-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If for some God forsaken reason I had to live in California and found myself in such a situation trying to buy a cargo trailer.

I'd have to order 3, 14 footers and a 40ft flatbed, drive to Georgia and bring the 14 footers back on the flatbed.

By the time I sold two of the 14 footers and the flatbed in California I'd have myself a free cargo trailer and a little change left to jingle in my pocket..

Or, I could just get online and whine about how unfair life is where I live.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I have a 8.5x20 plus V-nose made by Kaufman trailers out of Denton NC. Bought it in 2020 an it had to be built because they couldnt keep inventory. They were selling 300 plus cargo trailers per month! It took about 5 months to get it. They sell them right out of the factory. Real quality and tough as nails.Whatever you find, I recommend Dexter torflex axles for smooth towing.

Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Heym06
Double R Trailers, Napa Idaho.
Already got a quote from them. Thanks.
For what I want.
$11,038.50
https://imgur.com/a/iFslQt4

Last edited by Dre; 08/14/22.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akasparky
If for some God forsaken reason I had to live in California and found myself in such a situation trying to buy a cargo trailer.

I'd have to order 3, 14 footers and a 40ft flatbed, drive to Georgia and bring the 14 footers back on the flatbed.

By the time I sold two of the 14 footers and the flatbed in California I'd have myself a free cargo trailer and a little change left to jingle in my pocket..

Or, I could just get online and whine about how unfair life is where I live.

Not a bad idea.
Thanks for the cheese

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I saw a nice little used V-nose this morning, I didn't catch the brand, about a 12' maybe 10'...I thought to myself that'll be a nice trailer for a couple grand so I turned around to see the price...$7,500!!!! Nope! I didn't even get out to look closer!

IC B2

Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by adam32
I saw a nice little used V-nose this morning, I didn't catch the brand, about a 12' maybe 10'...I thought to myself that'll be a nice trailer for a couple grand so I turned around to see the price...$7,500!!!! Nope! I didn't even get out to look closer!
Yes sir
This is why I’m here asking for help… or whining I guess lol

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m actually renting a U Haul to take on a hunting trip this fall. I sold my 6x12 a couple years ago and a replacement just didn’t make the budget this year.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I got a 7x16 with a ramp door. It’s been a handy investment, furniture moving, storage…. Now I just added a wheel chock for my motorcycle and added 2 D rings.

Last Saturday I pulled it out to Reed Point and rode the motorcycle a little bit.

Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So I’m down to two trailers and Have a q.
One is local company, Carson, racer series. Custom built new 7x14 v nose with 7’ interior and couple other options is $11k
The next one is aluminum Alcom, stealth. 7.5x14 v nose and it’s a beautiful trailer but it’s also $14k.
I know aluminum is lighter and more expensive.
But what other benefits would I get for the extra $3k going from Steel to all aluminum

Last edited by Dre; 09/01/22.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What ever trailer you buy, be award of the "China Bombs"

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dre
So I’m down to two trailers and Have a q.
One is local company, Carson, racer series. Custom built new 7x14 v nose with 7’ interior and couple other options is $11k
The next one is aluminum Alcom, stealth. 7.5x14 v nose and it’s a beautiful trailer but it’s also $14k.
I know aluminum is lighter and more expensive.
But what other benefits would I get for the extra $3k going from Steel to all aluminum
No rust is a biggie for me. I've got a 20 ft SnowPro for hauling our snowmachines, Argo and Rhino along with my wifes Honda Rancher, it's been a great trailer. It wasn't cheap but it did come with some extras like heat, heavy duty coat hooks, cabinet, spare tire, led interior/exterior lighting, roof vent, aluminum wheels and interior electrical plugs. I added a converter to run the heater and keep the battery charged, cost me $20k about 2 years ago and I can only imagine what they are going for now.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depending on how much you could save by buying down south, it might be worth it to take a drive down there and pick one up and tow it back. Seems like a long weekend a one night or so of a hotel stay and you'd be home with your new trailer... road trips can be interesting, if not always fun...

On the not so bright side- I wouldn't expect prices to come down substantially any time soon so you might as well get it now so you can get some use out of it.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sheister
Depending on how much you could save by buying down south, it might be worth it to take a drive down there and pick one up and tow it back. Seems like a long weekend a one night or so of a hotel stay and you'd be home with your new trailer... road trips can be interesting, if not always fun...

On the not so bright side- I wouldn't expect prices to come down substantially any time soon so you might as well get it now so you can get some use out of it.
Thanks but I just can’t take any more time off.
Already took a whole month of July off,
10 day elk hunt coming up. Plus cost of diesel is still stupid to travel 2000+ miles round trip.
Just might have to buy local and beat them
Up a bit on the price

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Just make sure you buy a black one.
Like the guy you voted for in ‘08.

Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Lol
That’s the best you got? Do You feel better about your self now?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Wow, after reading these prices, I'm glad I found mine last year, 3 year old Aluminum Cycle Pro 7x14 used to move two motorcycles 400 miles. $3200

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HarleyHutch
Wow, after reading these prices, I'm glad I found mine last year, 3 year old Aluminum Cycle Pro 7x14 used to move two motorcycles 400 miles. $3200
It’s absolutely stupid out here

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thought…. Whatever you get, you may want to inspect the roof and the roof edges. Seams… sometimes I see edges lifted up a bit on some lower cost units.

My 7x12 has rhino lining on the roof but seems to me that almost any paint on elastomer…. Undercoating product…etc would work,

No hail damage….quiet …. No worry about roof leaks….

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dre
Lol

He felt better way before he typed that because he never voted for the destruction of his own country.

It's poetic justice that you're getting fuqked on your new trailer that alone probably makes him feel better.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Dre
Lol

He felt better way before he typed that because he never voted for the destruction of his own country.

It's poetic justice that you're getting fuqked on your new trailer that alone probably makes him feel better.
Yeah that total makes sense
One vote has caused this mess we are in 14 years later.
Not the sharpest tool in shed are ya?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 16gage, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 36 invisible), 1,918 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,860
Posts18,497,174
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.