Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JPro
Some of the Kawasaki units come with a factory 3yr warranty. Many others come with 1yr. Says something.

Our mule MX pro has a 3 year. Part of the reason for buying it

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have Yamaha Wolverine and Kawasaki Mule Diesel, great machines.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Buy something from the big three....plenty of selections

Polaris is #4......................(:

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I picked up a Honda pioneer 520 last year with a dump bed. Been trouble free. I paid around $ 10,000

C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by SKane
Gravely is owned by Ariens Co. (Brillion WI).
Polaris builds Gravely UTV's for Ariens Co.

Well, then. That would appear to be a different deal.

Yes made in Wisconsin, not China.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tylerw02
I used to be a mechanic and later salesman at a dealership that sold Gravely/Ariens. Gravely makes a helluva commercial mower. However, they are not a maker of UTVs and it seems they want to put their name on one so they appear to offer the "full line". Just buy Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, or Polaris. You'll thank yourself in the end.

Curious if you were a mechanic what the reliability of them was.
I have a Polaris atv that has been pretty good but did have and engine issue that was pricey to have fixed.

-George Washington
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Are you looking for a speed demon or work horse
They make a variety of different types.

If you are looking for a work horse look at Kubota
they also have 1 model that is a speed demon
I have seen a lot of job site UTV's running around on the jobs
I do not have any experience with the Racer types.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
John Deere and Kubota make them to. I used a John Deere Gator Deisel at a rv park I worked at I liked it. Not sure about Kubota anyone own or used one??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cv540
Looking for a side by side UTV with a bed. Was looking at Gravely today and impressed. Anyone have experience with them?
As to the original question, no. Lol

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by tylerw02
I used to be a mechanic and later salesman at a dealership that sold Gravely/Ariens. Gravely makes a helluva commercial mower. However, they are not a maker of UTVs and it seems they want to put their name on one so they appear to offer the "full line". Just buy Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, or Polaris. You'll thank yourself in the end.

Curious if you were a mechanic what the reliability of them was.
I have a Polaris atv that has been pretty good but did have and engine issue that was pricey to have fixed.

When I was doing it, there were no Gravely UTVs so I can't really say. Their mowers were very reliable and we rarely saw them in for repair.

IC B3

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Picked up our 1000 Honda pioneer end of may, have about 300 miles on it since then. I am more impressed with it each time I use it. It is a good mix between sport and utility. 1000lb pay load in the bed 2500lb towing capacity. No belts real transmission, solid drive shaft I cannot reccomend enough.

C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Looking for mostly work.

Will use it to go to back of property and cut small wood for fireplace, or to haul trees and plants for planting when using the tractor will tear up the yard or woods if wet.

Will also use it occasionally for us to travel to nearby friends or fairly close restaraunts, as roads allow utv use.

Speed isn't needed, as I don't see the merit in going more than 25 or so on deer and turkey infested roads in a vehicle with very minimal protection.

The power lift bed looks like a good feature so I can move and dump wood.

May get a winch and plow attachment for snow removal redundancy in case the tractor goes down.

Gravely came up as I have a line on a gently used one in an estate. New ones are backordered almost 2 years right now. Service would be done by a small family owned shop that sells and services them along with other farm implements.

As I stated, I have had pretty good luck with Polaris atv but it's not much good for traveling with 2 people and lacks a bed. In the past had good luck with an Ariens snow blower so know they make that in good quality.

Need to look at the other brands mentioned but suspect backorder issues with them as well.

-George Washington
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Gravely zero-turn Lawnmower It’s awesome- in 3 years never had a problem, starts 1st time. Built in USA. I like it. Has a Kawasaki engine. Don’t know about their UTVs.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Riverc
John Deere and Kubota make them to. I used a John Deere Gator Deisel at a rv park I worked at I liked it. Not sure about Kubota anyone own or used one??

I have the Kubota RXT-X1100C
Hard Cab
Standard Air conditioning & Heating
Standard 2 inch Hitch receivers front and back
Standard Hydraulic Dump Bed with the Control right next to the drivers left hand so you do not even need to get out to dump the bed.
Diesel engine with no Smog control crap on it.
High Low with reverse with a lot of power
They told me that it has a 1500# pay load rating

Those are the good things

Bad Thing
It is very slow going up hills

I did not purchase it to go fast
I purchased it to work for me and so far it has been a GREAT machine for me and it drinks very little fuel.
I have about 60 hours on it and several hundred miles.
The Hard Cab dues not rattle like the cloth cabs do and the Heating and Air is the Bomb
Hot summer who cares turn the A/C on Cold winter Who cares turn the Heat up.

I do not have much experience with other brands just being driven around on job sites and never driving them my self.

I had a few requirements when I started looking for my Side by Side.
I wanted the 4X4 (most of them have it)
the X1100C has a lever so you can switch from 2X4 to 4X4 and it also has a Dif. Lock foot peddle.

It had to be Diesel ( it sits for months at a time and I did not want to worry about the gas turning bad)

My girl poked her head in when I was on line looking at my options and she requested the Heating and Air.
I told her that I was already looking for that option.

The Hard Cab was a Bonus for he but I have come to love it with it's Glass windshield and Metal doors with Glass role down windows.

At the time I purchased my Side By Side there was only (1) that met my wants and I have been extremely happy with it from the day I started driving it.
The Dealer delivered it directly to the job site that I was working on so I did not have to transport it to the job.

It was easy for the decision because I had purchased an MX5800 Tractor 2 years earlier from the same dealer and They have been a real pleasure to do business with.

C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
With diesel, does it have a preheat function before starting like diesel tractors, Wisconsin winters are factor

-George Washington
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
With diesel, does it have a preheat function before starting like diesel tractors, Wisconsin winters are factor

On the one I have you turn the ignition key half way and hold it for a few seconds to heat the glow plugs.

I have fired it up in single digit temps and it is cold at first but a couple minutes running and it is good to go.
Its a little sluggish for about 10 minutes until the hydro. Fluid warms up.

They have a Block Heater option that you can put on your self and it does not cost that much.
I have considered getting it but I haven't yet.

Last edited by funshooter; 07/31/22.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Buy a Rural King one!!!
And with the money ya save
Get a RK woodchipper
RK Wheeler
RK log splitter
RK mini bike
RK Roto tiller.

And you can eat all the free popcorn to your hearts content while doing your paperwork for the financing!!!

👍👍👍👍🤗🤗🤗🤑🤑🤑🤑👍👍👍👍

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Friend of a friend bought a CF Moto a few years ago.

Hilarity ensued.

Last edited by Higginez; 07/31/22.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
You guys are full of it about Polaris, I have road them all over Alaska in the roughest crap y’all have never seen, I have six of them on this ranch and ride them daily, I have road other brands on deer lease’s for 40 years in Texas, they all have good and bad.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Polaris isn't bad, I sure as hell am not a fan of their belt drive set up.

I used a Yamaha big bear mostly and one morning while bear hunting out of Tok I seen where my buddy put his brown bear tag on my handle bars. He's a die hard Polaris guy.

The old 6x ranger we would use would go through just about anything

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 75 invisible), 3,136 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,354
Posts18,487,934
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.