Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I know a guy couldn’t smell to good put gasoline in his wind wiper reservoir he liked to smoke as well
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😬😬😬🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by MARCEL
They're supposedly building a Bucee's about 12 miles down the road from where I live.

Is that east or west Kentucky James ? They are definitely expanding faster these days.

West Kentucky, right off I-24 close to the Tennessee state line. I suspect Slum and Reny will be regulars there.
Those signs were all over 40.
Pic of a Beaver and talking about going potty.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😄😄😄

Supposedly they have THE cleanest kept toilets out there. They are well known for it, or so the story goes. I imagine given the chance one of these days Slummy will break their streak with some bubble guts

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ren, If I had of known a little earlier you were heading this way I would have offered to spring for lunch.
I didn’t get into the place until around two thirty. Called my buddy to open the back door for me and he didn’t answer his phone crazy So I went to lunch for chicken wings and A beer.
Finally got a hold of him little after 2 o’clock and gained entrance. saved the door charge so there is that

Typical gun show, if your lookin for a deal stay home. Flea market of bang bang schitt...
I did pick up an ar trigger kit.
Seen two guns I really liked but the price was waayyyy to high on both for me.
The first was a whinny 9410 lever gun, the guy wanted $1600 for... NOT me brother
The next was a browning 1885 low wall in .22 hornet... $2600... eee I don’t think so But damn it WAS purdy!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I seen that 9410 also.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Seen a collection of colt rimfire .22,s
4 of em and a box w/ glass top

Dude wanted 4600 for it .

At best they were in avg to good condition at best.

Seen a modified 80,s colt king cobra 8 inch.
Someone had the grip frame milled and welded to reduce its contour and make it smaller.
Had some Mexican pimp mother of pearl grips on it.

Total abortion of a once perfectly fine king cobra.

Wanted 2100 or 2200 for it.

Some peoples kids.......

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by renegade50; 08/13/22.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The 1885 low wall was at the same table as the 9410
On a side note, I seen some daymn good lookin wemmins there!! laugh

Last edited by tndrbstr; 08/13/22.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I left around 1230 est

Got their just a little before 10 est

Did one complete walk around.
Pretty easy to eliminate the ammo tables and the regular non gun item tables.

Then just a aimless wander on the way out.

Had 2 sonic grilled cheese sandwiches outside of Lebanon at one of the exits on way back.
They were pretty good.

👍👍👍

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They're supposedly building a Bucee's about 12 miles down the road from where I live.

Is that east or west Kentucky James ? They are definitely expanding faster these days.

Our old Shoney’s is fixing to be a Whataburger

I already know how that will play out.
Untouchable drive thru lines for first 4 weeks, then trickle off. A solid all-groidian employee cookstaff of dragasses and step n fetchits.
Brown lettuce, stomped on buns, flat sodas, cold fries.

Can’t wait

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
The 1885 low wall was at the same table as the 9410
On a side note, I seen some daymn good lookin wemmins there!! laugh
Oh yeah...
I was hawking some of the Honey babies...
Kinda cutie little asian american mixed breed chick
Trying to peddle dragon skin chest armour.
Think it was dragon skin.

👍👍👍😄😄😄

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last one I went to at knoxville expo center where you went was over 10 yrs ago. Vowed to stay away from em. Actually thought about going to this one just to see, glad I didn't. Bought 2 Henry's & sold a revolver over the past week. That was way better than the gun show I'd imagine. I've seen people find a deal, but it's really rare. Sorta like the odds of Killin over from the chiner virus.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Another reason why I can’t go.

Woz any of dem “thicc” ?

Pawg butts drive me nuts

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Just got a phoner update.

A bag of marshmallow circus peanuts and cajun spice kettle corn, Faygo cotton candy pop.

Some old man in a square box chevy was doing 62 in the left lane and eating an apple. Gave ol Renegade50 a stumpy middle finger salute for tailgating him.
LOL!!!
Uh huh...
🥴🥴🥴😄😄😄

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

West Kentucky, right off I-24 close to the Tennessee state line. I suspect Slum and Reny will be regulars there.
Those signs were all over 40.
Pic of a Beaver and talking about going potty.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😄😄😄

Supposedly they have THE cleanest kept toilets out there. They are well known for it, or so the story goes. I imagine given the chance one of these days Slummy will break their streak with some bubble guts

They built one between Berea and Richmond on I-75 a year ago. Sucker must have 50 gas pumps. For some weird reason they don't allow semis to stop, which probably cuts half their potential customer base on that stretch of 75. Weird.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
I've hit the gun show circuit since we've moved to Tennessee, gone to two in Knoxville, one in Cookeville, Sparta, Clarksville, one here in Crossville as a spectator, the one the other weekend as a vendor, I rented two tables and the Mrs. & I sold off some magazines, holsters, scopes, slings, stuff that accumulates before you know it. And a gun, I sold a MPA30T, a MAC 10 looking POS I'd had for 20 years.
I tried to sell my stuff fairly priced, but I will tell you what, prices at all of those shows I mentioned are even higher then the shows we used to go to in Virginia Beach and Hampton or Chantilly. These old farts really think their crap is solid gold.
What a paradox, now that I am centrally located enough that I could go to a gun show nearly every weekend, everything at every show has been sky high, so it's nearly not worth the ride and admission.

I'm pretty convinced alot of the old cats price their stuff so sky high with 0 intention to sell. And pay for tables just to go to the show and talk cause they are lonely.

