Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
A drunk driver slams into a parked car, knocking it into you, is that your fault?

This thread ain't about me, Paul.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
On the road I ride with the attitude that if I get hit it’s ALWAYS gonna be my fault, for riding a bicycle on the road, and try to ride accordingly.

I'd like to explore how absolute that is. Texting driver crosses the centerline slams into you head-on, that's your fault?

You want to see how absolute that is, ask him if he'll be filing a claim for his medical bills with his own insurance company. Since it was his fault and eveything.

I just got back from my morning ride. I passed a bunch of people walking on the trail. Came up behind 'em, slowed down and let 'em know I was coming, and passed 'em on the left with no hit pedestrians, injuries, or conflagrations.

Every single one of 'em was either already walking over to the right or moved over when they heard me coming.

It ain't rocket science.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Toward the end of yesterday's ride, I stood an hammered to cross a road. When I did, I heard a loud metallic noise. A quick look didn't reveal anything wrong. Today, about 12 miles into my ride I discerned a bit of thump. A glance at the back wheel showed pronounced wobble. I found the source of yesterday's metallic noise. When you are cranking out serious quadpower, things can break.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
On the road I ride with the attitude that if I get hit it’s ALWAYS gonna be my fault, for riding a bicycle on the road, and try to ride accordingly.

I'd like to explore how absolute that is. Texting driver crosses the centerline slams into you head-on, that's your fault?

You want to see how absolute that is, ask him if he'll be filing a claim for his medical bills with his own insurance company. Since it was his fault and eveything.

I just got back from my morning ride. I passed a bunch of people walking on the trail. Came up behind 'em, slowed down and let 'em know I was coming, and passed 'em on the left with no hit pedestrians, injuries, or conflagrations.

Every single one of 'em was either already walking over to the right or moved over when they heard me coming.

It ain't rocket science.

It's almost as if some people think it costs money to pay attention.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
A drunk driver slams into a parked car, knocking it into you, is that your fault?

This thread ain't about me, Paul.

lolol

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Easy smokepole, there's only room for one gay cyclist on this forum. You're getting dangerously close to Paul's turf.
I feel a turf war coming on.

Ripped spandex, hair pulling, subtle dick grabbing, oh the humanity.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, I've seen those and the dick grabbing ain't subtle!!

But oh man, what is that helmet you're wearing in your avatar, I gotta get me one of those!!

PS, I don't think Paul is really gay, he just says that stuff because he craves all the positive reinforcement that comes with being a gay cyclist on here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL, I've seen those and the dick grabbing ain't subtle!!

But oh man, what is that helmet you're wearing in your avatar, I gotta get me one of those!!

PS, I don't think Paul is really gay, he just says that stuff because he craves all the positive reinforcement that comes with being a gay cyclist on here.

How do you like my new shorts?

https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/ride-with-pride-rainbow-shorts.html

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Toward the end of yesterday's ride, I stood an hammered to cross a road. When I did, I heard a loud metallic noise. A quick look didn't reveal anything wrong. Today, about 12 miles into my ride I discerned a bit of thump. A glance at the back wheel showed pronounced wobble. I found the source of yesterday's metallic noise. When you are cranking out serious quadpower, things can break.

That story is almost as exciting as a new bicycle.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RUM7
Easy smokepole, there's only room for one gay cyclist on this forum.

Nonsense.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You began with.....

I've had people walking toward me three abreast, looking right at me and just stand there blocking the trail. Or walking the same way I'm riding, walking down the middle of the trail with earbuds so they can't hear anything behind them. Or the woman today, walking down the center of the trail with her back to me yakking on her phone, not hearing me as I ride up behind her saying "passing on your left" until I'm actually passing on her left and she pivots to the left right in front of me so I had to lock up both wheels and skid off the trail.

What is it with these lame brains? The traffic on the trails is about 75% cyclists and 25 % walkers, you'd think after about the 30th cyclist passed them a light would go on and they'd say to themselves, "there's a lot of bikers out here, I need to pay attention so I don't get run over." You know, the laws of physics and all that.

And the thing is, every single one of these idiots drove an automobile to the park.

I gotta presume that if I had written that you’d call me a “Karen”.

I wrote....

Damn right they do, wherever they want, with earbuds, kids, dogs whatever.

It’s on me as a cyclist on a shared path to make allowances for them, to expect the unexpected.

WTF, I’m out for exercise, speeding back up after clearing them is just part of that, and I’ll slow way down for the next bunch too.

Yepper, I don’t agree that people merely out enjoying a walk are supposed to worry about cyclists. Should be the other way around and, by law, it is.

Anyhoo.... you got offended and went to personal insults and then puzzlingly wrote as a counter argument pretty much exactly what I would do

It ain't rocket science.

