Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by pal
It's funny, alone at 78, looking back at failed marriages, several near-death experiences, crippling injuries, 2 bankruptcies, recently losing my home and shop, and serious doubts about my financial future, that I am still happy and actually feel blessed for my good health and ability to pursue my life's work.

Downs Syndrome is an amazing thing.

Guess this means you're a very unhappy man.

I'm very happy.

I don't have Downs Syndrome.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Poor Jake busting his ass while the town idiot snaps pictures at the second hand store.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by pal
It's funny, alone at 78, looking back at failed marriages, several near-death experiences, crippling injuries, 2 bankruptcies, recently losing my home and shop, and serious doubts about my financial future, that I am still happy and actually feel blessed for my good health and ability to pursue my life's work.

Downs Syndrome is an amazing thing.

Guess this means you're a very unhappy man.

Hehehe. Winner winner chicken dinner.....

GOD bless you, Pal.

Speaking of retards...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Not me. I used to check the eyes every six months or year of the guys and gals who were brain damaged as kids residing in the Mariah Flats state home. They hadn't a bad bone in their body and ever knew the audacity or effrontery that resides in Travis' personality.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Happiness to me is waking up with a terrible hangover. On a Thursday. And knowing you have to be at an important meeting. So you press onward, and you get out of bed. You shave. You shower. You put on the business dress attire that your blacked out self somehow managed to starch and press with impeccable creases the night before.

You drink three cups of coffee and take a cold shower in hopes of looking presentable.

And then, when you’re fifteen minutes away, sitting at a red light, surrounded by mask wearing idiots, wishing and wanting nothing more than one (or three) drinks so you could get back to feeling human again, your phone gives two subtle vibrations letting you know you have an e-mail.

You open that e-mail and find that the meeting has been canceled. A wave of relief washes over you and that relief quickly turns to elation when you realize you’re only three blocks from one of your favorite dark corners.

You walk in, they know you. Your ice cold relief lands on top of the bar top at the same moment you plant yourself in the stool.

The bartender says nothing. Because you know she doesn’t really like you, which means she is deeply in love with you but won’t admit it because she knows you’re better than she is, or ever will be.

You take a sip and immediately feel less horrible, and you know you’re only six-nine more pints away from feeling great.

That’s happiness to me.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Happiness to me is waking up with a terrible hangover. On a Thursday. And knowing you have to be at an important meeting. So you press onward, and you get out of bed. You shave. You shower. You put on the business dress attire that your blacked out self somehow managed to starch and press with impeccable creases the night before.

You drink three cups of coffee and take a cold shower in hopes of looking presentable.

And then, when you’re fifteen minutes away, sitting at a red light, surrounded by mask wearing idiots, wishing and wanting nothing more than one (or three) drinks so you could get back to feeling human again, your phone gives two subtle vibrations letting you know you have an e-mail.

You open that e-mail and find that the meeting has been canceled. A wave of relief washes over you and that relief quickly turns to elation when you realize you’re only three blocks from one of your favorite dark corners.

You walk in, they know you. Your ice cold relief lands on top of the bar top at the same moment you plant yourself in the stool.

The bartender says nothing. Because you know she doesn’t really like you, which means she is deeply in love with you but won’t admit it because she knows you’re better than she is, or ever will be.

You take a sip and immediately feel less horrible, and you know you’re only six-nine more pints away from feeling great.

That’s happiness to me.

Now I remember you, one of the RatPack

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A wave of relief washes over you and that relief quickly turns to elation when you realize you’re only three blocks from one of your favorite dark corners.

Uh oh, better get the monkey pox shot.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That’s happiness to me.

You must be the unhappiest guy on the fire. I really hope you get help.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Been every where i ever wanted to go, done every thing on my buck list, have every thing i ever wanted, live in a great place, hunt about 7 months of the year, Happy and Content, whats not to like.
Rio7

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I firmly believe we are all what we choose to be. Me…I am golden. YMMV.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Deflave is Mike Hammer. If you aren't rejoicing every day just come to the CF and you will soon feel like a very lucky man. Life is good here.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Blessed !

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have learned n whatever situation I am to be content.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alive at 73! Good health, great wife, debt free!
What’s not to like The good Lord let’s me wake up in the morning,able to get out of the bed. Happy as I can be!!

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by pal

That’s happiness to me.

You must be the unhappiest guy on the fire. I really hope you get help.

Just a facade and nothing more.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yes, I am happy. I have good friends. I fish and hunt. I am not rich but financially stable and can afford to do many things. My job affords me the ability to travel and still work. I love my job and work with my friends. There are things I wish I had but they are minimal. A few years ago I got a second chance at life after a life threatening illness and Im going to have grand time for however long I live. That might be another hour or 30 years. I have very little to no drama in my life and plan to keep it that way. I cant wait for hunting season to start.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
A wave of relief washes over you and that relief quickly turns to elation when you realize you’re only three blocks from one of your favorite dark corners.

Uh oh, better get the monkey pox shot.

Check out San Antonio going all San Antonio.

LOL

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Just a facade and nothing more.

This coming from the guy that had to change his handle.

LOL

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Seeing a tow truck barrel down the interstate while carrying the remnants of a vehicle that assuredly involved a fatality.

In the rear window of the mangled vehicle you see a "Coexist" sticker.

That's happiness to me.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Alive at 82, debt free, great wife and friends, decent health, fantastic rifles, my own range back to 1000 yards, and can still shoot 2” groups from 600 yards! What the hell is there not to like!!

I’m a troll!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (257wthbylover, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 65 invisible), 1,736 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,117
Posts18,522,844
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.