Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by thirdbite
There are just some posts so ignorant that I have to respond. That's saying a lot given the normal topics. I agree it's time to bail. What you say about a number of self employed is certainly true. I just don't accept the "victim" status of many small business owners that others do.
AMF.......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by renegade50
There are just some posts so ignorant that I have to respond. That's saying a lot given the normal topics. I agree it's time to bail. What you say about a number of self employed is certainly true. I just don't accept the "victim" status of many small business owners that others do.
AMF.......

Like I said in prior post.....obviously never ran his own shiet. Probably some over educated office POG!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Probably have as good or better knowledge of audits than you do. Among other things, do you have any idea how far behind the IRS is in processing returns, how difficult it is to get or transmit info by phone, not to mention those folks that cheat because they know their chances of getting audited are minimal? Funny how I've never been audited, known anyone who was audited who wasn't trying to avoid taxes, and I've always been able to resolve issues and mistakes by letter or phone call. Guess I'm not a victim. BY the way, like it or not, the government is not "illegal" nor is tax per se "illegal", other than in the minds of the fringe political groups. Interesting and typical that you have to resort to ad hominem attacks. Got any income you haven't reported?

The thing is that on paper, the system is fair. In practice, it's not. Selective enforcement, selective provision of benefits, targeting enemies using the full force of the IRS and other government agencies...

I've investigated cases where certain favored groups (e.g., BLM types) get a windfall of government funding, often through programs that are funded from penalties assessed on other people/companies, and they are never audited or required to pay what they should owe.

Meanwhile, a person or business that is disfavored by the government is hit with every possible penalty around and prevented from doing business. See, e.g., Obama and Lerner.

This is the way government oppression works. When everyone isn't treated the same way by government, it's no different from the worst corruption and oppression the world knows. And we're at that stage now.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Remsen
Probably have as good or better knowledge of audits than you do. Among other things, do you have any idea how far behind the IRS is in processing returns, how difficult it is to get or transmit info by phone, not to mention those folks that cheat because they know their chances of getting audited are minimal? Funny how I've never been audited, known anyone who was audited who wasn't trying to avoid taxes, and I've always been able to resolve issues and mistakes by letter or phone call. Guess I'm not a victim. BY the way, like it or not, the government is not "illegal" nor is tax per se "illegal", other than in the minds of the fringe political groups. Interesting and typical that you have to resort to ad hominem attacks. Got any income you haven't reported?

The thing is that on paper, the system is fair. In practice, it's not. Selective enforcement, selective provision of benefits, targeting enemies using the full force of the IRS and other government agencies...

I've investigated cases where certain favored groups (e.g., BLM types) get a windfall of government funding, often through programs that are funded from penalties assessed on other people/companies, and they are never audited or required to pay what they should owe.

Meanwhile, a person or business that is disfavored by the government is hit with every possible penalty around and prevented from doing business. See, e.g., Obama and Lerner.

This is the way government oppression works. When everyone isn't treated the same way by government, it's no different from the worst corruption and oppression the world knows. And we're at that stage now.

And this is why Remsen has a seat at the fire.

At least my fire, whether he likes me or not lol.

MAGA
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Remsen

Boom. Well said.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Calvin
Is not reporting income and paying taxes the only way the little guy can survive?

Small businesses don’t have the money to hire high dollar accountants and lawyers to fight the irs when they come knocking. They essentially could bury any small business if they wanted to.

The purpose of a cpa is to keep the books in order so WHEN the IRS comes knocking, there’s no need for lawyers. If you’re in business and don’t hire a cpa to do your taxes, you’re paying too much in taxes, and most likely WAY more than the cpa costs.

This is how I do it... I pay my cpa monthly for bookkeeping and tax's and payroll... helps me sleep at night

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Do you believe that the IRS is, has been or is capable of being weaponized?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They'll just hire a bunch of "minorities" that'll fugg up everything and clog the system.and process more than it already is. And yes, taxes are theft. Why the hell is anyone else obligated to the money that I make? I didn't ask to take part in their game.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Funny, in CA the majority of the central valley is Latinos who only trade in cash. Good luck to the IRS agents, I’m sure a bunch will disappear making the rest back off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A little brown polish, lightly spread, a couple of words in Mexican, and I catch the truck ride from the corner to work. Then ride the truck back and take my pay. Done until the next time I need extra money.

