-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's maybe only an errant thought, but I can easily see RP as someone with lasting power after the upcoming elections if he will simply focus more on the subject of Federalism.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

And the idea that democrats are becoming independents in any measurable number to vote for Ron Paul is so nutty I really can't believe you said it.

You really need to start keeping up with current trends.

There's a huge groundswell of disinfranchised anti-war Democrats who have registered Republican in order to vote for Ron Paul.

http://buzzfeed.com/buzz/Democrats_for_Ron_Paul

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/10/democrats-for-r.html

In fact, the GOP leadership in some states advanced their registration dates to stem the flow of those who were changing their party affiliation in order to vote for Ron Paul.

So Ron Paul's candidacy is rebuilding the tattered remains of the GOP.

Republicans should be rejoicing!,... Instead, there are many like you, Steve,.. who would rather see Hillary elected than Ron Paul.

It's shameful, actually.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Steve,

There are only two options in this presidential race,despite the howls of protest to the contrary.

Vote for the Republican nominee and have a chance to elect a person who will fight tax increases,gun control,surrender in the middle east and put conservatives in the federal courts.

Vote for anybody else and thereby decrease the odds of a conservative of any stripe winning. The practical effect of which is the same and it is chilling. Madam President Clinton. To think otherwise is folly.

Britt

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Check out this recent poll from a hardcore Democrat site if you think that Democrats won't cross party lines to vote for a true anti Iraq war president.

You're witnessing the rebirth of the Representative Republic,...

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/9/27/212148/538

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Now you understand the truth behind Hillary's lukewarn numbers in Boston, Steve,...

But I'm sure I'll have to explain it yet again.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
we saw that when you posted it a month ago, and I wouldn't be bragging that a bunch of America haters say they prefer Ron Paul to Hillary......why don't you post some of the other good stuff from the site? They sure don't prefer Ron Paul to their own leftie surrenderistas. And they would never vote for him in a real election.

Clicking RP on a demo nutroots site is not the same as actually voting for a libertarian who opposes everything they believe in on the domestic side......well, aside from legal drugs and no capital punishment.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Now you understand the truth behind Hillary's lukewarn numbers in Boston, Steve,...

No, YOU don't understand. Hillary wasn't running. A full-out cut and run democrat congressional candidate ran against a stay the course republican for an open seat in one of the most liberal districts in America and barely won. That, old buddy, is the fact. Real numbers, real voters, real election. Out in real America, beyond the suburbs of Boston, the anti-war candidate would have lost. Americans are just not into surrenders.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
we saw that when you posted it a month ago, and I wouldn't be bragging that a bunch of America haters

I would call them a group of Democrats who have been slapped in the face by reality,... the reality that they're not being represented by their elected leadership,... so they're going to vote for someone who *will*,.. and it's not going to be a Democrat!

And you're bitchin' about it!

That's traditionally been the origin on young Republicans.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

No, YOU don't understand. Hillary wasn't running. A full-out cut and run democrat congressional candidate ran against a stay the course republican for an open seat in one of the most liberal districts in America and barely won. That, old buddy, is the fact. Real numbers, real voters, real election. Out in real America, beyond the suburbs of Boston, the anti-war candidate would have lost. Americans are just not into surrenders.

Enough with the talking points.

Americans are sick of the lies, they're sick of the globalist agenda,..they're sick of the war and most of all, they're sick of Republicans,.. except for Ron Paul.

Nominate any of the other stuffed shirt quasi conservatives running for the GOP nomination this round and the GOP is ka-PUT,...maybe never to return.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Americans are sick of those that think surrendering our position as leaders in the world somehow benefits us....it doesn't. Imagine the world without America engaged in efforts to have freedom everywhere. Think Communists would ease back? Terrorists, ease back? Iran? Come on!

RP is nowheresville.......

All American

All the time
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
guess again!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results/

And notice that Ron Paul has won 7 of the last 8 straw polls that's been held,.... mostly with very significant percentages.

There's a word for that,.. it's called "momentum".

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Reality is just a talking point to Paulistas. Oh, Lord, please not another Ron Paul straw poll. Don't you think it might be significant that no real poll ever gives him more than a few percentage points? Do you really believe there is an industry wide conspiracy to underreport support for Ron Paul, and thus undercut the poller's own credibility to keep Brother Ron down and prevent him from saving the Republic? And who are these evil ones? Trilateralists, Freemasons, Federal Reservists, Jews? Who has the power to manipulate EVERY poll?

There's a term for it....paranoid delusions. A simpler one...losers.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

You're not embarassed to put that up? The picnic polls? The straw polls at Paulista gatherings? GMAFB, man. wink

Here's a summary of real polls:

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/

RP is still where he's been all along, in the pack with the second tier. I note that in the liberal anti war state of New York he's got a big old 1%.....must be that democrat surge you keep talking about.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Don't you think it might be significant that no real poll ever gives him more than a few percentage points?

I knew I'd have to explain it to you again.,... but not right now.

I'll wait until your next round of delusional postings.

But can you tell me,.. what's the biggest crowd that either Fred Thompson, Mitt Romney, or Rudy Giuliani has drawn?

Dr Paul filled up a 1500 seat auditorium in Nashville. a couple of weeks back and drew a crowd of 2000 in Michigan.

There's were about 800 with him in New Hampshire.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the rally in Boston on the 27th generates.

That could be huge.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't question the commitment level of his disciples, nor their cult-like devotion. But the numbers are just not there. No matter how committed they are, there aren't many of them.

And no matter how fervent a Paulista may be, he still only counts as one vote.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Here's what it's gonna be. The republican voters who aren't voting for Dr Paul will stay home,.. and the anti war Democrats who are sick of Hillary (and there's a LOT of them)will cross over and vote for Dr Paul.

This guy sure ain't goin' anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n70nDi4XRC8

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
And then the good witch will bless all the children and give them puppies and ponies and ice cream......and monkeys will fly out my butt.

Have you drunk so much RP Kool-aid you can't hear how crazy you sound with these scenarios? Dude, the guy is an also-ran among the also rans. Whatever you think about his platform or his virtues, you need to get a grip on the reality of his level of support.....otherwise I fear we may have to do an intervention on you after the first few primaries. But probably you'll have some new conspiracy theory....Diebold stole the election or something.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Now don't be gettin' all worked up.

There'll always be somebody somewhere getting killed that you can satisfy that bloodlust with. It doesn't *always* have to be Americans.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Steve NO - get a life man.....you really got a thing for this Ron Paul fellow. You talk more about him than anyone else on this board.Or anywhere else for that matter.

It's kinda like the conservative talk radio guys always talking about Hillary. It's either free advertising or infatuation.

Which is it for you?

Say, are you one of those troll fellers that haunt these kind of places?

All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. � Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (2 Cranch) 137 (1803)
NRA LIfe Member
GOA
SAF
CCRKBA
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,286
Posts18,486,887
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.