Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I apologize to the many here that so look forward to my installments regarding my bowhunting adventures but Ive been swamped.

Last year was a record year for my bowhunting company and this year is exceeding last so there is little time for chat rooms.

Ive added lots of new items to my bowhunting web store and that is whats keeping us hopping here in God's country. Its a good problem to have. The numbers of bowhunters (and crossbowers) seems to be growing and that's good for me and the company.

A while back, I did receive my mounts from my bowhunting adventure in South Africa.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

While Bowhunting South Africa, I met a tracker named Zola. He was with me when I took a few animals including a waterbuck. I was testing a new piece of bowhunting gear for a client and at one point, a piece of gear ended up in the middle of a mud hole. Zola, dutifully went in to retrieve the item for me. In my time with him, he grew on me and impressed me.

I later learned that he was attempting to become a small business man in South Africa. He was making rocket stoves and was donating many back into the community (a very poor community with no running water, electricity, natural gas or propane.) Because the people are always moving, they are not hooked up to any utilities. Many of the Zola stoves he makes are bought by the bowhunters that visit the camp where Zola is a tracker. The stoves are then left with Zola who distributes them to the community. I bought a few of his stoves and then a few more that I had shipped back to me in the crate with my mounts.

Zola Escaped Zimbabwe with only the clothes on his back when the country fell/failed in 2003. He was just a teen at the time. He made it to the outfitter I was hunting with and became a very hard worker and very useful to the operation. While many in his situation opted to become wards of the state and living off handouts, he wanted a better life. He is doing so for himself and his young family through hard work.

While bowhunting, I learned a great deal of Zola from the outfitter that hired him. He explained that Zola could become very successful because of the work ethic he possessed. The outfitter explained that is a very rare trait for the super majority in his situation so he was doing all he could to assist Zola in meeting the goals he set for himself.

The one thing standing in Zola's way was his lack of mobility. Everything done by him was done on foot. He had no drivers license or vehicle. Its rare for anybody like him to have either and the vast majority of people get where they are going on foot. The outfitter and I had a few conversations on this matter and pooled our resources and bought Zola a truck so he could become a proper, traveling salesman. Just last week he got his drivers license.

As for my bowhunting plans (that so many seem interested in). Ive cancelled all of my out of country, planned bowhunts. I will not be heading off to Greenland, Germany or back to South Africa again this year. Unfortunately, doctors have discovered a lump on my Wife's anatomy that ought not be there so doctoring is taking a priority at this time. Likewise, we are in the beginnings of moving our base of operations from southern Wisconsin to a far larger chunk of woodland property in Northern WI. I will be content bowhunting a few midwestern states this fall as well as the WI leases I have and the suburban deer culling program I sponsor.

Until next time
Your friend
The Adventure Bowhunter

Last edited by sharp_things; 07/26/22.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Judging from the response, not long enough.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
nice horns you did well congrats . hope the best for your wife. Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 58 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,820
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.