Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
EVERYTHING Rocky said

AND

MORE!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
If they can`t inject us with Covid vaccine,they will dust us instead.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
One major problem with re-creating the A-1 is avgas. To support that one aircraft, you'd need an entirely separate logistics line of just the fuel, in addition to going back to a piston engine and all their maintenance needs. You'd probably triple the logistics costs. (Not to mention that the jigs to manufacture the planes and engines are long gone.)

All true, still doesn't change the fact that is be the cool way to go.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

The skyshark!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Close air support.

1Minute
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Looks to my uneducated eyes kinda like a mini-A10, turbo prop.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jorge, there are lots of Special Ops missions in places of low to no threat where all other platforms are too fast, too expensive, insufficient loiter, or otherwise incompatible. We don't need hundreds of such aircraft, but we do need a few. Note that the AT-802 is being bought to replace and improve upon an existing platform, so the mission is clearly there and being flown.

You would never argue that SEAL teams have no use because they are too small, too lightly armed, and would never survive against a full enemy army, would you? This plane is a rough analogy to a SEAL team.

Jorge is a Cuban pilot.

He's got no problem being wrong 100% of the time.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No, Jorge is a brilliant man. And I would never think of trying to debate him on half a dozen subjects. We may differ a bit on this topic, but it's likely a matter of different military experiences. Navy and Air Force have very different jobs, and each group sees things their own way.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I'm sure it's a plot by the deep state to lay chemtrails over every paranoid fool identified by the NSA watching all your posts on this site. They will also be dropping tiny tracking devices that will attach to you, your vehicles and your dog. Then they will drop the bumblebee size drones to observe your every move. Flying inside your home the drones will ID all your guns, read your mail and record all conversations. (https://www.newsweek.com/bumblebee-...ped-surveil-suspected-terrorists-1606396)

Once "they" have the "file" on you, the black helos will land and take you off to one of those secret CIA prisons that are found all over the internet. (https://listverse.com/2016/02/10/10-secret-cia-prisons-you-do-not-want-to-visit/)

You had best move to Waco TX, build a plywood firetrap, fill it with questionable weapons, entice young women there to impregnate. Be sure to get on UTube telling the world about your cult. (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/start-your-own-cult_b_3999121)

I know all this is true because I read it on the internet. (https://www.npr.org/2018/12/28/680759871/how-much-of-the-internet-is-fake-a-lot)

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Bought to put down an actual insurrection.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
How many will be operated by the Department of Homeland Security?

I rest my case. Then again, it would make a great tool for strafing reskins' coming across. Quick pass, roll, pull, stuff some top rudder and make another pass rickety split..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One major problem with re-creating the A-1 is avgas. To support that one aircraft, you'd need an entirely separate logistics line of just the fuel, in addition to going back to a piston engine and all their maintenance needs. You'd probably triple the logistics costs. (Not to mention that the jigs to manufacture the planes and engines are long gone.)

Jorge, my SEAL analogy is based on having a right-sized, highly capable resource at hand to perform "stitch in time" missions. People who argue that this plane would be useless in peer to peer engagements are missing the whole point. To make yet another analogy, a fire extinguisher may be useless against a wildfire, but that doesn't mean we don't need fire extinguishers.

Correct on the AVGAS. IT became a big deal to keep even a couple of hundred gallons on board the carrier for some of the SEAL Team applications. Back to this procurement and looking at current possible scenarios (just as you say) I'm thinking existing helo inventories could cover, especially providing just in time CAS to engaged SEAL/DELTA missions in need of it. Hell Cobras are about as good as it gets. But, I'd give anything to strap that little bird on and go!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No, Jorge is a brilliant man. And I would never think of trying to debate him on half a dozen subjects. We may differ a bit on this topic, but it's likely a matter of different military experiences. Navy and Air Force have very different jobs, and each group sees things their own way.

That's great.

But he's wrong a lot and he can't be made to see otherwise.

There's a word for that. Any guesses what it is?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Hell Cobras are about as good as it gets. But, I'd give anything to strap that little bird on and go!

Ha! I knew we'd getto the truth! smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
⁶Haha!

Yep. Nothing quite says "stealthy" and "deniable" like a Cobra gunship. grin

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave

That's great.

But he's wrong a lot and he can't be made to see otherwise.

There's a word for that. Any guesses what it is?

Cuban?

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
⁶Haha!

Ha Ha but what a Cobra gunship does say carries weight.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
⁶Haha!

Ha Ha but what a Cobra gunship does say carries weight.

Yes.

Maybe hang a loud speaker underneath to play Fortunate Son on continuous loop.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Jorge, my SEAL analogy is based on having a right-sized, highly capable resource at hand to perform "stitch in time" missions. People who argue that this plane would be useless in peer to peer engagements are missing the whole point. To make yet another analogy, a fire extinguisher may be useless against a wildfire, but that doesn't mean we don't need fire extinguishers.

Correct on the AVGAS. IT became a big deal to keep even a couple of hundred gallons on board the carrier for some of the SEAL Team applications. Back to this procurement and looking at current possible scenarios (just as you say) I'm thinking existing helo inventories could cover, especially providing just in time CAS to engaged SEAL/DELTA missions in need of it. Hell Cobras are about as good as it gets. But, I'd give anything to strap that little bird on and go!
Helos don’t have the range, the loiter, or the ability to hang out quietly up high while “over watching”. Also helos cost a ton more $$ per hour.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 65 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,155
Posts18,484,308
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.