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Do you believe that the IRS is, has been or is capable of being weaponized?

I think any function of govt. is capable of being weaponized, be it IRS, EPA, FBI, CIA, NSA, BATF,,DEA, other alphabet agencies, the military, homeland security, immigration, DOJ and others including local government agencies. They have been weaponized to some extent in the past as well as currently. There is clear evidence that the IRS has been used discriminately against political enemies as has the FBI and others if that is what you mean by weaponized. We must be constantly watchful, but that doesn't mean we have to develop unsubstantiated conspiracy theories etc. There is enough empirical evidence of abuse that needs correction without drifting into unsupported delusions.

Last edited by thirdbite; 08/07/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm a cpa among other things. I've not seen much of that except for people who choose not to report income, overstate expenses or don't pay tax. Of course those folks generally think they're victims.

Should money made from items sold privately individual-to-individual, like for instance here in the Campfire's classified forum, be reported when filing taxes?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Disarm the IRS bill - Matt Getz(Fla) IRS purchased 700,000 rounds
of ammo this year.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Should money made from items sold privately individual-to-individual, like for instance here in the Campfire's classified forum, be reported when filing taxes?[/quote]

That's what the law says.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Dutch
The purpose of a cpa is to keep the books in order so WHEN the IRS comes knocking, there’s no need for lawyers. If you’re in business and don’t hire a cpa to do your taxes, you’re paying too much in taxes, and most likely WAY more than the cpa costs.

Whether you're 1040 or 1099, a good CPA saves you more money that he costs you. Ain't easy running your own biz, but outsourcing the books is a good idea for most folks. Also helps at audit time to send your CPA instead of representing yourself.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
So the tossed tea was just some people trying to get over ?
Ok

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Simple facts and draw your own conclusions...

1. the IRS is the largest governmental agency in the US Government.
2. Image what it costs to recruit, hire and train an IRS agent to be ready for his first day on the job.
3. The IRS has over a 50% turn over, annually.
4. That means half of all of their employees have been there less than 2 years.
5. While they can quote laws and procedures, ask them to show you where that is written in the IRS Code Manual, so you can read it for yourself.
they will claim they don't have one available and do not know it seems that anyone can buy an IRS Code Manual. Pull out one if you own one, and they will cower away from it, like Zombies or Vampires do to a Crucifix in a horror movie. Ask them to find the section they just quoted you and most of them can't even find it.

6. When they leave the IRS, they can go to work for all of these different agencies you hear advertising on the radio all the time, about "if you have IRS issues".. call us..or they just go start their own with a couple more IRS agents who resigned. They can work much less and make a lot more money then they could working for the IRS.

7. The IRS goes after easy targets. Unless they are assigned to politically "get you".. if you hire a tax attorney, or a former IRS agent, working now to Fight the IRS, they have a record for quickly dropping the case, and move onto something they can fight with less resistance.

8. They will sit around the office and brag to each other about some citizen they were able to screw over, while putting their feet up and having coffee.

yeah I've had the good fortune to know former IRS employees, and get the inside scoop. There are many good honest people who do work there, like any where else... but they are just an agency, that has been given too much power for way too many decades.

There is a big reason also, that they have an over 50% turn over every year and have had that for decades after decades.

I've dealt with them and have asked them... "you expect me to be open and honest with you guys, and have a right to expect that in my opinion"

they smiled and told me "Well of course sir!" then I wipe the grin off their face when I respond " so then as a citizen we should have the right to expect the same in turn from the IRS shouldn't we?" They usually have never known how to answer that same question.

Kinda sad that is how the agency is ran.. and it shouldn't be used as a political weapon by the DNCC.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by joken2
Should money made from items sold privately individual-to-individual, like for instance here in the Campfire's classified forum, be reported when filing taxes?

That's what the law says.

So you reported all money made from items you've sold in the classified forum here?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's because you're a fugking idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
When the threshold for 1099Ks went from $20,000 to $600 a lot of people thought "How the fugk you gonna enforce that?"

Now we know...

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 7 invisible), 1,537 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.