Print Thread
Hop To
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I've always liked boot grips on my revolvers. Eagle grips makes some nice examples but they're usually not available and they ask obnoxious prices for them when they are.

I found some checkered Eagle boot grips on Ebay for a square butt K-frame for a reasonable price and had to upgrade my old bedside Model 10.

This old shooter grade Model 10 shows some wear but it locks up tight and hits where you point it. I decided that it was worth getting rid of the "Pachmayr Goodyears" that came on it.

I like the Eagle boot grips. I wouldn't pay $190 for them like the manufacturer wants,...but I'll give somebody on Ebay 50 bucks for them anytime I see a pair on there.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nice Bristoe, both are solid choices.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They look good! If they fit your hand and you point that M&P naturally with them they are for sure a nice upgrade.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice looking rig. Very classic.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like that combo, Bristoe. Nice finds. Don't see either of them often. I'm still passively looking for a decent Model 10, but a bull barrel.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Like that combo, Bristoe. Nice finds. Don't see either of them often. I'm still passively looking for a decent Model 10, but a bull barrel.

4" standard barrel Model 10s are out there. I don't know if Eagle even makes their K-frame square butt boot grips any longer.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
One slick revolver you got right there.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Hard to believe Eagle charges $180.00 for those. That's nuts.

Everyone knows I'm a fan of the Model 10. They are worth a heck of a lot more than you need to pay for one in good working order.

Nice snag on the grips.

Picked this one up last year for a song. Some superficial rust that came right off with some steel wool, gun oil, and elbow grease. This was taken before rust removal.

I've since, also bought some nicer, period correct, grips for it, and installed them. I haven't taken a picture of it since doing those two things, but it looks great now, and shoots fantastic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
That one looks good to me.

I like coming across an old Model 10 that's marked down because it was forgotten and shuffled back and forth in a sock drawer for 30 years. The one in my photo is just scuffed up enough that I don't worry about knocking it around a bit but it locks up bank vault tight with virtually no end shake. It's another one that shoots to point of aim at 30' with "warm" 158s.

The latest load I've been shooting is a Berry's copper plated 158 grain flat point over 7 grains of AA#5. I bought a big box of those bullets years ago. It's been accurate in every revolver I've shot it in. My old 4" Ruger Service Six really likes it. I'm going to go up to 7.5 grains and see how they feel in a .357. But I'm sure some will find their way into a Model 10 before it's over.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
That one looks good to me.

I like coming across an old Model 10 that's marked down because it was forgotten and shuffled back and forth in a sock drawer for 30 years. The one in my photo is just scuffed up enough that I don't worry about knocking it around a bit but it locks up bank vault tight with virtually no end shake. It's another one that shoots to point of aim at 30' with "warm" 158s.

The latest load I've been shooting is a Berry's copper plated 158 grain flat point over 7 grains of AA#5. I bought a big box of those bullets years ago. It's been accurate in every revolver I've shot it in. My old 4" Ruger Service Six really likes it. I'm going to go up to 7.5 grains and see how they feel in a .357. But I'm sure some will find their way into a Model 10 before it's over.
Those old Ruger revolvers are cool. Ever take one all the way down? Easy. Kinda like a Glock.

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
I just bought a smith & wesson model 10-6 4 inch heavy barrel revolver. Has some carry wear,(no rust ) and came with a hogue monogrip on it. Gun is in very good mechanical condition. What a shooter! I can't believe I'm 60 year's old and this is my first smith & wesson. A older gentlemen at our range gave me a set of correct grip's and 2 speed loaders. Now I'm thinking I need to get a k frame 22

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by marlinshooter1
I just bought a smith & wesson model 10-6 4 inch heavy barrel revolver. Has some carry wear,(no rust ) and came with a hogue monogrip on it. Gun is in very good mechanical condition. What a shooter! I can't believe I'm 60 year's old and this is my first smith & wesson. A older gentlemen at our range gave me a set of correct grip's and 2 speed loaders. Now I'm thinking I need to get a k frame 22
My pinned barrel (can't really see it in the picture) Model 18.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Hard to believe Eagle charges $180.00 for those. That's nuts.

Everyone knows I'm a fan of the Model 10. They are worth a heck of a lot more than you need to pay for one in good working order.

Nice snag on the grips.

Picked this one up last year for a song. Some superficial rust that came right off with some steel wool, gun oil, and elbow grease. This was taken before rust removal.

I've since, also bought some nicer, period correct, grips for it, and installed them. I haven't taken a picture of it since doing those two things, but it looks great now, and shoots fantastic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

have you bought any of Mac's 38 spl laods me makes.....wonderfully accurate stuff

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, AlanF, 12 invisible), 1,451 guests, and 815 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,663
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.