L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Midway has SRP. For how long?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For a good while already, actually. I bought some 41s a while back for semi-auto use, and to keep the others for other rifles. Even at this price, with shipping and HAZMAT, these are cheaper than the only local place I know of that has them at times.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Fact not rumor. A company out of the Dallas Metroplex, has started renovating part of LONE STAR ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT in Hooks, Texas, maybe 4-6 months ago with plan to produce primers first then ammo. I do not know what the status is as of today but
maybe nearing actual production. Daniel

I just checked with a buddy who works for that company. He said that they started shipping to their bulk clients a few months ago. Current minimum orders are large but product is moving.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have posted this before but there is supposedly a primer factory being built near Des Arc, Ar. There is definitely something being built, with buildings surrounded by high earthen embankments. That is all that I can say for sure. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Des Arc? Maybe I’ll make a drive that way when I get to Arkansas next weekend. Didn’t Fiocchi announce they were building a plant in Little Rock?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fiocchi has a plant, I suppose. At least they have a sign that I saw going to Wrightsville a while back. That is South of Little Rock a small distance. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If you get caught with your pants down once shame on them

Twice shame on them and you

Three times shame on you

Four times WTF is wrong with you

We are at number 5

Believe it or not some may make it all the way to 10 or possibly infinity and beyond

Me, I made it to 1 once!!!

Now I'm a happy camper! Happy happington the hunter who can run and jump and hop and skip! And shoot bullets

There is a moral to this story and I believe someone pointed it out! Its called a Democrat got elected again! Take it into consideration or don't consider it at all! Ultimately that choice is yours, but remember, you are the one who made it!!!

Last edited by Trystan; 08/11/22.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by chamois
In Europe I had never ever seen a Fiocchi primer, and suddenly they are available everywhere here.

During the Sandy Hook shortages I bought two bricks of Fiocchi small pistol primers for $30 each. There were 2500 primers in each brick. An old guy was clearing out his reloading supplies due to loss of vision.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by okie john
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Fact not rumor. A company out of the Dallas Metroplex, has started renovating part of LONE STAR ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT in Hooks, Texas, maybe 4-6 months ago with plan to produce primers first then ammo. I do not know what the status is as of today but
maybe nearing actual production. Daniel

I just checked with a buddy who works for that company. He said that they started shipping to their bulk clients a few months ago. Current minimum orders are large but product is moving.

Okie John

That is a 180 from what I have heard.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Trystan
This thread doesn't apply to me because I have plenty of primers. Call it forsight, lack of no insight, or whatever you want

I'll call it beating your chest like Tarzan after a kill. You're welcome. smile

I'll concede the (good) point, however. I don't have as much powder as I thought I had.... or want. Sufficient for awhile, just not smugly sufficient - my preference point....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I have a flintlock. No issues.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ficcohi is building a facility in Ft. Smith, AR. Management were showing ammo, etc........at LE training in Ozark, AR. They said they hoped to be up and in production just after the start of 2023. Glad to have them in our midst.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I know primers are the biggest problem. In Canada, I have been paying $110 to $140 per thousand. That's about $85 to $115 USD, when they are available. Out of curiosity, what are you paying for 1000 primers during this latest shortage?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Trystan
This thread doesn't apply to me because I have plenty of primers. Call it forsight, lack of no insight, or whatever you want

Yeah, I have a million primers too. Fu ck everyone else huh?

like that idea

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UpThePole
I have a flintlock. No issues.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I will believe anything about primers when they show back up in shops in any number.

Cost might be around 40.00 per thousand but that price seems fair these days.

But i don't think that they will show up.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
Fiocchi has a plant, I suppose. At least they have a sign that I saw going to Wrightsville a while back. That is South of Little Rock a small distance. miles

Ok, very familiar with the area as I grew up north of LR. I considered buying 120 acres with a house last July that bordered Cypress Bayou. It was a pretty good deal, just didn’t know what the hell I’d do for work though. Came back to Alaska and four months later went permanent remote work.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

690 members (007FJ, 163bc, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 79 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,723
Posts18,494,694
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.