Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Impressive. Cool car.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
This thread got me to wondering. 50th is still 2 years away. (Class of 74). So I got to looking. Found a public Faceberg page so I checked it out. I don’t do Faceberg but it let me scope it out. Saw many old fat people. I don’t know these people!!!!!

Apparently with the current attrition rates, they have some kind of gathering every year. I remember going to the 10th anniv. I really have nothing in common with these people. Didn’t 50 years ago either.

I doubt I would be remembered by any of these ancients. The next gathering is in November. Still not sure I want to make my presence known.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't like running across ONE of those people.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Nice Pontiac and congrats Kirk on achieving 50 years after graduation.

I had a second hand 64 Lemans 326HO and powerglide, in Aquamarine. Loved the car. Dad wanted a GTO but realized mom couldn't drive a stick shift so the HO Lemans was purchased. A 389-3 speed trans gave her longer burnouts but 5mph less top end. Single 4 bbl or tri-power optioned?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In '67, a friend one grade ahead of me shelled the 3 speed trans on his '65 GTO and called me to come take a look at it. He had the transmission laying out in his driveway and when I glanced at it, I asked him where his tranny was as the one in the driveway was a Ford unit. He said that was the one that was in his car. Did some checking at the Pontiac house and found GM had a 3 speed shortage around '65 and had contracted Ford to produce their tranny with the GM bolt pattern and input shaft.

Last edited by Chisos; 08/03/22.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I don't like running across ONE of those people.

I understand what you mean, Lt. !

Founder

WS

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Chisos
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Nice Pontiac and congrats Kirk on achieving 50 years after graduation.

I had a second hand 64 Lemans 326HO and powerglide, in Aquamarine. Loved the car. Dad wanted a GTO but realized mom couldn't drive a stick shift so the HO Lemans was purchased. A 389-3 speed trans gave her longer burnouts but 5mph less top end. Single 4 bbl or tri-power optioned?

In '67, a friend one grade ahead of me shelled the 3 speed trans on his '65 GTO and called me to come take a look at it. He had the transmission laying out in his driveway and when I glanced at it, I asked him where his tranny was as the one in the driveway was a Ford unit. He said that was the one that was in his car. Did some checking at the Pontiac house and found GM had a 3 speed shortage around '65 and had contracted Ford to produce their tranny with the GM bolt pattern and input shaft.

Some of the legacy brand fanboys would be amazed at how inbred the (former) big three automakers were/are. When I worked at a GM aluminum foundry over 40 years ago, we made parts for Chrysler automatic transmissions, aluminum brake drums for Ford, and aluminum piston heads for everybody. There were other parts as well, but those come readily to what’s left of my mind. All the US automakers put the parts out to bid. Every plant was bidding against the other plants in the corporation as well as outside.

Mathew 22: 37-39

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm sure most of you crabby ol turds will not be missed at a reunion, party, or most any type of gathering.

What a bunch of sorry old bastards.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by losttrail60
I'm sure most of you crabby ol turds will not be missed at a reunion, party, or most any type of gathering.

And you’re the reason why all these crabby turds wouldn’t come to a reunion, they would be afraid to run into someone like you…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

And you’re the reason why all these crabby turds wouldn’t come to a reunion, they would be afraid to run into someone like you…

Must be fun to be crabby and afraid of people. You best stay home and stroke your ego. No one will miss you I am sure.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
lost-rails invite gets lost in the mail
everydamntime

FJB & FJT
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I don’t need anymore women after me! Hell can’t make thru the damn grocery store without these old broads hitting on me.

Founder

WS

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I don’t need anymore women after me! Hell can’t make thru the damn grocery store without these old broads hitting on me.

"hitting on ya? or throwing canned goods at ya?"

#J/Kwon'tfunnee

FJB & FJT
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Raeford
lost-rails invite gets lost in the mail
everydamntime

Who the fugg still gets mail? LOL

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
It’s a full time job Raeford! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Founder

WS

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Must be fun to be crabby and afraid of people. You best stay home and stroke your ego. No one will miss you I am sure.

I’m not afraid of people like you I just don’t want to run into people like you. I’m sure you were in band because you’re the kind of people I used to beat up for fun before and after school.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

I’m not afraid of people like you I just don’t want to run into people like you. I’m sure you were in band because you’re the kind of people I used to beat up for fun before and after school.

Nahh, guys with haircuts like yours keep me in lunch money and sore knuckles. To bad you are afraid to go to your reunion, your words not mine.
The guys that use to beat on you probably would leave you alone now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
lost-rails
One of the original New Joisey toughguys

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Have number 60 coming up next summer, will be fun watching a bunch of 78 years olds trying to do the Twist.
Had a class of 250, already have lost about 40%, lot's of good friends gone. Nam was hard on my class.
Back in 63 owning a car in HS was a big thing. Lots of late model 50's , mine was a 55 Merc. You could buy a nice driver for around $300.
We get a decent turn out, we had a close knit class, there were the regular group of outsiders, but no one picked on each other and many played sports together.
There is a group of us that are still gearheads, many own sweet looking rides like yours. This year I'll show up with my newest Summer Ride, and get a lot of attention, but some of the guys still have their 60 dream cars that bring back sweet memories.
One thing about reunions, the girls seem to look better and the guys sure look older.
Still have the same wife, met in college and have been married 54 years.

Last edited by jbmi; 08/03/22.

"The older I get, the better I was"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nice ride[s]

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Nahh, guys with haircuts like yours keep me in lunch money and sore knuckles. To bad you are afraid to go to your reunion, your words not mine.
The guys that use to beat on you probably would leave you alone now.

What happened, you used to admire Shrapnel. Jealousy kick in?

Are you the shrapnel that posts a lot over on Hunttalk?

If so you have some dang fine firearms.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1minute, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,191
Posts18,484,958
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.