Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
There was a proposal that passed back in 2015 that made the scouting of dall sheep by airplane during the season illegal.
And no one said that was being done.

Stewie inferred it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Well they got that sheep that I saw. I guess he ran through Chitina the next day and a local guide helped his client nail him. 39 and change and 10. Pretty nice sheep. I will never go down there without a tag and rifle again. The kid using my stuff was sent in on troubleshooting a second hunter and hooked him up as well.
The local Dentist shot a full curl in 160 on the Nelchina side like I told him. 36 and heavy. He is happy. So that is four that I know first hand of. I can't wait to retire. I will hunt the entire season and get a buster every year. Those school marms who want to go to the L48 to visit their families in May should burn...........I would have killed a lot more sheep if I had 10 days. 5 days without drawing some special permit or without a cub is tough up here.

Last edited by kaboku68; 08/16/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There was a proposal that passed back in 2015 that made the scouting of dall sheep by airplane during the season illegal.
Lots of passed proposals pretend the First does not exist.

They actually sent a sweet missive to Boat-Based Transporters that it was illegal for us to tell hunters on the boat where to go, or where the deer on the beach was and any number of other obvious things. They dropped back VERY promptly...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

They actually sent a sweet missive to Boat-Based Transporters that it was illegal for us to tell hunters on the boat where to go, or where the deer on the beach was and any number of other obvious things. They dropped back VERY promptly...
That makes sense coming from the ADF&G, how does one prove that someone flying over the mountains during sheep season that they were scouting for legal rams? That's got to be one of the dumbest proposals I've ever heard of.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

That makes sense coming from the ADF&G, how does one prove that someone flying over the mountains during sheep season that they were scouting for legal rams? That's got to be one of the dumbest proposals I've ever heard of.

IMO- it SHOULD be illegal, during season. Hard to prove, unless idiots are being obvious about it. Hell, why not just call in an airstrike?(There's been times I would have been tempted! If not on the sheep, then on the caribou which insisted on running through the rams I was stalking....4 times! smile. )

Last edited by las; 08/17/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Bambistew
Originally Posted by waterrat
I have a DS-165 as well, my pilot (friend) lives and keeps a eye out for rams in that country is gonna call me when he see's something worthwhile.

Cool story... its against the law to scout for sheep during the season. Who's the pilot breaking the law? Plenty of f9lks would be interested to know.
What makes you think he is breaking the law?

Be specific.

He said his pilot is actively scouting sheep for him and will relay information. Sure there are lots of reasons to be in the mountains and in the air, relaying information specifically about sheep seen while in the air shouldn't be one of them. Being dumb enough to post on the internet that its your intent is pretty stupid. No surprise that IB would like to defend it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope, what he said is his friend is keeping an eye out while flying. Explain the difference between that and say a trucker reporting where he is seeing Nelchina caribou. And then address that to the First Amendment.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by waterrat
I have a DS-165 as well, my pilot (friend) lives and keeps a eye out for rams in that country is gonna call me when he see's something worthwhile.

Cool story... its against the law to scout for sheep during the season. Who's the pilot breaking the law? Plenty of f9lks would be interested to know.
What makes you think he is breaking the law?

Be specific.

He said his pilot is actively scouting sheep for him and will relay information. Sure there are lots of reasons to be in the mountains and in the air, relaying information specifically about sheep seen while in the air shouldn't be one of them. Being dumb enough to post on the internet that its your intent is pretty stupid. No surprise that IB would like to defend it.
You didn’t finish school did you? Go reread it.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Let me make it super easy for you.

This is directly from the post:

Zero mention of scouting while flying, or anything else while flying. The friend is a pilot so one can make assumptions.

Lots of ways to “keep an eye out”.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Nope, what he said is his friend is keeping an eye out while flying. Explain the difference between that and say a trucker reporting where he is seeing Nelchina caribou. And then address that to the First Amendment.

😂😂😂😂

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Zero mention of scouting while flying, or anything else while flying. The friend is a pilot so one can make assumptions.

Then why did he mention “pilot”? I called the troopers about this to get clarification and they already knew about this thread and did confirm what Bambistew posted.

You must be a murkowski lover…

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Your a lying snitch, or better known as hurt pussy.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ADF&G has had to backtrack on that same sort of thing before. If you have a reason for being in an area and happen to see something, the First lets you say whatever you want, period.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith

Then why did he mention “pilot”? I called the troopers about this to get clarification and they already knew about this thread and did confirm what Bambistew posted.

#readingcomprehension

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
ADF&G has had to backtrack on that same sort of thing before. If you have a reason for being in an area and happen to see something, the First lets you say whatever you want, period.

Riiight. Cuz ADFG is out there enforcing aerial spotting etc

😂😂😂

Last edited by SeldomSeenSmith; 08/18/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Riiight. Cuz ADFG is out there enforcing aerial spotting etc

😂😂😂
Not so fast there DK... AST enforces regulations promulgated by BOG... and actually refuses to when there are clear legal issues. Many examples are available. The highly unusual relationship (only three states total have similar systems) creates problems, but likely reduces policy error propagation.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The rule is misinterpreted,

The OP has an oriental accent,

His PILOT friend will keep an eye out whilst FRYING... Nothing to see here, move along....

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Two steps, very simple:
Does a pilot have a reason to be in the air?
Can anyone tell him what he can or cannot say?

Flightseeing is a business for many and a hobby for many more.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

#readingcomprehension

I prefer that my pilots keep their eyes closed while piloting!

#Isawnothingnothingnothing

FJB & FJT
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Well I was really hoping to see pictures of sheep on the ground in this thread ..... instead we get another campfire classic smile

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (14idaho, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,990
Posts18,481,076
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.