If I wrote this I gotta assume you would call me “self righteous” etc....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd like to explore how absolute that is. Texting driver crosses the centerline slams into you head-on, that's your fault? You are riding in a protected bike lane. The kind where there is a row of cars between the road and the bike lane. A drunk driver slams into a parked car, knocking it into you, is that your fault?

Among motorcyclists there’s a truism.. “It ain’t IF you’re going down, but when.”

Indeed, I got lucky and somehow walked away from my big motorcycle wreck, no helmet and all. A good friend nearly lost a leg in his, suffers chronic pain and now has to keep a cane handy.

I think cycling on the road is far more dangerous than on a motorcycle, you will post stats showing that it isn’t, but having put in many miles on both I know how many close calls there’s been.

On a road bike it ain’t if you’re getting hit but when. Getting killed out there is a real possibility but at this point in my life, that ain’t the worst possibility.

Texting driver scenario? Yep if I hadn’t been out there on a bicycle I wouldn’t have gotten hit. Drunk driver etc etc... no me, no bicycle, I wouldn’t have gotten hit (the ‘Fire would say the exact same thing grin)

Some years back my own family suffered a tragedy in a large part because of someone’s error in judgement. Coulda sued, was encouraged to, didn’t. It wasn’t intentional and suing would not have brung that person back. Suing ain’t what we do.

Would I sue? Actually prob'ly not.

YMMV

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to explore how absolute that is. Texting driver crosses the centerline slams into you head-on, that's your fault? You are riding in a protected bike lane. The kind where there is a row of cars between the road and the bike lane. A drunk driver slams into a parked car, knocking it into you, is that your fault?

Among motorcyclists there’s a truism.. “It ain’t IF you’re going down, but when.”

Indeed, I got lucky and somehow walked away from my big motorcycle wreck, no helmet and all. A good friend nearly lost a leg in his, suffers chronic pain and now has to keep a cane handy.

I think cycling on the road is far more dangerous than on a motorcycle, you will post stats showing that it isn’t, but having put in many miles on both I know how many close calls there’s been.

On a road bike it ain’t if you’re getting hit but when. Getting killed out there is a real possibility but at this point in my life, that ain’t the worst possibility.

Texting driver scenario? Yep if I hadn’t been out there on a bicycle I wouldn’t have gotten hit. Drunk driver etc etc, same thing.

Some years back my own family suffered a tragedy in a large part because of someone’s error in judgement. Coulda sued, was encouraged to, didn’t. It wasn’t intentional and suing would not have brung that person back. Suing ain’t what we do.

Would I sue? Actually prob'ly not.

YMMV

Do you subscribe to the same "always my fault" irrespective of the mode of transportation?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you subscribe to the same "always my fault" irrespective of the mode of transportation?

Are all modes of transportation the same?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yepper, I don’t agree that people merely out enjoying a walk are supposed to worry about cyclists. Should be the other way around and, by law, it is.

People merely out enjoying a walk on a trail where they're outnumbered by cyclists 2:1 don't have to worry about cyclists as long as they keep their head out of their ass and themselves over to the right so the bikes can pass.

It's called "common sense."

It's funny that you think it's always your fault if an automobile hits you while you're on the road ("by law it's not") but a pedestrian on a trail used primarily by cyclists can do anything they want including jump in front of a bike and if they get hit it's the cyclist's fault.

It's called common sense. Get some.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
People merely out enjoying a walk on a trail where they're outnumbered by cyclists 2:1 don't have to worry about cyclists as long as they keep their head out of their ass and themselves over to the right so the bikes can pass.

It's called "common sense."

It also implies that bicycles have the right of way and not pedestrians. Pedestrians having to limit their travel for the convenience of the cyclists.

It's funny that you think it's always your fault if an automobile hits you while you're on the road ("by law it's not") but a pedestrian on a trail used primarily by cyclists can do anything they want including jump in front of a bike and if they get hit it's the cyclist's fault.

If the cyclists were not traveling at speeds that were likely to result in injury to one or both parties while passing said pedestrians this would not be an issue.

In reality the speed that the majority of cyclists fly by pedestrians on hike/bike paths is one of the reasons cyclists are disliked by so many.

JMHO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are all modes of transportation the same?

In terms of their legal status on the road, yes.

I was trying to determine if you used logic to arrive at your philosophy. It is becoming obvious that you didn't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Is it logical to assume that “legal status” makes all modes of transportation the same?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Is it logical to assume that “legal status” makes all modes of transportation the same?

WTF does being the same have to do with fault in a collision?

It's okay if your logic is "just because." I simply wanted to know how you arrived at your belief.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
When bicyclists fight, there will be scratches.

LOL

Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,571
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.