Road noise ..
Handling ..
These will be going in a 17 Highlander.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Michelin Defender LTX M/S...

I have them on 2 Land Cruisers. The ones on my 2000 Land Cruiser were/are LTX Defender M/S2 265/75/R16 E123R. They are very good tires - nice riding, low noise, worked good on wet roads, gravel roads, in snow, no snow. Never a flat either which was nice. I just went and ordered tires today. Same as before as I currently have 106,449 miles on them. I have no reason to change brands or model of tire.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have the LTX's on my Ford F-250 Diesel and love them. They work well in pulling a large, 13,000 pound RV, and in snow under three inches in the mountains of Colorado. My last set lasted 53,000 miles. I will purchase these tires again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been running those tires for years on pickups. When it's time for a new set, I always look but I never see a better choice for my uses. If I did more off-roading I'd probably go with a BFG All-Terrain.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have run those on a Tundra and 3 Tacomas. Best tire out there, excellent in rain and snow(highway and side streets) and they last longer then other brands. I am not so sure I would put them on a highlander.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have them on 5 out of 6 vehicles and would have had them on the other, except that it needed tires at 180,000 miles and I got a good deal on a set of 4 Cooper Discoverer HTP IIs for $660. They are good, but not great snow/ice tires, so the old Lincoln Aviator that we leave in the mountains runs the Michelins May thru October and a set of Blizzaks for the other six months.

C
colvin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I have run those on a Tundra and 3 Tacomas. Best tire out there, excellent in rain and snow(highway and side streets) and they last longer then other brands. I am not so sure I would put them on a highlander.
On Michelin’s web page they recommend this tire for a Highlander. These are a P rated tire with a sl load range in the 245-60-18 size for our highlander , they’ll be fine .

Last edited by colvin; 08/12/22.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I am working on my second set of Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires on my 2014 Toyota Highlander. Got over 90,000 miles on first set. For tires durable enough to last as long as they do they have great wet road capabilities and good snow capabilities. They are not the quietest road tires you can buy but they are acceptable considering their performance. I would not have anything else on an SUV or 1/2 ton truck.

Last edited by VaHunter; 08/12/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is the only tire I buy for my trucks...mostly Tundras. I also had them on 4Runners, Tacomas and even my wife's Lexus RX350. It is a great tire.

C
colvin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I am working on my second set of Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires on my 2014 Toyota Highlander. Got over 90,000 miles on first set. For tires durable enough to last as long as they do they have great wet road capabilities and good snow capabilities. They are not the quietest road tires you can buy but they are acceptable considering their performance. I would not have anything else on an SUV or 1/2 ton truck.
Could you elaborate on the road noise, we currently have copper endeavors that the dealer installed before we bought it and the road noise / hum is insane now . My Falken wild peaks on my truck are head and shoulders quieter than the coopers. And yes bearings and suspension are good and tight on the highlander

Last edited by colvin; 08/12/22.
IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by colvin
Could you elaborate on the road noise, we currently have copper endeavors that the dealer installed before we bought it and the road noise / hum is insane . My Falken wild peaks on my truck are head and shoulders quieter than the coopers. And yes bearings and suspension are good and tight on the highlander

When I said that are not the quietest road tires I mean as compared to passenger vehicle tires that are meant for highway use without the M/S designation.
I would think they would be considerably quieter than Falken Wild Peaks but I have no experience with Falkens to base that on. With the radio on at a normal listen level you will hear nothing from road noise.

C
colvin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Could you elaborate on the road noise, we currently have copper endeavors that the dealer installed before we bought it and the road noise / hum is insane . My Falken wild peaks on my truck are head and shoulders quieter than the coopers. And yes bearings and suspension are good and tight on the highlander

When I said that are not the quietest road tires I mean as compared to passenger vehicle tires that are meant for highway use without the M/S designation.
I would think they would be considerably quieter than Falken Wild Peaks but I have no experience with Falkens to base that on. With the radio on at a normal listen level you will hear nothing from road noise.
Got it , thank you ..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Om my 3rd set on my Ram 2500 Diesel. Average life about 50k but I replace them before they wear down to the minimum wear bars. "E" load range, of course. Smooth ride, quiet and very good in wet conditions. Can't speak to snow performance, as the truck has seen very little snow due to locale. Will buy them again. Had Firestone Transforce (Original equipment)- garbage. Nitto Grappler- noisy and hard to balance, Hankook, also would not stay in balance, on this truck. The Michelins do it for me.

Last edited by badger; 08/12/22.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been using them on my pickup's for 20+ years.

They last about 90,000 to 100,000 miles and work well on wet roads, ice and snow. Soft sand is another issue by it self, and if you are in 4x4 I have not had any issues. Mud again is another issue, gumbo while in 4x4 they work well.

Road noise is dependent on what kind of surface you are driving on.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Michelin are the cheapest tires I've ever used.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
On Michelin’s web page they recommend this tire for a Highlander. These are a P rated tire with a sl load range in the 245-60-18 size for our highlander , they’ll be fine .

I saw that after I posted it , I was going to go with Latitudes on mine but traded it last year.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not a Toyota Highlander, but on my 2008 4 runner with 250K miles, my last 3 sets have been Yokohama Geolander. They've been great.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've had them for years and the last set lasted me for 10 years, I didn't run it a lot , but did get 40,000 miles out of them. They cured a lot of my truck's rough riding and noise. I replaced them because they started to dry rot, not because they were worn out. They hold air better than any tire I've owned, as well.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
great on the Tahoe and truck

Had them on the car and was less than impressed Continentals were much better on the car

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
On my third set of LTX At/2s on a super duty diesel they’re the best tire I’ve ever ran on a diesel. As said no equal on snow/ice and wet roads with no flats.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (6MMWASP, Alan_C, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 849 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,887
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.