Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It looks like you got plenty to choose from but if you need more I have a 2 x 7 Simmons you are welcome to. I had it on a ruger 10/22 for awhile. Also have some Weaver scope rings.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad to see all the help pouring in. As a former rifle instructor and rifle shooting merit badge counselor it brings a smile to my face knowing kids today are still able to experience the same fun I did 50 something years ago.
Well done Fire

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Well done men and a tip of the hat to all those involved in scouting.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have 4x here I can send. Pm me the address and I’ll get it on the way!

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like the scopes are gonna be covered, I’d like to donate a little cash towards ammo or clays if you have have a PayPal/cashapp/Venmo. Please PM me.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Bearded
Looks like the scopes are gonna be covered, I’d like to donate a little cash towards ammo or clays if you have have a PayPal/cashapp/Venmo. Please PM me.
Sounds like a great idea.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
To all on the 24houur campfire,

Again.....the campfire rises to the challenge is supporting scout/youth shooting. I have PM'd everyone with scope donations mailing info, for those of you who offered 3X-9X scopes a sincere "Thank-you" . I have enough 4X and 2X-7X scopes coming to equip the donated rifles.

Several campfire members in this thread commented their memories of learning to shoot at Scout Camp in their youth, I too was one who learned to shoot at scout camp and been shooting ever since. I will say this, if we don't get guns in the hands of young scouts from 6th grade to 8th grade the chances of these young boys enjoying the shooting sports as we have is non-existent.

Tomorrow I will have three of the scouts ( age 14) out shooting sporting clays...these boys just love it. I do too.

So many "THANKS" to all of you here on the Campfire.

Greg

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
one of my first shooting experience was with a boy scout coach, although i was not a scout.
we "shot our way thru history" everyone got a shot or two woth
FLintlock
percussion
trapdoor
springfield 03
M1 carbine
M1 garand.
I will never forget that experience.
Larry in Reno

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am late to the party as usual. Greg is local to me and I understand he could use a couple of sets of rings for the scopes you so generously provided. I offered him a NIB Weaver rimfire scope today and he turned me down because you guys already took care of him.

I think he's hesitant to ask you guys for more but I'm not. Anybody got some rings for Greg's troop? I have only daughters but I know the troop. You would be giving to a great cause. But you probably already know this.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by silver78
I am late to the party as usual. Greg is local to me and I understand he could use a couple of sets of rings for the scopes you so generously provided. I offered him a NIB Weaver rimfire scope today and he turned me down because you guys already took care of him.

I think he's hesitant to ask you guys for more but I'm not. Anybody got some rings for Greg's troop? I have only daughters but I know the troop. You would be giving to a great cause. But you probably already know this.

What type of rings are needed? For the rail on a rimfire or Weaver type base?

Last edited by kandpand; 08/19/22.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Personally I would leave 1 or 2 of those guns with open sights. The boys need to learn to shoot proficiently with and without a scope, and also come to the appreciation that in some cases open sights are an acceptable or even preferred solution. Maybe outfit one with a rear peep sight.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
PM sent

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (1beaver_shooter, 14idaho, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 16penny, 23 invisible), 1,424 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,654
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.