Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So glad I mailed everything.

I was directed to the inspection building, interrogated for three and a half hours, asked “are you an agent” and “Where are the guns.”

They didn’t believe I mailed them, so they set about to find them.

[bleep] Trudeau and his minions.!

Never again.

And to the beautiful people of Canada, I feel for You.!

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
358wsm;
Morning my cyber friend, I hope that wherever you're at in your journey that you're where you want to be and it's all going well for you.

I'll apologize for the Canada Customs folks, as mentioned already it does go both ways and can be a bit of a crap shoot when crossing.

The rancher that I helped out/weekend cowboyed for, for nearly 30 years was a senior agent at Canada Customs for more years than that. He was old school and had a bunch of patience and horse sense so I'd think he'd have been decent to folks coming into the country.

That said, he'd tell me about folks coming in from the US who'd attempt to smuggle in all sorts of items, handguns among them, as they were somehow of the belief that Canada was the 51st state and it was their right to do whatever it was they were attempting to do.

One of the interesting things about Canada Customs up until maybe 20 years back was that not only were they not armed, but they had no formal firearms handling training. That last bit of oversight led to a few interesting moments when a summer student hire agent would come into the building waiving around a condition 1 1911! eek

Again I'm sorry you ran into a bad bunch.

One never knows if they've dealt with 20 people in front of you who were actually smuggling something or they just got up mad at the world, you know?

All the best and travel safe.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Aww Dwayne,

Good Morning to you, Sir.

I do understand the dynamics, and support strong border personnel. It is, after all, a matter of security and I understand.

You’re always so gracious in your ways here with us, and I believe that any of us here with any clear perception see you as beloved and our lives are enriched by even the slightest interaction with you.

Two years ago you wrote to me about some stuff, and I’ve been indebted to you ever since…

Thank you always for your words.

And too Dwayne, you cannot apologize for that of which you have not done.
Youve always been good to me here, and you have never offended in the slightest.

I can’t speak on behalf of the ‘fire, but I suspect others agree - we love you, Sir.

Thank you again.!

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
358wsm;
Thanks for the very kind reply my friend, I do very much appreciate it.

Also I recall we exchanged some correspondence, if you found it useful then that's cool.

At this point in life I like to be useful from time to time. grin

Should your travels ever bring you up or down the Okanagan and Highway 97 then by all means give me a shout. We'll do our best to at least say hello and perhaps get some ice cream - world famous so they claim - or a coffee into you before the journey resumes.

Thanks so much again and safe travels.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I’d be honored to see you.
Since you’ve given the invitation I’ll put you on my bucket list.

Thank you.

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (219DW, 270cowboy, 22250rem, 3040Krag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 1,774 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,133
Posts18,523,163
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.