Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Originally Posted by IA_fog
So besides this list is there a sunset clause like the 94 bill? Do you have to register to keep current owned guns and magazines on the list?

It makes all transfers illegal. In a generation, they would be gone if nobody stands up.

If all transfers are banned, how do you get one repaired at the factory or a gunsmith. Aren’t those considered transfers?

Swifty

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Swifty52
So besides this list is there a sunset clause like the 94 bill? Do you have to register to keep current owned guns and magazines on the list?

It makes all transfers illegal. In a generation, they would be gone if nobody stands up.

If all transfers are banned, how do you get one repaired at the factory or a gunsmith. Aren’t those considered transfers?

No, they aren't a change in ownership.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Just a quick glance shows a shytload of modern bolt action sporting rifles, rimfire rifles, pump shotguns and even doubles that aren't on the approved list. They even left out the Ithaca 37 pump and Stevens 311 SxS double. Stupid fuucks.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Are you sure? Does transfer explicitly say ownership change? As in Nebraska law already

With some exceptions, individuals cannot purchase, lease, rent, or receive transfer of a handgun in Nebraska without this certificate.
The exceptions are:
• Federally licensed firearms dealers;
• Individuals acquiring antique handguns;
• Persons authorized to acquire handguns on behalf
of a law enforcement agency;
• Temporary transfers when the transferee remains
in the line of sight of the transferor or within the
premises of an established shooting facility;

• Transfers between a person and his or her spouse,
sibling, parent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or
grandparent;
• Holders of a valid permit under the Concealed
Handgun Permit Act; and
• Peace officers.

Under this it seems that by sending it to a gunsmith or factory would be considered a temporary transfer, now seeings how .gov loves to change definitions of sex, recession or whatever to fit their sh*t agenda I see where the definition of transfer could be changed.

Food for thought.

Swifty
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Are you sure? Does transfer explicitly say ownership change? As in Nebraska law already

With some exceptions, individuals cannot purchase, lease, rent, or receive transfer of a handgun in Nebraska without this certificate.
The exceptions are:

grandparent;
Handgun Permit Act; and
• Peace officers.

Under this it seems that by sending it to a gunsmith or factory would be considered a temporary transfer, now seeings how .gov loves to change definitions of sex, recession or whatever to fit their sh*t agenda I see where the definition of transfer could be changed.

Food for thought.

Not sure the Feds care about your state law. But the temporary transfer you bolded would mean handing the gun to a friend to shoot.

Your own quote specifically states an exception to receive a handgun is an FFL which a factory or a gunsmith must hold.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
They cannot pull this off without altering the make-up of the Supreme Court.

Yes, they can ..........."The Law is what I say it is".

And once done, it's virtually impossible to undo it, as we have also found out with Obama Care.

But I fully expect we will vote our way out if this some Nov., & in 2024............................

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But on the surface, at least to this layman's thinking, having to register current, legally owned firearms into a national database would seem highly unconstitutional (according to past wisdom, which doesn't seem to matter anymore) on the face of it.

"The Law is what I say it is"

MM

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Nous sommes tous des sauvages!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I think that it's odd that they put out a list of what's NOT banned. Why don't they put out a list of what IS banned. That's pretty vague.

If they come for my AR's, which I doubt will ever happen, all they'll get is a couple of stripped Anderson lowers. That's all I bought.

Yes, where is the list of BANNED weapons?

What does it say about existing weapons?

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I think that it's odd that they put out a list of what's NOT banned. Why don't they put out a list of what IS banned. That's pretty vague.

If they come for my AR's, which I doubt will ever happen, all they'll get is a couple of stripped Anderson lowers. That's all I bought.

Yes, where is the list of BANNED weapons?

What does it say about existing weapons?

All they did was develop an additional "banned" list for the next go round

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure the Feds care about your state law. But the temporary transfer you bolded would mean handing the gun to a friend to shoot.

Your own quote specifically states an exception to receive a handgun is an FFL which a factory or a gunsmith must hold.

Lol, that law was passed in 93 to comply with the Brady Bill for which Nebraska received a permanent NICS exemption, so yes the feds do care. Yes, it means that without a Handun ( now called firearms) permit I can’t legally hand one of my guns to someone to shoot.
As far as the FFL it’s still a temporary transfer but it’s legal under Brady since they are licensed and completed a Background check.

Either way, I am not transferring ownership in either case. What I am doing is transferring possession which in one case is illegal and one isn’t.
So again show me where Transfer says ownership.

Swifty
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Lol, that law was passed in 93 to comply with the Brady Bill for which Nebraska received a permanent NICS exemption, so yes the feds do care. Yes, it means that without a Handun ( now called firearms) permit I can’t legally hand one of my guns to someone to shoot.
As far as the FFL it’s still a temporary transfer but it’s legal under Brady since they are licensed and completed a Background check.

Either way, I am not transferring ownership in either case. What I am doing is transferring possession which in one case is illegal and one isn’t.
So again show me where Transfer says ownership.

The Brady bill doesn't in any way require you to have a permit to hand it to somebody else to shoot.

So if you send a firearm back to the manufacturer to be worked on or to a gunsmith, the gunsmith requires you to fill out a background check on the gunsmith???????????????

I don't think so scooter.

And you're asserting one is required for him to give you your own gun back? All to comply with NICS? I'm not so sure about that.

No other state requires that, including my own. You're misinterpreting I'd imagine.

Last edited by tylerw02; 07/30/22.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tarquin
They're saying it has no chance in the Senate. Hope that's true.
Senate is 50/50 in reality.....so guess who has the deciding vote?

HEEL'S UP HARRIS!!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Tarquin
They're saying it has no chance in the Senate. Hope that's true.
Senate is 50/50 in reality.....so guess who has the deciding vote?

HEEL'S UP HARRIS!!!!
No, they would need 60 votes to pass this.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don’t care what they do.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
All state laws are different but let’s take your contentions 1 by 1

The Brady bill doesn't in any way require you to have a permit to hand it to somebody else to shoot. (Depends on definition )

The Brady Bill sought to institute a federal system to conduct background checks for any individual seeking to acquire a gun. Imposing further restrictions on gun possession were not included in the Brady Bill’s intentions.

Definition of acquire.

acquire

ə-kwīr′

transitive verb

1. To gain possession of.
2. To get by one's own efforts.
3. To gain through experience; come by.

So if you send a firearm back to the manufacturer to be worked on or to a gunsmith, the gunsmith requires you to fill out a background check on the gunsmith???????????????

No Scooter, the gunsmith with an FFL has a background check run on initial issuance and renewal. Already done.

And you're asserting one is required for him to give you your own gun back? All to comply with NICS? I'm not so sure about that.

The gunsmith at time of drop off can ask for ID and CHP or Handgun certificate which under permanent exemption is a background check for 3 years on the certificate and 5 years on the CHP with all contacts regarding such goes to the NSP not the feds. So yes he can run a Background check easily either on drop off or pickup. Sorry Scooter.

No other state requires that, including my own.

Ohh but they do and some are even worse.

You're misinterpreting I'd imagine.

Nope I am not.

I fill out a 4473 hand DL and CHP to dealer to buy a handgun, dealer takes photocopies of same, I pay and walk.

Swifty
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

The exceptions are:

grandparent;
Handgun Permit Act; and
• Peace officers.

Food for thought.

Nono e has answer is there a sunset clause like the 94 bill?
Also what are the steps to grandfather current guns? Do you have to register them to get them grandfathered in?

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Looks like my 03’s and 1917 won’t be allowed and my Remington 722 is banned as well. Idiots

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 69 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,855
Posts18,497,046
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.