Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
When viewed through the eyes of law abiding “civilians”, bringing a firearm into Mexico is pure stupidity. When viewed through the eyes of cops, a class of people that are generally exempt from having to follow the laws they enforce, this is a simple case of lost in translation and nothing that a little “professional courtesy” can’t overcome. 😉 If this wasn’t a cross border crime or if it had happened at a time when the border wasn’t as contentious as it is now we’d likely never hear about it. The mentality amongst cops is that they will get away with “it”, especially when “it” comes to them being able to make the argument that they were simply following established SOP’s like carrying off duty.

I’ve got to disagree with you on this one, Aces. I’d say it was pretty much universal among Law Enforcement that Mexico is an extremely dangerous place where you wouldn’t want to screw around. Most know better than to go there at all! There’s one in every crowd and this Knucklehead was either drunk when he packed it or too stupid to be a cop, even in Memphis.

Bob, Fair enough…. I think you and I aren’t too far apart on this but I tend to see more of the “cowboy” attitude in these things. I saw it daily when I was working and I recognize it easily now. I’m of course basing my “insight” on the same article as you and I might be wrong….. I am willing to be wrong for once. 😁

All my best to you Bob. 👍

Thank you, Sir and good night!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Only Obama, holder, and the atf are alowed to send guns into Mexico and only cartel members are allowed to possess them. Decent people with guns are not tolerated by corrupt leftist oligarchys. Much like it is here now. Decent people error on the wrong side of the law and get the book thrown at them. Career criminals walk with no cash bail over and over again.

I haven't been to Mexico in 11 years and I hope I never have to go back. You couldnt even gas up your car without being ripped off and then threatened by their police that you would go to jail if you complained about. Corrupt lying theiving cowards that gang up on you at every chance and always try to screw with you just because your white. I lived in south africa and that's a rough place but I'd go back there 100 times before I ever go back to Mexico. If I'm ever in Mexico again it'll be because I'm running from the law on my way to somewhere else.

My grandpa used to live every winter in mazatlan and loved it there until about 1990. But he had money and connected friends. Probably ok place if your a cartel boss or part of the oligarchy.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 07/27/22.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Stickfight: Good one!
Funny but oh so true.
I would never again travel to any part of Mexico - its been 30+ years since I touched the sand on the island of Cozumel, Mexico.
Lifes to short to risk it in that abhorrent, dangerous, third world, schit hole.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
BTW you said good, lawyer, and Mexican in the sane sentence. You should probably just go buy a mega millions ticket because the odds are better.

Bb

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,314
Posts18,526,349
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.