How else can one explain a post 64 basket weave pressed checkering model 100 .308 for 1675 bucks fair condition.

Another old guy I have seen around other shows and at this one today

Has high priced guns on display each with a 3x 5 card with factoids about each gun .
I have never seen anyone buy anything.
But lotsa guys blocking the aisles talking with him about the old days. Which isnt a bad thing.

All Totally aloof to 15 people wanting to get by and on down the aisle.
I seriously think it is a show and tell type of thing with some of these older guys and the prices at their table.
More of a social event and the guns and prices are to draw people in for attention

Just speculating....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bunch of foucking dipshît Gopher Gunner types in there talking about first and ONLY deer kill with basket weave pressed in grip Model 100.

Back in 19 and 74

Munching on a bag of Rural King popcorn they’ve nursing for 2 hours

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Driving observations

We all know 75 to 80 is passing lane traveling speed.
Then ya got the azzholes speeding up in the right lane trying to squeeze thru traffic
Then ya got the 70 mph types for miles on end in the passing lane holding up traffic.
Then ya got the totally aloof not even aware of flow or traffic beyond 100yds yet alone up to a mile away.
Then ya got the dipschit tail gating 1 to 2 car lengths behind you when you are pacing traffic ahead of you by at least 1 car length per each 10 mph of speed

I musta got ahead of about 8 to 9 each way of the various types going to and coming back

Homie believes in extended 10 to 15 sec window washing sessions when he gets about 25 to 30 yds in front of em after passing em in the fast then getting in the right.

Then its is back to 75 or 80 on my way.
Couple times got the same nimrod twice before they learned to back the fugg off or got more corrective window washing.

Then up around exit 19 on 24.

Traffic is backed the fugg up in the right lane.
I come up on this from about 1/2 mile away
Everyone is doing 72 .
No one passing
So I run up past them all doing 75

Sure as fugg
A Coopertown pecker cop playing the I got the power game.
Got his left arm out the window.
All cool guy and being a dick to traffic on their little Coopertown bosshawg 3 mile section of 24

Right along side of him
He looks at me, I look at him
Point to my speedo.
Look back at him, he turns his head real like he didnt see me and schit.
You are allowed to go over the limit 5 to 7 mph to pass.

I pass him doing 74 75 then signal and pull into right lane ahead of him about 50 yd then slow down to his 72 and about 25 30 yds in front of him

Gave his prick azz about a 10 sec window wash session.
He pulled over into the break down lane real quick.
His wipers going.
Bet his arm was all squirty fluid covered too and he was wiping it off.
Cool guy Coopertown prick cop playing traffic control games for power on the interstate.
How you like me now prick.....
Then all the traffic he was fugging with was able to all get past him and their little BS games zone on 24.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Let me see if I understand this. You spray windshield washer fluid, the stuff that goes on windshields, and it gets on another driver's windshield. That is a deterrent?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well yeah

It really pisses off Spyhunter the motorcycle douche

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Driving observations

Then ya got the azzholes speeding up in the right lane trying to squeeze thru traffic
Then ya got the 70 mph types for miles on end in the passing lane holding up traffic.
Then ya got the totally aloof not even aware of flow or traffic beyond 100yds yet alone up to a mile away.
Then ya got the dipschit tail gating 1 to 2 car lengths behind you when you are pacing traffic ahead of you by at least 1 car length per each 10 mph of speed

I musta got ahead of about 8 to 9 each way of the various types going to and coming back

Homie believes in extended 10 to 15 sec window washing sessions when he gets about 25 to 30 yds in front of em after passing em in the fast then getting in the right.

Couple times got the same nimrod twice before they learned to back the fugg off or got more corrective window washing.

Everyone is doing 72 .
No one passing

Sure as fugg
All cool guy and being a dick to traffic on their little Coopertown bosshawg 3 mile section of 24

Right along side of him
Point to my speedo.

I pass him doing 74 75 then signal and pull into right lane ahead of him about 50 yd then slow down to his 72 and about 25 30 yds in front of him

His wipers going.
Cool guy Coopertown prick cop playing traffic control games for power on the interstate.
Then all the traffic he was fugging with was able to all get past him and their little BS games zone on 24.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Let me see if I understand this. You spray windshield washer fluid, the stuff that goes on windshields, and it gets on another driver's windshield. That is a deterrent?
It pisses folks off somthing terrible.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think you’re right about the old guys with stupid prices. I bought a post-64 Win. 100 in .308 with a 3-8x40 Leupold for $270 OTD from a pawn shop 4 years ago for a buddy. I sent the scope back to Leupold and they replaced it with a new one. I only wanted the scope and figured my archery buddy needed a semi in .308 anyway. That rifle was in excellent shape having been a closet queen for years.

$2000+ for a post 64 Win 100 in .308 is so far out there that it’s obvious he’s not interested in selling it….hell for $2600 his grandkids won’t be able to sell it in their lifetime. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Driving observations

Everyone is doing 72 .
No one passing

Sure as fugg

Right along side of him
Point to my speedo.

His wipers going.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Phug ya, I don’t mind that schit on my windshield but I don’t want it all over the front of my car....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Drove the wife to Knoxville and we had a nice lunch at Chesapeakes. Glad I didn’t know about the gun show or I would of went and wasted my time. In the last 20 years gun shows are good for raising my blood pressure and that’s about it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 160user, 270cowboy, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 27 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,368
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.