Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
And pm BSA1917 if there are any questions on timers/holsters etc.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Let's do it this way...the 44 has killed alotta Bears. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
After the first mag, my youngest two were all in on the G44. Daughter was going John Wick on the steel and loving it. Youngest boy was mad that he couldn't keep up with her.

May be the best "grin per $" purchase I've made in a while.

JM,

Far be it from me to offer parenting advice as all my kids hate me.

But if you wanna have a lot of fun run a timer on some steel or paper and have them do "one-reload-one."

For whatever reason kid love it. Most adults do too if they're not lazy.

All you need is one empty mag and one full mag. Let them use their pockets if you don't have a mag carrier. If you don't have a holster on a belt get a holster on a belt.

We played around with dropping a mag, tap one home, slide release and empty another. Pockets were used for the second mag but it was starting gun in hand. They were loving it. They each had to use a second thumb for help on the slide release.

No timers used but I can see them in the future. I think I have enough G19 holsters to equip several families.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
We played around with dropping a mag, tap one home, slide release and empty another. Pockets were used for the second mag but it was starting gun in hand. They were loving it. They each had to use a second thumb for help on the slide release.

No timers used but I can see them in the future. I think I have enough G19 holsters to equip several families.

You gotta have a timer.

They'll love it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Just snagged myself a Glock 44 today!

IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I would not hesitate to get a Glock 44 and probably will before too long as I love my Glock 19 and it is my main CCW Pistol.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
After the first mag, my youngest two were all in on the G44. Daughter was going John Wick on the steel and loving it. Youngest boy was mad that he couldn't keep up with her.

May be the best "grin per $" purchase I've made in a while.

JM,

Far be it from me to offer parenting advice as all my kids hate me.

But if you wanna have a lot of fun run a timer on some steel or paper and have them do "one-reload-one."

For whatever reason kid love it. Most adults do too if they're not lazy.

All you need is one empty mag and one full mag. Let them use their pockets if you don't have a mag carrier. If you don't have a holster on a belt get a holster on a belt.

Thanks for the tips.

I picked up two of them last year as trainers for the kids and they have worked out very well. Initially I was concerned the light wt. of the pistols wasn't going to crossover well as far as handling compared to G17's but the little extra recoil created by the lower wt. makes up for it and also forces the shooter to be more diligent in making hits.

G44's and .22lr conversions for Ar's make for great training tools for economical training time and fun for the whole family....( sounds like a a Popeils Pocket Fisherman Ad!?)

Last edited by SBTCO; 07/26/22.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've (daughters and I) had a S&W MP22 for several years. We like it a lot, matter of fact we (I) have considered buying another.

We looked at the G44 when it came out, but the MP22 is very reliable and sturdy and in comparison to the G44, feels more like a centerfire handgun.

That being said, if the G44 had been out and we had bought it first, we would have never tried the MP22.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The 44 is for sure some cheap fun, I like mine

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I don’t know what compelled me to read this thread after ignoring it for so long. The last thing I need is another.22 rimfire pistol, but it looks like that’s where I’m headed… damn.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
The training and familiarity carry over to a G19 for new shooters was the reason for me looking originally. Have to say it's a ton of fun, accurate, reliable, and it's been getting A LOT of use since I grabbed one...wish I had thought about one sooner.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'm tempted but will wait for a more than 10rd clip, but I doubt that will happen. I know the first batches of the 44s had a bunch of issues. My smith m&p compact 22 has been wonderful.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had a S&W compact and it was a great gun too, I just prefer the G44 and last week picked up a second one just to shoot suppressed.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by TWR
I had a S&W compact and it was a great gun too, I just prefer the G44 and last week picked up a second one just to shoot suppressed.

I just picked up the delta adapter for my compact, just got to try it out suppressed now.

Dont know why glock doesn't offer a threaded barrel version of the 44. By the 44 and then you gotta drop 150 on a barrel.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by killerv
I'm tempted but will wait for a more than 10rd clip, but I doubt that will happen. I know the first batches of the 44s had a bunch of issues. My smith m&p compact 22 has been wonderful.

The Promag 18 is an option. Stick mentioned it hurts reliability and I agree. I've had a couple of fail to eject/feed with it after a lot of rounds....but I've not had any issues with the Glock 10 round mags. At any rate, it's a more than 10 option that's available. While killin' steel, having to clear one on occasion isn't a big deal to me.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've not handled or shot one. Quick online search shows they're the same size (holsters, etc) as a G19. Anyone using one? Pro's/con's?

I'm guessing there are "better" rimfire pistols out there depending on what someone wants, but after letting some new shooters shoot several handguns this past weekend I got to thinking about the familiarity that the same gun in .22 would provide as they worked up. I started them with a 22/45 and then let them move to a G19....not a huge jump for folks used to basic controls but it made me curious about the G44.
I like mine. With high quality ammo (CCI) it's reliable. Mimics very closely the feel of a Glock 19, other than in the recoil department.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by TWR

I just picked up the delta adapter for my compact, just got to try it out suppressed now.

Dont know why glock doesn't offer a threaded barrel version of the 44. By the 44 and then you gotta drop 150 on a barrel.
Yeah it sucks that in other countries, they sell the pistol with the threaded barrel but not here.

That's actually not a terrible thing though, I bought a threaded barrel and shot it suppressed for awhile then took the can off and started doing drills with the threaded barrel installed. Didn't take long for the barrel to get hot and since I was drawing from my IWB holster, when I re-holstered, I noticed a burning feeling on my leg... Dang it burnt and that's why I bought another gun, one to train with and one to shoot suppressed.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
A G44 with a threaded barrel would be a nice setup. Have there been any issues with this combo?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Not with mine.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I dont know how all of you guys lucked out on a good 44. Mine is garbage!! Im a Glock armoror and I cant believe they put this thing out with all the known problems. Mine does not feed, eject and it shot8 inches high at 10 yards. And yes I have tried all brands of ammo. I changed the sights out and now its only shooting 6 inches high. And while I was driving the steel sight into the dovetail it was peeling a curl of plastic off of the slide. I carried a Glock for 28 years and it was a very reliable gun, this is not. If anyone wants to buy one cheap I will let her go!!

Last edited by hipp2412; 08/09/22.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,863 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.