-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It probably blew a new hole in the ozone layer, now were are fugged.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Borchardt
..and that water vapor is going to stay in the vapor phase? I assume it was sea water, sea water is always evaporating. BFD.

Not anywhere near the rate it does as vapor. Once introduced into the atmosphere, that 58,000 swimming pools of water has had an effect on the recent weather and the massive flooding both in Yellowstone and what is going on in Kentucky right now.

How does the water vapor get from Tonga to Kentucky since there is very little to no atmospheric exchange between the Northern and Southern Hemisphere?

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
58,000 swimming pools is literally a drop in the ocean. At any moment, there are about 50 actively erupting volcanoes on the planet, spewing million of tons of sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, other gasses, ash, smoke, and water vapor into the atmosphere. And those are only the volcanoes above the surface.

One hurricane takes more water vapor out of the atmosphere than this volcano has put in. Probably many times more, if it could be accurately measured. To say that it rained it Kentucky because of a volcano in Tonga is ludicrous beyond measure.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
58,000 swimming pools is literally a drop in the ocean. At any moment, there are about 50 actively erupting volcanoes on the planet, spewing million of tons of sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, other gasses, ash, smoke, and water vapor into the atmosphere. And those are only the volcanoes above the surface.

One hurricane takes more water vapor out of the atmosphere than this volcano has put in. Probably many times more, if it could be accurately measured. To say that it rained it Kentucky because of a volcano in Tonga is ludicrous beyond measure.

You might try reading the link, I didn’t write it, I just posted it, but there is evidence that most here won’t believe because it isn’t in their wheelhouse of knowledge…

This makes it the largest and highest injection of water into the stratosphere since satellites began taking measurements.

"We estimate that the excess water vapor is equivalent to around 10% of the amount of water vapor typically residing in the stratosphere," which is the biggest increase scientists have ever seen, researchers wrote in the new paper, published online July 1 in the journal Geophysical Research Letters. The water vapor may remain in the stratosphere for around half a decade, the researchers wrote.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's the problem? We need commonsense volcano control, duh.

The Left

Last edited by Fireball2; 08/05/22.

LOL
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Remember acid rain ???

then they came out with the ozone layer depletion from the hair spray and freeon...

now they are on Global warming because of the carbon release from burning fossil fuels that at on time was actually carbon in the very same atmosphere to begin with...

all this worry.... but not a care in the world over all the nuclear warheads hanging over our heads....

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I read it, Shrap. What I found among all the "could" "might" "possibly" and "maybe" qualifiers was the statement that some effects may offset others and therefore they cannot predict what the results may be.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Wish some of that water vapor would make it to Texas. Fast !
I am doing my part and leaving the lawn more on idle 8 hours a day.

Fuqqin A

Dog I rescued in January

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by shrapnel
When an underwater volcano in Tonga erupted in January, it belched out more than ash and volcanic gases; it also spewed 58,000 Olympic-size swimming pools' worth of water vapor into Earth's atmosphere, a new study finds…

https://www.livescience.com/tonga-eruption-water-vapor

The weather we are experiencing that the green politicians want to blame on global warming caused by man, is really a result of the natural consequences of an under water volcano. I wonder why they won’t report that?

Ha!, every time I confront some lefty with facts that don’t jibe with some wacky spoke dummy, such as Greta, they just get mad and quit talking. I’ve shutup more people doing that. Not one wants to continue the conversation. Must be my evil personality!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Angus1895
How many tons of carbon / ash is spewed by the national forests being miss managed?

By the same people that want to Tax your carbon use.

Picture of my Smokey situation as we type!

How about the >1000 square miles burned in NM this year - nearly half by the "scientists" (US Fire Starters and Bic Lighter Men)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
All of this global warming by the left is might, be could be, we think.. One thing they don't want is for us to think. I would guess this natural act is something that would upset the left's lying apple cart.. Like anything that is true, you never see it on the news media.

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If, if, it is real, what are taxes going to do?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
No human actions can change the climate, Climate Change is about wealth transfer from tax payers to liberal Dimorat Commie's, Climate Change is a HOAX I can't believe people are falling for CC. Rio7

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hurricane Harvey dumped 33 Trillion gallons of water on Texas and Louisiana. That’s a 100x factor more than 58,000 “Olympic” swimming pools.

Last edited by Stammster; 08/05/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mikieb
Remember acid rain ???

then they came out with the ozone layer depletion from the hair spray and freeon...

now they are on Global warming because of the carbon release from burning fossil fuels that at on time was actually carbon in the very same atmosphere to begin with...

all this worry.... but not a care in the world over all the nuclear warheads hanging over our heads....
And now it’s cows farting. Without having a PHD in global warming or cow farts. I can’t imagine that the biggest threat to our environment or the that the biggest cause of global warming is cows farting.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hard to tax a volcano, but they can tax us.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whenever u hear

It ain’t about da denerio….

It’s totally about da denerio

Government redistribution of wealth is their goal

Because they get a cut.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Water vapor is wore greenhouse gqs than CO2. The Tonga volcano is expected to add 10% to water vapor in the stratosphere and it will las several years.

First and foremost, The largest concentration of greenhouse gas is water vapor. CO2 is a fly fart in comparison. I no longer have access to upper air data like when I was employed but I can say this with reasonable certainty, where ever the winds aloft take that 10% excess moisture will probably have a nice rainy season. Maybe too nice,
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It would be welcome almost anywhere in the mountain states. CA wants it too but screw them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I read it, Shrap. What I found among all the "could" "might" "possibly" and "maybe" qualifiers was the statement that some effects may offset others and therefore they cannot predict what the results may be.

If anyone would know atmosphere, it would be you. The main thing is that that volcano had an impact that is notable, but because it didn’t fit the environmental community’s narrative, it never made the news.

Regardless of what the gallery comments on, it was a significant natural occurrence that remains unreported…

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,656
Posts18,474,665
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.