, but nothing ever turned up on the other guns - and of course I can't ever get the Colt back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by yeselk
If it was the back door lock that doesn't work, you have to clean the electrical contacts beside the door hinges. I have to check my suburban back door electric locks quite frequently. Hope this helps. I HATE THIEVES!

I have a 99 Suburban that has "sticky" door locks. The rear barn doors are key lock only, and the others (besides the ds door) are hit and miss. I found this out two weeks ago when I came out to go to work one morning, and noticed the arm rest down on the drivers seat. I am too, uhm, ample to use the arm rest, so I knew it wasn't my doing. also noticed the ashtray was pulled open. Some crankster looking for change probably. Surefire light, spare G30 mag, and all of my Sons of The San Joaquin cd's were still in the console. I lucked out and learned a lesson. Check the locks visually.

"Doing right isn't always easy but it is always right."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 67 invisible), 3,014 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,355
Posts18,488,003
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.