Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sledder
Wow Bart,so much for you behaving on here.

I'm surprised you chimed in....
I thought that you were having too much fun with your filthy PM's...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
hadn't much noticed him until I started looking at this thread...which I had ignored for days just because 1nutter was so incoherent and disruptive it wasn't worth looking at. I can see your point, though, based on the last few pages.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Lots of good data here folks, but I'll just comment on the 60k/annum for the average autoworker according to your figures. That's more than the starting salary for many professions including mine. A Navy Lt Aviator back then did not make that much and he had a four year college degree, almost three years of flight training, a supervisory position as a Division or Branch Officer in a Squadron supervising anywhere from 20 to 60 men, Spent many months deployed away from home & family not to mention night carrier landings smile

I'd be interested to know what the starting salaries were in 1997 numbers for:
A.doctors
B.lawyers
C.engineers
D.CPAs
E.college professors
That wasn't the starting salary. That was the "average salary". There were WAY MORE people that had been there for a while making top rate then there were new hires.

Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Jorge am thinking the 60k includes overtime. IIRC as a skilled trades worker my hourly rate was less than $27.00 an hour back in 97. There are years I made more than 60k, at the same time I was working darn near 3000 hours a year.
Yes that was working overtime. Our plant worked 6 and 7 days a week back then (some departments still do to this day). More often then not it was mandatory (and some times it still is). I believe the production rate was just under $20 an hour plus cost of living and piece work.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
funny how it don't take long to figure out who'd you enjoy a brew with ain't it.

there's several of you it'd be a pleasure for me to buy you a cold one.

Including the guy that pays the bills round these parts.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I think 1nutter is having enough problems with his own computer....now...not that I did anything....

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey - thanks, Rick! Sorry this thread got tainted.

Ngrumba -
The consumer doesn't care if it's mgt, the union or what - they want value for the $$. When unionized products cost more and you are getting less - you spend you money elsewhere. Simple economics. Chysler/GM/Ford are bleeding red ink. Toyota and Honda are making money hand over fist. hmmmmmm---wonder why?

The cost thing made a lot of difference back when Japanese cars weren't so great (yes - I remember those days). Now - not so much. There are some "Japanese" cars that cost as much or more than comparable "American" cars, yet still sell well. Many people (like myself) shop quality first and price second. Those of us who can afford it tend to do that as we age and tire of dealing with stuff that fails prematurely or is otherwise hard to live with.

Union labor can't break a company that is run by competent management. And the Management is the company. They set the agenda and the tone for everything.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 222ND, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,704
Posts18,513,844
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.